14 Fast Food Items That You Should Never Order, According To Their Employees

I think you basically have to watch if the employees are washing their hands, see if the floor is clean and if they wash their hands between using the mop and cooking if their kitchen is visible. If they are using sanitizer instead of washing their hands, it means that grime is staying on their hands even if there is no bacteria.

What constitutes "washing"? I went to one restaurant that doesn't use a dishwasher. They take a cup, put it in one sink, they dunk it, rinse it in another sink and it comes up. There is no scrubbing or hot water because I think the water sits there a while. Somehow this is all legal and it shouldn't be.
One time I was at a sandwich place waiting in line, and noticed that they were cleaning the glass above the cold cuts. Problem is they did not cover up the cold cuts beforehand. They were spraying cleaning solvent upwards onto the glass and then wiping it dry. I'm sure some of that stuff was dripping down onto the cold cuts and the other condiments.

Needless to say I left without placing my order.

I think you basically have to watch if the employees are washing their hands, see if the floor is clean and if they wash their hands between using the mop and cooking if their kitchen is visible. If they are using sanitizer instead of washing their hands, it means that grime is staying on their hands even if there is no bacteria.

What constitutes "washing"? I went to one restaurant that doesn't use a dishwasher. They take a cup, put it in one sink, they dunk it, rinse it in another sink and it comes up. There is no scrubbing or hot water because I think the water sits there a while. Somehow this is all legal and it shouldn't be.
One time I was at a sandwich place waiting in line, and noticed that they were cleaning the glass above the cold cuts. Problem is they did not cover up the cold cuts beforehand. They were spraying cleaning solvent upwards onto the glass and then wiping it dry. I'm sure some of that stuff was dripping down onto the cold cuts and the other condiments.

Oh, that's disgusting!!

Oh, that's disgusting!!
Who would have thunk one can get sick by simply going out for a sandwich?

Oh, that's disgusting!!
Who would have thunk one can get sick by simply going out for a sandwich?

Violently ill, for that matter.

Oh, that's disgusting!!

Well, at least you could see the problem as it happened and make an informed decision. I worked at McDonald's many years ago as a teen, and most of the prep/cook work went on out of sight of the customers. And the manager was usually up front with the cashiers. This meant that there was a world of crazy shit going on that only those of us cooking the food knew about. Let's just say "the Floor" should've been listed as a condiment on our menu--along with plenty of other unofficial ingredients.

:badgrin:

Been eating fast food all my life and lots of it. I remember way back in the 60s when I was a kid we used to travel a long ways just to go to A&W root beer. I used to be proud of the fact that I was like 8 years old and would eat the Papa Burger. I remember when the first Taco Bell came to town. I'll bet I've eaten several thousand tacos in my life. Not even talking about McDonalds or Burger King. Pizza Hut, Crystal, White Castle, Wendy's, Popeyes, Church's, Hardee's, 5 Guys, KFC, Taco Tico, and on and on.

58 years old, perfect health, on NO medications, mildly overweight, normal blood pressure.

Do I worry about things that FF employees can do to my food? No, but I always try to be nice to them when I'm there.

Been eating fast food all my life and lots of it. I remember way back in the 60s when I was a kid we used to travel a long ways just to go to A&W root beer. I used to be proud of the fact that I was like 8 years old and would eat the Papa Burger. I remember when the first Taco Bell came to town. I'll bet I've eaten several thousand tacos in my life. Not even talking about McDonalds or Burger King. Pizza Hut, Crystal, White Castle, Wendy's, Popeyes, Church's, Hardee's, 5 Guys, KFC, Taco Tico, and on and on.

58 years old, perfect health, on NO medications, mildly overweight, normal blood pressure.

Do I worry about things that FF employees can do to my food? No, but I always try to be nice to them when I'm there.
I know what you mean.

I've also been eating fast food since I was a child. I am in my 40's, perfect health, a little under weight, low blood pressure, and low cholesterol, and I have fast food almost everyday for lunch, and sometimes after supper at the drive-thru.

Back in my dad's generation (back in the 1950's), teenagers would have fast food everyday for lunch, and after school at the soda shop. Folks back then were for the most part healthy.

As for FF employees messing around with the food, if you are polite to them, and especially if you are a regular, you have nothing to worry about.

I know what you mean.

I've also been eating fast food since I was a child. I am in my 40's, perfect health, a little under weight, low blood pressure, and low cholesterol, and I have fast food almost everyday for lunch, and sometimes after supper at the drive-thru.

Back in my dad's generation (back in the 1950's), teenagers would have fast food everyday for lunch, and after school at the soda shop. Folks back then were for the most part healthy.

As for FF employees messing around with the food, if you are polite to them, and especially if you are a regular, you have nothing to worry about.
Back then meal sizes were smaller (before the era of supersize meals), the food was less processed, and people were off their butts more before the internet, video games, and cable tv.

What happens when you sit around and eat junk? What happens when govco encourages heavy calorie based fillers (corn) and subsidizes fatty foods (milk, chicken). Govco had the food pyramid upside down for decades... what a bunch of retards.

I don't eat any of that stuff anyway, with the exception of the occasional stadium hot dog at a baseball or football game and considering what hot dogs are made of anyway, the dirty water isn't really all that bad.

Screw that list, I am having my wendys chili and hot sauce in the winter months, dammit.

BTW, I had my sister read this list, she was a District Manager for Hardees for years. She said if there are sanitation issues with the food it is the store Managers fault. There are strict regulation on what can be served, how it is served and how long it can warmed before it has to be thrown out.

Latest from Toxic Hell;

Real Photos Of Taco Bell's New Breakfast Items Are ... Different Than The Ads

The A.M. Crunchwrap is the best item we tried, because it's something new (unlike the Waffle Taco - see below). It's got everything you want for breakfast in one perfect little handheld package: Bacon, eggs, cheese, and hash browns. It's crispy and all of the flavors stand out. Heck, even the eggs have a bit of flavor on their own. But as you can see, it's a bit richer, saltier and greasier than the press photo would have you believe. Also, leave the new Salsa del Sol Picante Sauce on the table, and stick with regular Taco Bell hot sauce.

oh, and an extra bit of joy

KFC has a contract with Mabeline for the chicken fat we pull out of it ass. And they pick up the fat twice a year, so it sits in a garbage can, in the fridge for 6 months before going out.

I am very thankful I don't use Mabeline!

#5 is true. ALWAYS demand fresh nuggets. If we had to waste food every time the timer went off, we'd be wasting hundreds of dollars of food every day. They sit in the warmer for ages and go all dry and chewy.

#12 might be true for American stores, but not for ours. Our McCafe equipment is cleaned frequently during the day, and serviced on a regular basis.

Anyone who has ever worked at ANY fast food restaurant - and still eats at ANY other one?? - The definition of nuts.
I worked at three different ones while I went to school years ago, both of my children worked at them when they were in high school...it hasn't changed.
Two things...
1) The food is cooked and handled by teenagers -- need I say more?
2) You should ask yourself...how the hell does two pieces of bread, a meat patty, lettuce, pickles, onions, ketchup/mustard - wrapped in a full color wrapper, in a full color paper bag - with a napkin...handed to you by a paid employee, in a leased building in a prime location...where all items were driven there by a truck that uses fuel...picked up at various production facilities that had to harvest/feed the livestock/plant.....cost $0.99????????????

This should be enough reason to stay - way - way - way clear of these places.

Best fast food health wise is pizza, and most operations are quite sanitary.

Urgh...not pleasant to read. However I try and stay away from fast food places as much as I can. Sad about popcorn at the cinema though, what do we do now, bring our own?

I don't eat any of those, on the rare occasion I eat at a ff place on the road I usually just get a burger with no mayo. Fries a few times a year. I always feel like shit afterwards, maybe people develope a tolerance to it.

The ff industry has royally screwed up the quality of meats in this country. If you want to sell to the big boys you have to play by their rules.

Forum List

Back