1980 Election Redux?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
In 1980, Ronald Reagan was elected President, despite being dismissed as a lightweight "cowboy" who had no business running for that office. Have our demographics changed so much that a repetition is no longer possible?

I hope not.

In 1980, Ronald Reagan was elected President, despite being dismissed as a lightweight "cowboy" who had no business running for that office. Have our demographics changed so much that a repetition is no longer possible?

I hope not.

You mean Ronald Reagan- the popular two term governor of the most populated state in the United States?

I hope not.

You mean Ronald Reagan- the popular two term governor of the most populated state in the United States?

Yes. Do you have any other questions?

Reagan was a Conservative, Trump is an Anarchist.

I see him more of the Anti-Christ instead...

I hope not.

If for a moment you believe Donald Trump is anything like Ronald Reagan, well you are foolish incorrect!

Reagan was a Conservative, Trump is an Anarchist.

I see him more of the Anti-Christ instead...

I hope not.

If for a moment you believe Donald Trump is anything like Ronald Reagan, well you are foolish incorrect!

Your post mortem cannonization of Ronald Reagan is touching, but the point is that both campaigns characterized them as lightweight candidates who stood little chance of beating their "more qualified" opponents.

Well, Taz, you seem to have some concept of anarchism, could you explain your view on this?
Sam Harris recently said Trump's mind is like a balloon that's been blown up, and let go.
I think he nailed it there...

Forum List

Back