2010s a horrible decade for movies !!!

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
2000-2010 - we had many good ones : Dark Knight , Gladiator, No Country for old men , LOTR and Bourne trilogy . Very good decade

2010-2020 ??? Not a single one ?

There were some good movies, but it’s harder and harder to make a good movie, similarly it’s harder harder to produce a good song. Reasons being every story has been told, all the chords have been played in every order.

My posts are becoming less and less political and about other topics as politics is for the true stupid of society

My posts are becoming less and less political and about other topics as politics is for the true stupid of society

I hardly ever post about politics anything. It’s gotten so stupid around here.

It is almost impossible to make entertainment. Have you seen the diversity requirements? Talent is not permitted? Could you navigate entertainment without offending someone? Did you see the oscars where Jimmy Kimmel had to make obeisance to black lives matter?

We have a cancel culture. Entertainment has been cancelled.

It is almost impossible to make entertainment. Have you seen the diversity requirements? Talent is not permitted? Could you navigate entertainment without offending someone? Did you see the oscars where Jimmy Kimmel had to make obeisance to black lives matter?

I watched the Oscars when Bob Hope was the MC lost interest after that.

Arrival, Dunkirk and Interstellar were about it.

La La Land, Ford Verse Ferrari, Richard Jewell just to name a few

Ford vs. Ferrari was an EXCELLENT movie. Even much more so as it was based on a true story. And, there actually have been several good movies that were made in the past 10 years. Me? I like military war movies, and 1917 as well as Midway were excellent movies.

Black Panther was also an excellent movie for entertainment.

Arrival, Dunkirk and Interstellar were about it.

La La Land, Ford Verse Ferrari, Richard Jewell just to name a few

Ford vs. Ferrari was an EXCELLENT movie. Even much more so as it was based on a true story. And, there actually have been several good movies that were made in the past 10 years. Me? I like military war movies, and 1917 as well as Midway were excellent movies.

Black Panther was also an excellent movie for entertainment.
matt damon is unwatchable

There were some good movies, but it’s harder and harder to make a good movie, similarly it’s harder harder to produce a good song. Reasons being every story has been told, all the chords have been played in every order.
I second this. The only thing that can be done eventually is the same thing over again, but with different people of course which in my opinion makes perfect sense as long as its the good memories that are being kept alive and are kept alive by the right people.

I definitely get where you are coming from with this, but as long as a person knows where to find whatever it is that they are looking for, whatever it is that they are looking for will never be cancelled.

God bless you two always!!!

Holly

You know, instead of bitching about movies over the past 10 years (and there have been some good ones BTW, several have been listed on this thread), why not bitch about the fact that on television there is nothing but repeats, and there hasn't been much new stuff developed?

Probably because of COVID, but interestingly enough, soap operas have figured out how to keep coming up with new episodes.

Forum List

Back