1st Amendment, Bakers, Bridal Shops, Adoption, Etc; A Religious Rejection Explained (Condensed)

Perhaps the outline below will help those on the ignorant right understand the differences between and among the right to free association and freedom of religion, and public accommodations laws as regulatory policy.

Public Accommodations Laws: government regulatory policy authorized by the Commerce Clause; they violate neither religious liberty nor private property rights.

Freedom of Association: First, Fourteenth Amendments; prohibits government from compelling private organizations not open to the general public as a business to accept unwanted individuals as members. Private organizations may deny membership for any reason, including race, religion, sexual orientation, and political beliefs.

Freedom of Religion: First Amendment; prohibits government from enacting punitive measures against citizens because of their religious beliefs, or because they are free from religion altogether.

The Supreme Court has held that religious beliefs, doctrine, and dogma are not Constitutional grounds to ignore or violate just, proper, and Constitutional laws – such as public accommodations laws:

“We have never held that an individual's religious beliefs excuse him from compliance with an otherwise valid law prohibiting conduct that the State is free to regulate. On the contrary, the record of more than a century of our free exercise jurisprudence contradicts that proposition.”

Employment Division v. Smith

Typical airheaded rubbish. .

That describes literally every post you make.

No surprise that you despise the law and the facts when they interrupt your right wing fantasies.

The people who have taken over the Democratic party are not liberal at this point. Leftist authoritarianism shares some issues with traditional liberalism, but it is absolutely not the same. "Do your own thing" and "Live and let live" have been replaced by "do it our way or we'll find a way to punish you". That is not liberal. Not even close. It's a perversion of liberalism, at best.

Well said. They are totalitarian now.

I have a relative who is a leftist doctor. She thinks all doctors should ask patients whether they have guns in the house.

Well...........to what purpose? To report them to the police, like STASI? To have them arrested? It's a fundamentally totalitarian idea.

Speaking of 'totalitarian' we have the Right telling doctors what they can and cannot tell to women who are seeking abortions.

A State-by-State List of the Lies Abortion Doctors Are Forced to Tell Women

Because the totalitarian Right believes that male politicians- not women and their doctors- should be the ones making decisions about the health of women.
Yes, the two ends are very similar in their behaviors.

Right?
260px-Political_spectrum_horseshoe_model.svg.png

I miss stoning people to death even with my sins...
You failed to notice 1. that the OP draws from the New Testament and 2. that in the NT, Jesus is reported to say "he who is without sin, cast the first stone."

Nice try though!

He's always making these fake attempts at making moral arguments from what he thinks is 'Christianity', even though he has no experience or knowledge of such things and fails. Since the other stoners and deviants don't know anything about them either, he' still in good with his peer group, so it's okay.

Speaking of his deviant peer group, did you notice that Syriusly has started spamming here again? Her pay for post job requires that she spams pages into oblivion and threads into exasperation and death. The moderators all know about it and do nothing. So, that tells you a little bit about USMB.

Speaking of his deviant peer group, did you notice that Syriusly has started spamming here again? Her pay for post job requires that she spams pages into oblivion and threads into exasperation and death. The moderators all know about it and do nothing. So, that tells you a little bit about USMB.

I find your whines about spam delightfully funny considering you have over 80 threads here pissing and moaning about queers.

I miss stoning people to death even with my sins...
You failed to notice 1. that the OP draws from the New Testament and 2. that in the NT, Jesus is reported to say "he who is without sin, cast the first stone."

Nice try though!

He's always making these fake attempts at making moral arguments from what he thinks is 'Christianity', even though he has no experience or knowledge of such things and fails. Since the other stoners and deviants don't know anything about them either, he' still in good with his peer group, so it's okay.

Speaking of his deviant peer group, did you notice that Syriusly has started spamming here again?.

LOL- coming from the Bigot Spam Queen that is pretty hilarous.

Nothing can be more deviant than your advocating for the harm of children when you continue to call for their parents marriages to be banned.

I saw this thread had been replied to and guessed without looking "Syriusly". Yep. :lmao:

Forum List

Back