14 Fast Food Items That You Should Never Order, According To Their Employees

None of it. Fast food can only barely be defined as food. It should be defined as stuff one can eat that only nominally nourishes but moreso just becomes diahrrea.

• Banned
I do fast food maybe twice a year - but some of that isn't fast food. The slurpies, for instance. Worrisome. Must tell daughter not to get for kids.

:lol:

I was a cook at KFC, don't get the original chicken.

we melted beef tallow into a pressure cooker and submerged the chicken that way.

yea, the finger licking grease running down your arm is beef tallow and lots of it.

oh, and an extra bit of joy

KFC has a contract with Mabeline for the chicken fat we pull out of it ass. And they pick up the fat twice a year, so it sits in a garbage can, in the fridge for 6 months before going out.

we melted beef tallow into a pressure cooker and submerged the chicken that way.

yea, the finger licking grease running down your arm is beef tallow and lots of it.

What are you talking about?? Beef in my chicken is a SELLING point.

What are you talking about?? Beef in my chicken is a SELLING point.

:lmao: You goob. :)

I enter a fast food restaurant with no illusions about the healthfulness of what they are serving me. When I get my dirty water dog, I'm HOPING he hasn't changed out the water in a few days, that's how they keep the flavor in

Anyone who has ever worked at ANY fast food restaurant - and still eats at ANY other one?? - The definition of nuts.
I worked at three different ones while I went to school years ago, both of my children worked at them when they were in high school...it hasn't changed.
Two things...
1) The food is cooked and handled by teenagers -- need I say more?
2) You should ask yourself...how the hell does two pieces of bread, a meat patty, lettuce, pickles, onions, ketchup/mustard - wrapped in a full color wrapper, in a full color paper bag - with a napkin...handed to you by a paid employee, in a leased building in a prime location...where all items were driven there by a truck that uses fuel...picked up at various production facilities that had to harvest/feed the livestock/plant.....cost $0.99????????????

This should be enough reason to stay - way - way - way clear of these places.

There is a Taco John's place in my area, but I've probably only been to it once. Seeing the place make that list makes me wonder where else in this country that you can find the place.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. I have never been big on Mexican food.

I think better advice is not so specific.
Here is what I would say:

1) Avoid going to a FF restaurant between standard meal times. Like 2 pm for instance. Your going to get some leftover lunch food that has sat for several hours.
2) Avoid unpopular choices. Stick with the best sellers. Foods not chosen often typically have been frozen for a looong time. Months. Also this pisses off those teen kids who love to "punish" customers for ordering something that requires them to do something extra. They only have one way to get back at you. Your food.
3) Stay as far away from FF restaurants in bad neighborhoods as you possibly can. These are the very worst of the worst. High turnover, desperate managers who are usually lousy and uncaring themselves. You have seen them.
4) By all means avoid going 30 minutes before closing time. By that time all of the equipment has been cleaned - even the heat lamp areas. Typically the night staff/night kid manager will pile items all under one heat lamp...that are all old. Worse yet if you order something they have to make - God help you...oh the things teen cooks do to those bastards that come right before closing time.
5) Dirty tables/dining area - even dirtier kitchen.
6) Observe a night manager joking around with the staff - run. He likely joins in on the funny tricks to play on customers food.

In general - you get what you pay for. Cheap food = cheap ingredients, low wage staff = uncaring food handlers.

14 Fast Food Items That You Should Never Order, According To Their Employees. - 9GAG

Most are logical, still; it packs a bit of a punch to be hearing the specifics.

:eek:

None of these in particular scare or concern me.

Although I am a fan of dirty water hot dogs, White Castle, and 7-11 Tuna sandwiches so I guess my palate and my digestive tract are suited for things that make other people cringe.
I know what you mean. So long as it tastes good, I'll order it.

There is a Taco John's place in my area, but I've probably only been to it once. Seeing the place make that list makes me wonder where else in this country that you can find the place.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. I have never been big on Mexican food.

Taco Johns serves tater tots

Not a whole lot of mexican in that
I've had the Potato Olés with the burrito combo while at Taco Johns, they are quite good. They are similar to tater tots, but flatter. For tater tots, I usually go to Sonic.

I think you basically have to watch if the employees are washing their hands, see if the floor is clean and if they wash their hands between using the mop and cooking if their kitchen is visible. If they are using sanitizer instead of washing their hands, it means that grime is staying on their hands even if there is no bacteria.

What constitutes "washing"? I went to one restaurant that doesn't use a dishwasher. They take a cup, put it in one sink, they dunk it, rinse it in another sink and it comes up. There is no scrubbing or hot water because I think the water sits there a while. Somehow this is all legal and it shouldn't be.

Forum List

Back