1st month after tax cuts feds run surplus

It was signed on Dec. 22, so yes, it was effectively known to be a done deal.

oh look

we put in a tax cut and collected money goes up

who would have ever predicted this? I mean, except for EVERYBODY that understands that revenues almost ALWAYS go up with tax cuts

meanwhile, democrats continue to scream at the sky - weren't we told that people would die because of the Trump tax cuts?

oh well, maybe next time...

Feds Collect Record Taxes in First Month Under Tax Cut; Run Surplus in January

(CNSNews.com) - The federal government this January ran a surplus while collecting record total tax revenues for that month of the year, according to the Monthly Treasury Statement released today.

Last edited:
It was signed on Dec. 22, so yes, it was effectively known to be a done deal.

But they did not go into effect on Dec 22. You know better than that
Just the acknowledgement is was now law helped to spur growth. If you don’t thin’ so, then I have a bridge to sell ya.
Bills are signed before they're active, but yes, anticipation can change the dynamics of an economy.

Elections can, too, before any swearing-in ceremony.

A United Republican government and the enactments that would ensue have done wonders for our country, even before full implementation.

sounds great
doesn't sound like the great disaster predicted by some

The tax cuts were not in effect yet.
Tax cuts went into effect January 1. 2018, shitforbrains. Bonuses are being handed out left and right the past 6 weeks and corporations like Apple have brought in hundreds of billions into the US from offshore accounts.

It is why no one trusts the left with the economy.

Good news, for now. With record levels of revenues coming in the last 4 months I'd say the positive employment situation had more to do with the surplus than tax reform. I only glanced at the linked story.

My general notion is that I'm with Rand Paul in that we're still lacking fiscal responsibility in terms of spending.

Last edited:
where are the progressives that told me that Trump was going to ruin the economy and that these tax cuts would be horrible for everybody???

oh look

who would have ever predicted this? I mean, except for EVERYBODY that understands that revenues almost ALWAYS go up with tax cuts

meanwhile, democrats continue to scream at the sky - weren't we told that people would die because of the Trump tax cuts?

(CNSNews.com) - The federal government this January ran a surplus while collecting record total tax revenues for that month of the year, according to the Monthly Treasury Statement released today.

You do know that the tax cuts had not yet taken effect in Jan, right? Or am I giving you too much credit?

sounds great

Tax cuts went into effect January 1. 2018, shitforbrains. Bonuses are being handed out left and right the past 6 weeks and corporations like Apple have brought in hundreds of billions into the US from offshore accounts.

Yeah, and when people file their taxes for their 2018 income we will see the effect. Fuck you are dumb.

sounds great

Yeah, and when people file their taxes for their 2018 income we will see the effect. Fuck you are dumb.
Dumbass, didn't you notice that less taxes are being taken out of your welfare check?

oh look

You do know that the tax cuts had not yet taken effect in Jan, right? Or am I giving you too much credit?

You've been here a year and have to ask a question like that. Of course he didn't know.

Forum List

Back