2012 Presidential Debate - Townhall

Who Will Win Tonight's Debate

• Total voters
So where are all the shit-talkers who were saying being questioned on Benghazi was going to be the President's undoing?

:badgrin:
He had to be bailed out by the "moderator" and a shill audience that wasn't supposed to applaud anything, after getting called out on lying his ass off.

Oh no.

Mittens wanted to call the Prez out on some kind of Watergate-style conspiracy and instead he whiffed.Right on national TV. Right in front of millions.

That's what happened and that's how our so-called Liberal Media is reporting it, too.

:D

Mitt looked naked on that stage

This one will be replayed for years

Romney reminds the American people just how bad of a president Obama is. This is why Romney won, SLIGHTLY, but a win.

We went from first to seventh in competitiveness
Triple A to Double A plus
23 million out of work
Most part time jobs being created
Lying to the American people for two weeks. I don't give a damn if he said "terrorizing" in the rose garden. The fucker still shit on the first amendment.

Is this what liberal economics looks like??? It doesn't make us better off.

I disagree...she stomped on both their necks. you just don't like that didn't let Romney bully her like he did to lehrer. now THAT was a joke. also, anyone 'in the bag' for Obama wouldn't have started with Libya. would they have? you do know she picked the questions. they had almost exactly equal air time... they got cut off almost equally...

That is not true. According to CNN time keepers Obama got 5 minutes more time than Romney. That is about 10% more time Obama had to sell his bs than Romney had.

There are states that will be going red that were considered safe for 0bama... Guarenteed... Watch where Barry goes down the stretch...

those states didn't go for dems the prior two elections, did they? nope. they didn't.
Which states? I didn't mention any... But I do believe PA, WI and possibly ME will go red in November... Maybe more but I'm liking the runup in those places as we get closer... Barry has to spend precious dollars in states he considered a lock.... Yikes!

i disagree...she stomped on both their necks. you just don't like that didn't let romney bully her like he did to lehrer. now THAT was a joke. also, anyone 'in the bag' for obama wouldn't have started with libya. would they have? you do know she picked the questions. they had almost exactly equal air time... they got cut off almost equally...

you just don't like your candidate's answers.
The Lybia Crowley reaction solidified my opinion of her, a complete in the bag 0bama hack... She tried to save 0bama, but it turns out Romney was right and she ate crow... She interrupted Romney 22 times and 0bama 9 times... 0bama had almost 5 minutes more speaking time last night than Romney (CNN's debate clock)...

Romney was the same confident Romney he was in Debate 1 and it showed in the after-debate polls where he took every category from the economy to leadership...

No, it's not improving... Only the left thinks it is while out of work people on both sides struggle to pay the bills or ffind a full-time job...

i don't know why the right is so vested in seeing us as failures. well, yes, i do. but let's talk about reality and not the talking points...
You'll have to join me in reality then.... Just because you and your family are making out ok doesn't mean the rest of the country is... Lots of "1%"-ers are able to do better for themselves...

the stock market is doubled
GM doing well (i know how the right hates hearing that so i like putting it up front, forgive me that bit of self-indulgence).
the housing market is up for the first time since the last administration
employment is down to 7.8%
* The poor don't really care about the stock market.... Besides, any gains made are overtaxed...
* GM is losing their shirt overseas, the VOLT is a giant waste of money, but at least their top management is pulling in good coin!
* Forclosures are way up, home values are way down... Sucks for people trying to refinance when their value is less than what they owe...
* U6, the unmanipulated measure, remains astronomically high... and a 7.8% U3 is NOT a good thing... We all know folks out of work... And now college kids can't even find P/T work because all the folks older than them are snatching up anything they can get...

now we can argue about the habitually unemployed and underemployed; we can argue about how to fix that; we can argue about the difficulty of paying student loans back when getting decent paying entry level jobs is so difficult.

but that isn't the sole fault of this president... not when even something as simple as raising the debt ceiling became an exercise in brinksmanship. do i think he should have done better being fired up and communicating... hell yeah.
It IS the fault of this President... Writing checks with no money in the checking account is wrong at home and wrong for the government... It was wrong when Boooooosh did it and it's wrong when Barry does it... The left complained about Bush's spending, but this time it's different... As long as Solyndra and other green failures get their cash, it's all good, right?

but even with that... i've gotten a promotion and a raise since he took office
my husband got two promotions, along with raises, since he took office
my family's business is doing incredibly well, (knock wood and all that stuff)
and when i ask my rightwing dad and brother what's so terrible, and what he's done that anyone before him hasn't done...they sputter... they get annoyed... they tell me i'm not a 'job creator'. lol.. but really, reagan raised taxes 7 times. and taxes were 4% higher when clinton was president... going back to that rate at least for part of the population is common sense.. no matter what grover norquist says. and, sweetheart, before you ask me to give up all the things that make MY life easier and better... like roads, reasonable tolls and transit fares, funding to schools... funding at my place of employment which has gotten it's butt kicked because of cuts in federal funds to the state...
I'm happy you and yours are able to do well in a terrible economy... You are the exception and not the rule... Kids out of school looking for full-time work are completely screwed... Seeing it firsthand, so don't try to blow smoke up my ass... A good education used to mean you stood a good chance of landing something in your field in a reasonable timeframe after grad... Now it's part-time doing anything to pay car insurance and gas while living at home because there's no way to afford to be on your own...

roe v wade struck a balance between when a woman's right to exercise dominion over her own body stopped and the governmental interest kicked in... it was fair then and it is fair now. and this really is a medical issue. it shouldn't be a political issue at all.
I have no problem with abortion for medical reasons / life of mother and such... If it's for birth control, I have an issue.. My belief comes from my faith and moral conscience that tells me it's wrong to take an innocent life...

your personhood laws would have prevented me from having my son... also a true story. is that being pro-life?
What law or potential law would have "prevented" you from having a child?

why does the right only like government when it tells women what to do? surely i don't need some government to make my moral judgments for me.
I know faith is a personal experience, but how does your feelings jive with your faith?

The whole debate was geared to get Obama good coverage.....What you progressives have to ask yourselves is this ...With the whole set up being made to Obama's advantage from the questions and moderator to the crowd they had in attendance how come Obama didn't do better? He still stuttered and was incoherent most of the times...Not to mention out right lied several times and ignorantly thinks the american people dont know how to use Google or Bing. All Obama did was give the hardcore lefties a boner.....

Last edited:
The whole debate was geared to get Obama good coverage.....What you progressives have to ask yourselves is this ...With the whole set up being made to Obama's advantage from the questions and moderator to the crowd they has ion attendance how come Obama didn't do good? He still stuttered and was incoherent most of the times...Not to mention out right lied several times and ignorantly thinks the american people dont know how to use Google or Bing. All Obama did was give the hardcore lefties a boner.....
in the end gop remain in control of this election despite obama good peformance

some understandable very happy conservatives on here.

Leftist economic idea's=fail.

That's what this debate really comes down to.

Like "Trickle Down"??

:lol:

1# It takes "capital"(cash) to open a business(cost of making stuff, cost of the employee's, ect.).
2# The rich don't have to stay in this country. They don't have to invest in our country, so to get them to invest we do in fact have to make them happy. :eusa_shifty: Look at france to understand what they do.

Why did they outsource??? It's true the rich are greedy....But it is they that have us over the barrel.

The whole debate was geared to get Obama good coverage.....What you progressives have to ask yourselves is this ...With the whole set up being made to Obama's advantage from the questions and moderator to the crowd they has ion attendance how come Obama didn't do good? He still stuttered and was incoherent most of the times...Not to mention out right lied several times and ignorantly thinks the american people dont know how to use Google or Bing. All Obama did was give the hardcore lefties a boner.....

What good performance?????? The only thing he can slightly call good was his splitting hairs about him SAYING terror in the rose garden....Even then he needed the fat cow to bring it home.

I think Obama did ok, but Romney sliced into his record on national t.v.:eusa_boohoo:

Win for Romney

That is the opinion of someone that wants this country to remain number one.

I think Obama did ok, but Romney sliced into his record on national t.v.:eusa_boohoo:

Win for Romney

well you should be happy as romney near finish line now.

Win for Romney

well you should be happy as romney near finish line now.

Your going to have to get used to referring to Romney as the president soon

This bit of Chuck Pierce is way too good not to share:

But not even I expected Romney to let his entitled, Lord-of-the-Manor freak flag fly as proudly as he did on Tuesday night. He got in the president's face. He got in Crowley's face. That moment when he was hectoring the president about the president's pension made him look like someone to whom the valet has brought the wrong Mercedes.

"You'll get your chance in a moment. I'm still speaking."

Wow. To me, this was a revelatory, epochal moment. It was a look at the real Willard Romney, the Bain cutthroat who could get rich ruining lives and not lose a moment's sleep. But those people are merely the anonymous Help. The guy he was speaking to on Tuesday night is a man of considerable international influence. Outside of street protestors, and that Iraqi guy who threw a shoe at George W. Bush, I have never seen a more lucid example of manifest public disrespect for a sitting president than the hair-curling contempt with which Romney invested those words. (I've certainly never seen one from another candidate.) He's lucky Barack Obama prizes cool over everything else. LBJ would have taken out his heart with a pair of salad tongs and Harry Truman would have bitten off his nose.
And Romney bitched endlessly — endlessly — about the rules, and why this uppity fellow on the other stool was allowed to speak before he was spoken to, and why he didn't get to speak at length on whatever he wanted to speak on because, after all, he is the CEO of the stage. Jesus Christ, I'd hate to play golf with the man. He's the guy who counts to make sure you don't have too many wedges in your bag. He knows every cheap subsection of every cheap ground rule, and he'll call you on every one of them. You couldn't get a free drop out of him with thumbscrews, and forget about conceding any putt outside two inches. And then, on the 18th hole, with all the money on the line, he kicks his ball out of the rough and denies up and down to the rules committee that he did it. Then he goes into the clubhouse bar and nobody sits with him.

Read more: America Has Now Met the Many Romneys, and America Knows They Can Get Their Asses Kicked: At the Debate

Last edited:
Leftist economic idea's=fail.

That's what this debate really comes down to.

Like "Trickle Down"??

:lol:

1# It takes "capital"(cash) to open a business(cost of making stuff, cost of the employee's, ect.).
2# The rich don't have to stay in this country. They don't have to invest in our country, so to get them to invest we do in fact have to make them happy. :eusa_shifty: Look at france to understand what they do.

Why did they outsource??? It's true the rich are greedy....But it is they that have us over the barrel.

1. None of that is taxable
2. The rich are welcome to leave. I see more coming in than leaving

The whole debate was geared to get Obama good coverage.....What you progressives have to ask yourselves is this ...With the whole set up being made to Obama's advantage from the questions and moderator to the crowd they had in attendance how come Obama didn't do better? He still stuttered and was incoherent most of the times...Not to mention out right lied several times and ignorantly thinks the american people dont know how to use Google or Bing. All Obama did was give the hardcore lefties a boner.....

Romney is responsible for his performance last night. Just like Obama was responsible for his performance in the first debate

Stop making excuses, it makes you look like a little bitch

No, actually he won.

Forum List

Back