2012 Presidential Debate - Townhall

Who Will Win Tonight's Debate

• Total voters
Hypocricy, wouldn't you say?

Recommending slashing of embassy security funding and then whining about a lack of embassy security

Is Embassy security a priority with Republicans or not?

Did you even read what you BOLDED? I put the important part in RED for you. maybe you'll see that.

Jason Chaffetz Admits House GOP Cut Funding For Embassy Security: 'You Have To Prioritize Things'

On Wednesday morning, CNN anchor Soledad O'Brien asked the Utah Republican if he had "voted to cut the funding for embassy security."

"Absolutely," Chaffetz said. "Look we have to make priorities and choices in this country. We have…15,000 contractors in Iraq. We have more than 6,000 contractors, a private army there, for President Obama, in Baghdad. And we’re talking about can we get two dozen or so people into Libya to help protect our forces. When you’re in tough economic times, you have to make difficult choices. You have to prioritize things.”

For the past two years, House Republicans have continued to deprioritize the security forces protecting State Department personnel around the world. In fiscal year 2011, lawmakers shaved $128 million off of the administration's request for embassy security funding. House Republicans drained off even more funds in fiscal year 2012 -- cutting back on the department's request by $331 million.

U.S. official says superiors worked against effort to boost Benghazi security - CNN.com
Eric Nordstrom, the one-time regional security officer, told the House Oversight Committee that he had a disheartening conversation with the regional director of the agency's Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs when he requested additional manpower for the facility.

"I said, 'Jim, you know what makes it most frustrating about this assignment? It's not the hardships. It's not the gunfire. It's not the threats. It's dealing and fighting against the people, programs, and personnel who are supposed to be supporting me," Nordstrom said.

He also told the State Department officer, "'For me, the Taliban is on the inside of the building."

Libya Security Lapse: The Budget for Embassy Security Is Not Responsible
According to the fiscal year (FY) 2013 Congressional Budget Justification Department of State Operations (p. 11), overall funding for those programs has increased sharply over the past decade. Indeed, Worldwide Security Protection is more than double what it was a decade ago. Despite reductions from budget peaks in FY 2009 and FY 2010, both budget lines are higher than in FY 2008. (continues below chart)
special-libya-security-coll.jpg

Top Revelations from Libya Hearing - By Katrina Trinko - The Corner - National Review Online
“It has been suggested that budget cuts are responsible for a lack of security in Benghazi, and I’d like to ask Miss Lamb,” said Representative Dana Rohrabacher (R., Calif.). “You made this decision personally. Was there any budget consideration and lack of budget which lead you not to increase the number of people in the security force there?”

“No, sir,” said Lamb.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/329977/top-revelations-libya-hearing-katrina-trinko
5. Nordstrom and Lieutenant Colonel Andrew Wood, a Utah National Guard member who had led a security team in Libya , were both frustrated by the lack of support from the State Department on granting security requests. “Mr. Nordstrom, do you think they were ever going to give you what you wanted?” asked Representative Jim Jordan (R., Ohio). “What do you think would warrant them saying “You know what, these guys know what they’re talking about and we’re going to meet their request?”

“Thank you for asking that question,” responded Nordstrom. “I actually had that conversation when I came back on leave and for training in February. I was told by the Regional Director for Near Eastern Affairs that there had ‘only been one incident involving an American’ where he was struck by celebratory fire, it was one of Colonel Wood’s employees. The takeaway from that, for me and my staff, it was abundantly clear, we were not going to get resources until the aftermath of an incident. And the question that we would ask is, again, ‘How thin does the ice have to get before someone falls through?’”

Last edited:
So where are all the shit-talkers who were saying being questioned on Benghazi was going to be the President's undoing?

:badgrin:

So you think he should have been more direct about using the term "act of terror" before receiving and reviewing facts? No wonder you liked Bush.

So, Obama claims he called it an act of terror in this speech (which he didn't), before receiving and reviewing facts?

You're an idiot... whining about what I supposedly want Obama to say 'before receiving and reviewing facts', and ignoring the fact Obama claims he DID say something before 'receiving and reviewing facts'.

Hypocritical douche.

What a lying little pissant you are. He did say it was an act of terror. It was, regardless whether it was a spontaneous vigilante mob or a directed act of the right wing theocrats of al Qaeda.

You Lie! - Obama did not call the Benghazi attack an act of terror until he was busted weeks later still trying to cover up his failure.

Who cares if a woman has to pay for the pill herself and let's face it government should not be funding abortion factories.

The government isn't paying for contraceptive abortions, simpleton. Contraception is a medical choice, and is not abortion.

So you think he should have been more direct about using the term "act of terror" before receiving and reviewing facts? No wonder you liked Bush.

So, Obama claims he called it an act of terror in this speech (which he didn't), before receiving and reviewing facts?

You're an idiot... whining about what I supposedly want Obama to say 'before receiving and reviewing facts', and ignoring the fact Obama claims he DID say something before 'receiving and reviewing facts'.

Hypocritical douche.

What a lying little pissant you are. He did say it was an act of terror. It was, regardless whether it was a spontaneous vigilante mob or a directed act of the right wing theocrats of al Qaeda.

So, you approve of him saying it was an act of terror (which he did not) 'before receiving and reviewing facts'? You approve of shooting first and aiming later? Got it.

Dickless Fuck.

So where are all the shit-talkers who were saying being questioned on Benghazi was going to be the President's undoing?

Obama nailed them when he said he was going to get the sons of bitches who did this and that he always does

Did you even read what you BOLDED? I put the important part in RED for you. maybe you'll see that.

Jason Chaffetz Admits House GOP Cut Funding For Embassy Security: 'You Have To Prioritize Things'

On Wednesday morning, CNN anchor Soledad O'Brien asked the Utah Republican if he had "voted to cut the funding for embassy security."

"Absolutely," Chaffetz said. "Look we have to make priorities and choices in this country. We have…15,000 contractors in Iraq. We have more than 6,000 contractors, a private army there, for President Obama, in Baghdad. And we’re talking about can we get two dozen or so people into Libya to help protect our forces. When you’re in tough economic times, you have to make difficult choices. You have to prioritize things.”

For the past two years, House Republicans have continued to deprioritize the security forces protecting State Department personnel around the world. In fiscal year 2011, lawmakers shaved $128 million off of the administration's request for embassy security funding. House Republicans drained off even more funds in fiscal year 2012 -- cutting back on the department's request by $331 million.

U.S. official says superiors worked against effort to boost Benghazi security - CNN.com

Libya Security Lapse: The Budget for Embassy Security Is Not Responsible

special-libya-security-coll.jpg

Top Revelations from Libya Hearing - By Katrina Trinko - The Corner - National Review Online
“It has been suggested that budget cuts are responsible for a lack of security in Benghazi, and I’d like to ask Miss Lamb,” said Representative Dana Rohrabacher (R., Calif.). “You made this decision personally. Was there any budget consideration and lack of budget which lead you not to increase the number of people in the security force there?”

“No, sir,” said Lamb.

5. Nordstrom and Lieutenant Colonel Andrew Wood, a Utah National Guard member who had led a security team in Libya , were both frustrated by the lack of support from the State Department on granting security requests. “Mr. Nordstrom, do you think they were ever going to give you what you wanted?” asked Representative Jim Jordan (R., Ohio). “What do you think would warrant them saying “You know what, these guys know what they’re talking about and we’re going to meet their request?”

“Thank you for asking that question,” responded Nordstrom. “I actually had that conversation when I came back on leave and for training in February. I was told by the Regional Director for Near Eastern Affairs that there had ‘only been one incident involving an American’ where he was struck by celebratory fire, it was one of Colonel Wood’s employees. The takeaway from that, for me and my staff, it was abundantly clear, we were not going to get resources until the aftermath of an incident. And the question that we would ask is, again, ‘How thin does the ice have to get before someone falls through?’”

Romney thinks he can win by whining and Monday Morning Quarterbacking?

Good luck to him

Hypocritical douche.

You Lie! - Obama did not call the Benghazi attack an act of terror until he was busted weeks later still trying to cover up his failure.

No, you know who lied? Mittens, who was going along with a falsehoo only Fox News was peddling. And guess what: he called out on it on primetime TV in front of millions of potential voters.

And there's nothing Mittens or his wingnut backers can do about it, either. :)

Hypocritical douche.

You're an idiot, as well as a lying piece of shit.

“Yesterday, our U.S. diplomatic post in Benghazi, Libya, was attacked. Heavily armed militants assaulted the compound and set fire to our buildings. American and Libyan security personnel battled the attackers together. Four Americans were killed. They included Sean Smith, a Foreign Service information management officer, and our Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens. We are still making next of kin notifications for the other two individuals.”
— Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, State Department Treaty room, Sept. 12

“The United States condemns in the strongest terms this outrageous and shocking attack. We're working with the government of Libya to secure our diplomats. I've also directed my administration to increase our security at diplomatic posts around the world. And make no mistake, we will work with the Libyan government to bring to justice the killers who attacked our people.
“Since our founding, the United States has been a nation that respects all faiths. We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. But there is absolutely no justification to this type of senseless violence. None. The world must stand together to unequivocally reject these brutal acts…No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for.”
— President Obama, Rose Garden statement, Sept. 12

Hypocritical douche.

So, you approve of him saying it was an act of terror (which he did not) 'before receiving and reviewing facts'? You approve of shooting first and aiming later? Got it.

Dickless Fuck.

Yes, I do. It was an act of terror whether it was a a spontaneous act of a vigilante mob or a a directed attack of of the the right wing theocrats of al Qaeda. By waiting until the evidence came in, he now knows it was the right wing theocrats that murdered our ambassador. I won't say "kill the motherfuckers", since, according to you, that would be against the board rules. I will say I want OUR PRESIDENT to target the individuals responsible. Will you report me for that statement?

Last edited:

He had to be bailed out by the "moderator" and a shill audience that wasn't supposed to applaud anything, after getting called out on lying his ass off.

It was funny when both Obama and Crowley simultaneously came back at Romney with ...Are you sure you want to say that? Lets go to the tapes

Romney looked like a fucking idiot. Almost as bad as when he first chimed in on the night of the attacks

Once again, Romney demonstrated he is not ready for prime time

Obama acting like a child and constantly running to the moderator when Romney got to tough on him was pathetic.

I seem to remember Romney was the one whining like a lunch room monitor that "the rules say this....the rules say this...not FAIR"

:lol:

Barry remains toast...

Even a partisan media hack like Crowley couldn't save this sinking ship...

Barry Lied - People Died

Stick a fork in him... It's over... End of an error...

Dickless Fuck.

Yes, I do. It was an act of terror whether it was a a spontaneous act of a vigilante mob or a a directed attack of of the the right wing theocrats of al Qaeda. By waiting until the evidence came in, he now knows it was the right wing theocrats that murdered our ambassador. I won't say "kill the motherfuckers", since, according to you, that would be against the board rules. I will say I want OUR PRESIDENT to target the individuals responsible. Will you report me for that statement?

Ok... so we have your partisanship clear now. You fully approve of the President saying something BEFORE he has all the facts... (even though in this case, he did NOT call the specific attack an act of terror in the Rose garden speech, like he claimed during the debate).

Nothing the Empty Suit known as 0bama said won over any independents or undecideds...

Start putting away the breakables, libs, so you're not tempted to throw anything on election night...

You're an idiot, as well as a lying piece of shit.

“Yesterday, our U.S. diplomatic post in Benghazi, Libya, was attacked. Heavily armed militants assaulted the compound and set fire to our buildings. American and Libyan security personnel battled the attackers together. Four Americans were killed. They included Sean Smith, a Foreign Service information management officer, and our Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens. We are still making next of kin notifications for the other two individuals.”
— Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, State Department Treaty room, Sept. 12

“The United States condemns in the strongest terms this outrageous and shocking attack. We're working with the government of Libya to secure our diplomats. I've also directed my administration to increase our security at diplomatic posts around the world. And make no mistake, we will work with the Libyan government to bring to justice the killers who attacked our people.
“Since our founding, the United States has been a nation that respects all faiths. We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. But there is absolutely no justification to this type of senseless violence. None. The world must stand together to unequivocally reject these brutal acts…No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for.”
— President Obama, Rose Garden statement, Sept. 12

the 'acts of terror' comment was general in nature, as you'd see if you took your head out of Obama's rectum, Dickless.

SHOW ME WHERE OBAMA SPECIFICALLY SAID 'THE ATTACK ON OUR EMBASSY IN LIBYA WAS AN ACT OF TERROR'...

Dumb ass.

Forum List

Back