1954 Lincoln Capri 460CI V8 Hardtop

I really like resto-mod classic cars.
You get the style and beauty of yesterday's cars.
But with the reliability and performance of todays modern fuel injected engines and transmissions, the stopping power and safety of disc brakes, and air conditioning that actually cools the passengers. Plus many resto-mods have comfort accessories like power windows and power door locks, and tilt steering wheel. ... :cool:

American autos from say 1955 until the late 1970s, you made some exceptionally beautiful and interesting autos, I mean many were literal works of art on four wheels. Since the 1980s like I think with all other autos from around the world things have gone downhill on appearance, with so many autos either looking very much the same or just looking generic.

From America an example would be the Lincoln Continental Mk III, this is the 1970 version:

1601409095114.png

1601409134145.png

It's the back of the auto, it's interesting and adds a nice touch:

1601409198711.png

Beginning in the 1980s the Lincoln Continental started to look less attractive, the below are both from 1984:

1601409653135.png

And things got worse until we get to the 2019 Lincoln Continental which just looks plain and generic:

1601409736211.png

^^^^ It actually looks like a slight variation of the 2019 Bentley Continental GT:

1601410108227.png

But with the reliability and performance of todays modern fuel injected engines and transmissions, the stopping power and safety of disc brakes, and air conditioning that actually cools the passengers. Plus many resto-mods have comfort accessories like power windows and power door locks, and tilt steering wheel. ... :cool:

SM, you are a heathen, you know that. I always drive classics. As I get older, the classics get newer. And each time I sell them I always make a profit and use them as daily drivers (I drive very little though). People love my hand-me-downs. A restomod goes down in price while the classic goes up. The problem with the classic is, you have to be very careful what you do to them. Mod them and the worth goes down.

She is getting ready to pay almost full price for a resto-mod. She is paying what a real Classic should cost. The Cost of a 1954 Lincoln Capri is right around 14K.
1954 lincoln capri Values | Hagerty Valuation Tool®
She is overpaying. The car will not increase in worth like the original classic will with those changes.

If you are buying something like this to impress, the classic impresses just as well as the rest-mod does. And they will drive the same. The old buggy really can't handle that 460. The suspension just wallows in comparison to the newest Lincolns. If you want something to drive, buy a new or newer car and have your classic as well. The Classic in original condition will impress not only the kids but the collectors as well.

My newest is a 2005 Dodge Magnum RT that is Dark Red. I haven't seen another one like that in this area. It has problems and I didn't pay what a cherry one would cost so it leaves room to get it back to tip top condition. But the power train is in really good condition which most old Gen 3 Hemis aren't. Paint, recover both front buckets (minor cracks in the leather), a small crack in the dash and paint. And some electronic replacements like some sensors and the Radio/GPS/Nav. Unlike the Challenger, which it's the forrunner of both the Challenger and the Charger, it is 400lbs lighter and has an indy rear suspension. Like always, I am predicting that this is going to be on the classic car list very, very soon. So I have to be very careful about how I maintain it. My old Hotrodding Days were fun but they are over. But the worth of the car will just go up.

A 2005 Dodge Magnum RT, on my Continent a 2005 auto is not considered in anyway Classic, a 15 year old auto a Classic? We are talking more of auto's from the mid-1950s to say the mid-1970s as being Classic Auto's.

The below to us would not be considered a Classic auto as it's only 15 years old:

1601410647070.png

SM, you are a heathen, you know that. I always drive classics. As I get older, the classics get newer. And each time I sell them I always make a profit and use them as daily drivers (I drive very little though). People love my hand-me-downs. A restomod goes down in price while the classic goes up. The problem with the classic is, you have to be very careful what you do to them. Mod them and the worth goes down.

She is getting ready to pay almost full price for a resto-mod. She is paying what a real Classic should cost. The Cost of a 1954 Lincoln Capri is right around 14K.
1954 lincoln capri Values | Hagerty Valuation Tool®
She is overpaying. The car will not increase in worth like the original classic will with those changes.

If you are buying something like this to impress, the classic impresses just as well as the rest-mod does. And they will drive the same. The old buggy really can't handle that 460. The suspension just wallows in comparison to the newest Lincolns. If you want something to drive, buy a new or newer car and have your classic as well. The Classic in original condition will impress not only the kids but the collectors as well.

My newest is a 2005 Dodge Magnum RT that is Dark Red. I haven't seen another one like that in this area. It has problems and I didn't pay what a cherry one would cost so it leaves room to get it back to tip top condition. But the power train is in really good condition which most old Gen 3 Hemis aren't. Paint, recover both front buckets (minor cracks in the leather), a small crack in the dash and paint. And some electronic replacements like some sensors and the Radio/GPS/Nav. Unlike the Challenger, which it's the forrunner of both the Challenger and the Charger, it is 400lbs lighter and has an indy rear suspension. Like always, I am predicting that this is going to be on the classic car list very, very soon. So I have to be very careful about how I maintain it. My old Hotrodding Days were fun but they are over. But the worth of the car will just go up.

A 2005 Dodge Magnum RT, on my Continent a 2005 auto is not considered in anyway Classic, a 15 year old auto a Classic? We are talking more of auto's from the mid-1950s to say the mid-1970s as being Classic Auto's.

The below to us would not be considered a Classic auto as it's only 15 years old:

View attachment 394635

It will be. The mark of a potential classic is clean lines, something out of the ordinary and the fact that they didn't make that many. This car is one of the most copied body lines that has ever existed. The next time you look at EVERY FRIGGIN SUV EVERY MADE, look at the body lines. All of them are like the Magnum was given way too many donuts and chocolate bon-bons and gutted in the engine department. Here is a bad picture of mine but the color is one that not to many were produced which is another reason something becomes a classic. It's like the difference between Purple and Plum Crazy. When I got it, the drivers side fender had a huge patch down to the undercoat. I hand painted it and buffed it out by hand. Since then I have hand buffed the light lenses. Many of those of this color have ended up in the Junk Yards used as parts for the Chargers which all parts from the rear doors and forward interchange with for the years 2006 and up. If you go into a junkyard, you will find numerous Magnums but no Chargers. And the Magnums will be stripped down to nothing completely unrestorable. When a Magunum RT hits a wrecking yard, it's like a whole herd of Locust hits it. And the only Challengers or Chargers you will find will be ones that are crashed beyond any point of salvage before they got there. I saw one Magnum RT get pulled into a yard here. I went 2 days later to see if there were any parts I could use and it was stripped and the parts were already shipped all over the nation. Since the manufacturing run was actually limited by todays standards, it's going to become a classic in my lifetime. I paid less than 4000 for it and it books for about 4500.

My last ride was a 1988 Ford F-250 Camper Special XL. One day it was worth junk and the next it was worth over 6000 bucks and went up each year. I originally paid 1700 for it not running (the truck was otherwise in emaculate condition) and put in a starter, battery and alternator. Due to normal wear and tear, I put in the normal brake parts and other minor things. I sold it for quite a profit. But it got a fantastic 11mpg shut off in the parking lot for mileage. Of course, it could drag that lincoln sideways or you could load it crossways without exceeding the payload. A contractor bought it because it was a classic, looked good and worked like a workhorse.

One of these days, I am predicting that my Magnum (It's loaded) will make the classic car list as more of them are scrapped to be used for the Chargers and 300s as well as the Challengers. Did I mention the front clip from a Challenger also fits?

1601411943040.jpeg

I agree with what you are saying to a point. ... :cool:
I'd never take a really nice example of a classic car and resto-mod it.
That would be blasphemy.
I only resto-mod cars with blown or missing engine and transmission, needing all new wiring, and trashed interior. But that has good chrome, straight body, good glass, and very minimal rust.

That would be blasphemy.
I only resto-mod cars with blown or missing engine and transmission, needing all new wiring, and trashed interior. But that has good chrome, straight body, good glass, and very minimal rust.

There is a class of Classics that Lincoln may fit if it were fitted with the original equipment. It appears that it's even the original paint. Those are very, very rare.

Wh
I have at random posted about my thing of collecting Classic Autos I now have 26 Classic Autos in my collection, with American one's I always seem to get peoples who are selling them from either Texas or Florida for some reason.

Note: Edited to correct that Janis Joplin was born in Port Arthur Texas but mainly grew up in nearby Beaumont, Texas.

Anyhow from Beaumont, Texas - the birthplace I add of the great Janis Joplin - my attention has been directed to the below beautiful 1954 Lincoln Capri 460CI V8 Hardtop - I'm also looking at adding to my collection a 1965 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 350 and also a 1954 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible from someone else - I already have a 1964 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Fuel Injected Coupe with 375hp, 327 cu. in. fuel injected V-8 engine, it's Black with a Black leather interior and a walnut steering wheel. This is my Import Company I use to get Classic Autos I have bought to me:

But anyhow look at this below 1954 Lincoln Capri 460CI V8 Hardtop, WHAT a BEAUTY and it looks in incredible condition, obviously it has been lovingly restored and the engine looks great, I'm in LOVE AGAIN:

View attachment 394595

View attachment 394596

View attachment 394597

View attachment 394598

View attachment 394600

View attachment 394601

View attachment 394602

View attachment 394603

For such a beautifully restored auto it's cheap at under 14,000 US Dollars, I mean the 1964 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray which is also beautifully restored cost me 5 times the amount, obviously after that you have to add in the Import thing and all different taxes etc

View attachment 394604

View attachment 394605

It's being sold by some man in Beaumont, Texas called Mark, I need to get my Texas Team to visit him and to physically look at this auto first and if it's as great as it seems I think I'm going to have to get it:

Where in Beaumont? I'm there often.

Wh
I have at random posted about my thing of collecting Classic Autos I now have 26 Classic Autos in my collection, with American one's I always seem to get peoples who are selling them from either Texas or Florida for some reason.

Note: Edited to correct that Janis Joplin was born in Port Arthur Texas but mainly grew up in nearby Beaumont, Texas.

Anyhow from Beaumont, Texas - the birthplace I add of the great Janis Joplin - my attention has been directed to the below beautiful 1954 Lincoln Capri 460CI V8 Hardtop - I'm also looking at adding to my collection a 1965 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 350 and also a 1954 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible from someone else - I already have a 1964 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Fuel Injected Coupe with 375hp, 327 cu. in. fuel injected V-8 engine, it's Black with a Black leather interior and a walnut steering wheel. This is my Import Company I use to get Classic Autos I have bought to me:

But anyhow look at this below 1954 Lincoln Capri 460CI V8 Hardtop, WHAT a BEAUTY and it looks in incredible condition, obviously it has been lovingly restored and the engine looks great, I'm in LOVE AGAIN:

View attachment 394595

View attachment 394596

View attachment 394597

View attachment 394598

View attachment 394600

View attachment 394601

View attachment 394602

View attachment 394603

For such a beautifully restored auto it's cheap at under 14,000 US Dollars, I mean the 1964 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray which is also beautifully restored cost me 5 times the amount, obviously after that you have to add in the Import thing and all different taxes etc

View attachment 394604

View attachment 394605

It's being sold by some man in Beaumont, Texas called Mark, I need to get my Texas Team to visit him and to physically look at this auto first and if it's as great as it seems I think I'm going to have to get it:

Where in Beaumont? I'm there often.

Not sure where in Beaumont at this time, all I know is he's in Beaumont.

That would be blasphemy.

I get offered autos at random, a few years ago I was offered a BEAUTIFUL condition 1959 Cadillac Eldorado, it looked GREAT but I'm not a fan of owning those long American auto's, I admire them but I don't want those very long auto's.

If my various teams, I call them teams, they are general friends who also like old auto's and know about that sort of thing and they are always going to be nearer to these autos than me and so they go and physically take a look at them for me and then report back, but they also keep an eye on who might be selling an auto and they have found someone selling a 1959 Plymouth Fury Sport in good condition, it's in Danville, California, not sure where that is in California, but I have two teams there one up in Walnut Creek/Lake Tahoe and the other in Benedict Canyon/Lake Arrowhead.

This is a beautiful auto, not sure about the colour of it though and IF I bought it I might get it resprayed Black because I think it would look exceptional in Black:

1601485146430.png

1601485168182.png

1601485193624.png

1601485216520.png

1601485239432.png

1601485466052.png

1601485265167.png

Not sure about the seats, if I bought it I would want either Black leather seats or VERY VERY Dark Red leather seats:

1601485335011.png

1601485361937.png

1601485430276.png

1601485394061.png

1601485638188.png

1601485509024.png

1601485546355.png

1601485719968.png

Last edited:
That would be blasphemy.

I get offered autos at random, a few years ago I was offered a BEAUTIFUL condition 1959 Cadillac Eldorado, it looked GREAT but I'm not a fan of owning those long American auto's, I admire them but I don't want those very long auto's, the same happened.

If my various teams, I call them teams, they are general friends who also like old auto's and know about that sort of thing and they are always going to be nearer to these autos than me and so they go and physically take a look at them for me and then report back, but they also keep an eye on on who might be selling an auto and they have found someone selling a 1959 Plymouth Fury Sport in good condition, it's in Danville, California, not sure where that is in California, but I have two teams there one up in Walnut Creek/Lake Tahoe and the other in Benedict Canyon/Lake Arrowhead.

This is a beautiful auto, not sure about the colour of it though and IF I bought it I might get it resprayed Black because I think it would look exceptional in Black:

View attachment 395055

View attachment 395056

View attachment 395058

View attachment 395059

View attachment 395060

View attachment 395066

View attachment 395061

Not sure about the seats, if I bought it I would want either Black leather seats or VERY VERY Dark Red leather seats:

View attachment 395062

View attachment 395063

View attachment 395065

View attachment 395064

View attachment 395070

View attachment 395067

View attachment 395068

View attachment 395074

^^^^ Some more pictures of the above 1959 Plymouth Fury Sport:

1601486125897.png

1601485808048.png

1601485825444.png

1601485848197.png

1601485880917.png

1601485906504.png

1601485932352.png

1601485957304.png

1601485982220.png

1601486002688.png

1601486025285.png

1601486047384.png

1601486070866.png

That would be blasphemy.

I get offered autos at random, a few years ago I was offered a BEAUTIFUL condition 1959 Cadillac Eldorado, it looked GREAT but I'm not a fan of owning those long American auto's, I admire them but I don't want those very long auto's.

If my various teams, I call them teams, they are general friends who also like old auto's and know about that sort of thing and they are always going to be nearer to these autos than me and so they go and physically take a look at them for me and then report back, but they also keep an eye on who might be selling an auto and they have found someone selling a 1959 Plymouth Fury Sport in good condition, it's in Danville, California, not sure where that is in California, but I have two teams there one up in Walnut Creek/Lake Tahoe and the other in Benedict Canyon/Lake Arrowhead.

View attachment 395055

View attachment 395056

View attachment 395058

View attachment 395059

View attachment 395060

View attachment 395066

View attachment 395061

View attachment 395062

View attachment 395063

View attachment 395065

View attachment 395064

View attachment 395070

View attachment 395067

View attachment 395068

View attachment 395074

As I said no idea where Danville, California is BUT I do now:

1601486398349.png

^^^^ Danville is not that far then from the friends I have in Walnut Creek, they are literally 11-14 minutes away, it's like the Gods are again working in my favour for things I want and have fallen in love with already, look at this:

1601486505909.png

they have found someone selling a 1959 Plymouth Fury Sport in good condition,
Paint it red like the Plymouth Fury in the movie Christine.
It's a really popular car when done in that color. ... :cool:

I very much hope that when they grow up my kidlets will like these old auto's like I do, Kid A aged 7 years in age already shows an interest in them and reading about the history of them etc

If all is as well as it LOOKS with that 1959 Plymouth Fury Sport then I will not be having it Imported to me, I will be having it by road taken to Benedict Canyon to the house I bought there 3 weeks ago now, all the other autos get shipped to me and it can take several months for them to arrive, first shipped and then by road to me.

Danville to Benedict Canyon is 5 hours and 26 minutes by road, so a bit more of a journey than Danville to Walnut Creek:

1601486810632.png

Red with Black leather seats or Black with Black leather seats or Black with VERY VERY Dark Red leather seats. Hmmmm.
Beautiful interior of the movie car Christine. ... :cool:
View attachment 395098

You know I have never seen the film "Christine", I know the auto is a blood red Plymouth Fury, but is it a Plymouth Fury Sport or just the regular Plymouth Fury?

OMG the steering wheel is FANTASTIC:

1601487314332.png

You know I have never seen the film "Christine", I know the auto is a blood red Plymouth Fury, but is it a Plymouth Fury Sport or just the regular Plymouth Fury?
I'm no expert on the in's and out's of the car used in the movie.
You'd have to do some research to see of your car would be close enough to the car seen in the movie to refurbish and imitate the original Christine.
I'm sure the average person on the street would think it was the Christine movie car. ... :cool:

That would be blasphemy.

View attachment 395055

View attachment 395056

View attachment 395058

View attachment 395059

View attachment 395060

View attachment 395066

View attachment 395061

View attachment 395062

View attachment 395063

View attachment 395065

View attachment 395064

View attachment 395070

View attachment 395067

View attachment 395068

View attachment 395074

By repainting the car you would be reducing the worth by thousands. That Copper color looks fantastic. Too bad it's not a 1958. It would have the 392 Hemi instead of either the 350 or the 361 wedge.

American autos from say 1955 until the late 1970s, you made some exceptionally beautiful and interesting autos, I mean many were literal works of art on four wheels. Since the 1980s like I think with all other autos from around the world things have gone downhill on appearance, with so many autos either looking very much the same or just looking generic.

From America an example would be the Lincoln Continental Mk III, this is the 1970 version:

View attachment 394624

View attachment 394625

It's the back of the auto, it's interesting and adds a nice touch:

View attachment 394626

Beginning in the 1980s the Lincoln Continental started to look less attractive, the below are both from 1984:

View attachment 394630

And things got worse until we get to the 2019 Lincoln Continental which just looks plain and generic:

View attachment 394631

^^^^ It actually looks like a slight variation of the 2019 Bentley Continental GT:

View attachment 394633
The real works of art are much older.
1601490105157.jpeg

That would be blasphemy.

View attachment 395055

View attachment 395056

View attachment 395058

View attachment 395059

View attachment 395060

View attachment 395066

View attachment 395061

View attachment 395062

View attachment 395063

View attachment 395065

View attachment 395064

View attachment 395070

View attachment 395067

View attachment 395068

View attachment 395074

By repainting the car you would be reducing the worth by thousands. That Copper color looks fantastic. Too bad it's not a 1958. It would have the 392 Hemi instead of either the 350 or the 361 wedge.

Daryl I already commented in this thread that I do not buy autos to "increase their worth" I buy them to collect because I WANT them for ME, I don't buy these things to then go on and sell them to others, these are my PERSONAL collection of autos. I do however though like your enthusiasm for old automobiles.

The Plymouth Fury Sport and/or The Plymouth Sport Fury began in 1959, there was no 1958 model of that auto it was introduced in 1959, the 1958 Plymouth you might be thinking of is the 1958 Plymouth Fury and the below ones must have been spray painted red because from what I have read the 1958 Plymouth Fury only came in the colour what they called Buckskin Beige with a gold aluminum trim around the auto.

The 1958 Plymouth Fury the 2 door version:

1601490067463.png

The 1958 Plymouth Fury the 4 door version:

1601490122287.png

If you are looking for a 54, this might be a better deal than the other one. About 1000 more but original.
1601490515941.png

Forum List

Back