13 States Sue Biden Over Stimulus Rule

What’s the rule? I hope it’s that in order to get money you can’t disenfranchis black voters and you have to have an adequate number of abortion clinics in your state.

The rule is they can't use the money to give tax cuts to their rich buddies.

I really wish you'd educate yourself.

I'm constantly educating myself. Education isn't a goal, it's a process.

the demofks are the rich buddies of the demofks. Then you should know that. why don't you?

Partisan bullshit.

facts. who do you think funds BLM and Antifa? Young Turks? Who is George Soro's buddies? Who were Epstein's? come on little man, grow up and educate yourself.

Ah! I see the problem here! Those ^ aren't facts, they're questions. Why don't you answer them with some facts for us?

You guys cherry pick from the constitution

Court: First Amendment protects profanity against police

from Republicans— that would criminalize one of the most fundamental rights in American democracy, to dissent against the government.

The bill that the Kentucky Senate passed last week makes it a misdemeanor to taunt a police officer, with words or gestures, "that would have a direct tendency to provoke a violent response from the perspective of a reasonable and prudent person." In the past, state jurists and the U.S. Supreme Court have cited the 1st Amendment in finding that it's not a crime to say rude things or even curse at a police officer, but now the Bluegrass State is saying that if you flip the bird at a cop and he tries to bash in your skull, the whole thing was your fault.

the Kentucky scheme is just the most extreme example of a flurry of bills meant to criminalize your right to air your grievances against the government.

A bill in Oklahoma, for example, would protect drivers who plowed their car into a crowd of protesters and make it illegal to post information about law-enforcement officers online which, as critics noted, might criminalize videos like the ones that showed the world what happened to George Floyd.

lawmakers are using false narratives about protests, which have been overwhelmingly peaceful, to pass laws they hope will make many folks including ones who seek to protest police violence, white supremacy or climate change to simply stay home. Just like many of these same Republican legislators want to use the Big Lie about 2020 election fraud that never happened to pass laws in the hopes that many voters will also stay home. Citizens in the affected states need to get out and fight these anti-democratic measures—while they still can.

Not sure why you think an opinion piece from a far left nutbag site has anything to do with this bill being unconstitutional.

I'm just pointing out that in Kentucky Republicans don't seem to realize the laws they are passing are unconstitutional. Or they don't care. But here now you are crying because Biden won't give you federal stimulus unless you use it for it's intended purpose. You claim that is somehow unconstitutional. So why should we care? If Kentucky Republicans don't mind passing unconstitutional laws, why should Biden?

And I don't see how what Biden is doing is unconstitutional. I do see Kentucky Republicans are directly assaulting the 1st amendment. What amendment is Biden assaulting?

What’s the rule? I hope it’s that in order to get money you can’t disenfranchis black voters and you have to have an adequate number of abortion clinics in your state.

The Biden Rule prohibits states from using the money to stimulate the Private Sector with tax cuts.

The states must expand governmental spending and squash private business. The Biden Rule is "Waste it or lose it" for this free cash.

Nope. You aren't going to take liberal government stimulus money and give it to corporations. Either you rebuild your infrastructure with the money or don't take the money.

In 4 years you're going to be judging IF the stimulus worked. If we give it to red states and they burn the money you'll blame Biden. Fuck that.

If the covid relief bill is for infrastructure, then why are they trying to pass another, separate, infrastructure bill that has less to do with infrastructure than the covid bill had to do with covid? I guess the better question is when are you commies going to stop lying about what you plan to do with the money?

you do like killing the babies huh? ain't you proud, sick, mther fker.

How many conservatives did Trump put on the Supreme Court? I think there are more than enough conservatives to overturn Roe V Wade. Why don't they? They must like killing babies.

For god sakes Trump got 3 picks. What more do you need to see abortion is a necessary evil that no one is seriously considering outlawing. We're already too overpopulated and imagine if all those evil murdering women had the babies? Do you want murderers having babies?

View attachment 475403

No one loves murdering babies. What we love is freedom.

what's that got to do with rich people?

I really wish you'd educate yourself.

I'm constantly educating myself. Education isn't a goal, it's a process.

the demofks are the rich buddies of the demofks. Then you should know that. why don't you?

Partisan bullshit.

facts. who do you think funds BLM and Antifa? Young Turks? Who is George Soro's buddies? Who were Epstein's? come on little man, grow up and educate yourself.

Ah! I see the problem here! Those ^ aren't facts, they're questions. Why don't you answer them with some facts for us?

my facts were in the previous post. You should answer the new questions that seem to confuse you?

I think the rule is if you intentionally screwed up your state's economy with Draconian COVID restrictions like a good commie.....you would be rewarded......but of course the wording in the documents won't show that (This way Wokish snowflakes can claim it's not happening). Also....there's a provision that bans lowering taxes to stimulate the economy......essentially a bribe to not do what is best for your state.

The Biden Rule prohibits states from using the money to stimulate the Private Sector with tax cuts.

The states must expand governmental spending and squash private business. The Biden Rule is "Waste it or lose it" for this free cash.

Nope. You aren't going to take liberal government stimulus money and give it to corporations. Either you rebuild your infrastructure with the money or don't take the money.

In 4 years you're going to be judging IF the stimulus worked. If we give it to red states and they burn the money you'll blame Biden. Fuck that.

If the covid relief bill is for infrastructure, then why are they trying to pass another, separate, infrastructure bill that has less to do with infrastructure than the covid bill had to do with covid? I guess the better question is when are you commies going to stop lying about what you plan to do with the money?

I can't answer your questions. I don't know enough about all this. This is a made up fight the Republicans have created. They found something that in their opinion is unconstitutional. I expect with all the new conservatives on the Supreme Court this is going to be a tactic Republicans use against Democrats who control the house senate and white house. They will say everything they do is unconstitutional and hope Kavanaugh agrees if it makes it to the Supreme Court.

What do we plan to do with the money? Give it to poor people? Guess what? That money will get spent at your business'. Stop crying.

What are we going to do build infrastructure?

I'm sure there will be some pork in the bill. You Republicans love pork too. You're not in charge so you want to go back to being fiscally conservative we know. STFU>

I think the rule is if you intentionally screwed up your state's economy with Draconian COVID restrictions like a good commie.....you would be rewarded......but of course the wording in the documents won't show that (This way Wokish snowflakes can claim it's not happening). Also....there's a provision that bans lowering taxes to stimulate the economy......essentially a bribe to not do what is best for your state.

I agree with Biden doing this. Not Draconian Covid restrictions. If you took away the mask mandate, fuck you. You don't care about the rest of us? Then you don't get the money. I love it.

And no you are not going to give the money to corporations. Not on our watch. Sorry, we're in charge.

And when the second half of this year is good economically and next year is booming economically because of backed up demand, what will you say? Fact is Biden's doing a heck of a job.

More commie lies, the rule is if revenue is reduced for any reason the government could take the money back.

you do like killing the babies huh? ain't you proud, sick, mther fker.

How many conservatives did Trump put on the Supreme Court? I think there are more than enough conservatives to overturn Roe V Wade. Why don't they? They must like killing babies.

For god sakes Trump got 3 picks. What more do you need to see abortion is a necessary evil that no one is seriously considering outlawing. We're already too overpopulated and imagine if all those evil murdering women had the babies? Do you want murderers having babies?

View attachment 475403

No one loves murdering babies. What we love is freedom.

what's that got to do with rich people?

You said I love killing babies. What I love is freedom and choice. We don't like Red states who took away women's freedoms. And now you red states are passing voting laws designed to make it harder for blacks to vote. And you are attacking our 1st amendment rights in Kentucky. They passed a law making it illegal to curse at police and make it illegal to protest.

More commie lies, the rule is if revenue is reduced for any reason the government could take the money back.

If you want to suck off the federal tit you have to follow the rules.

from Republicans— that would criminalize one of the most fundamental rights in American democracy, to dissent against the government.

The bill that the Kentucky Senate passed last week makes it a misdemeanor to taunt a police officer, with words or gestures, "that would have a direct tendency to provoke a violent response from the perspective of a reasonable and prudent person." In the past, state jurists and the U.S. Supreme Court have cited the 1st Amendment in finding that it's not a crime to say rude things or even curse at a police officer, but now the Bluegrass State is saying that if you flip the bird at a cop and he tries to bash in your skull, the whole thing was your fault.

the Kentucky scheme is just the most extreme example of a flurry of bills meant to criminalize your right to air your grievances against the government.

A bill in Oklahoma, for example, would protect drivers who plowed their car into a crowd of protesters and make it illegal to post information about law-enforcement officers online which, as critics noted, might criminalize videos like the ones that showed the world what happened to George Floyd.

lawmakers are using false narratives about protests, which have been overwhelmingly peaceful, to pass laws they hope will make many folks including ones who seek to protest police violence, white supremacy or climate change to simply stay home. Just like many of these same Republican legislators want to use the Big Lie about 2020 election fraud that never happened to pass laws in the hopes that many voters will also stay home. Citizens in the affected states need to get out and fight these anti-democratic measures—while they still can.

Not sure why you think an opinion piece from a far left nutbag site has anything to do with this bill being unconstitutional.

I'm just pointing out that in Kentucky Republicans don't seem to realize the laws they are passing are unconstitutional. Or they don't care. But here now you are crying because Biden won't give you federal stimulus unless you use it for it's intended purpose. You claim that is somehow unconstitutional. So why should we care? If Kentucky Republicans don't mind passing unconstitutional laws, why should Biden?

And I don't see how what Biden is doing is unconstitutional. I do see Kentucky Republicans are directly assaulting the 1st amendment. What amendment is Biden assaulting?

Kentucky has nothing to do with this, Dummy. If they pass a law someone thinks is unconstitutional take them to court, as all these states are doing to Veggie Joe and his unconstitutional bullshit.

One of the plaintiffs, who has a landscaping business and a cottage, complained that he can’t even use his time off to take his son fishing on Lake Charlevoix because motorboats have been banned under the order.

The plaintiffs are Kimberly Beemer, a Saginaw attorney, Paul Cavanaugh, who has a Livingston County landscaping business, and Muise, an Ann Arbor attorney and one of the American Freedom Center lawyers who filed the complaint.

Fucking lawyers.

Both Beemer and Cavanaugh have cottages in Charlevoix they now cannot use because of travel provisions in the executive order, they said.

WAAAHHH

And how is that unconstitutional?

States rights. The Feds don't have the power to dictate State tax policy.

Kentucky has nothing to do with this, Dummy. If they pass a law someone thinks is unconstitutional take them to court, as all these states are doing to Veggie Joe and his unconstitutional bullshit.

Bring on the lawsuits. I know what you are hoping. The recently stacked Supreme Court will agree with you.

Unless you are using federal money.

They aren't.

They're playing their favorite game: "we'll do as we damn well please, so sue us if you don't like it".

^^^ nailed it 100%. Dems routinely ignore the law and Constitution, even laws they wrote. Their strategy is sue us, it will take 10 years to crawl through the courts.

Dems are playing by a whole different set of rules. Lie, cheat, election fraud, ignore the law, ignore the Constitution GOP this is your opponent you need to wake the hell up.

You throw that phrase around all the time but I've yet to see any evidence that you've actually read the Constitution.

I'd also like to know how he's interpreting the constitution. What Rand Paul thinks is unconstitutional Trump might not think is unconstitutional. And I'm sure Bush and Trump don't completely agree on what is and isn't unconstitutional. And then we have Republicans in Kentucky and Georgia passing unconstitutional voting laws, laws that attack our 1st amendment rights.

Republicans seem to cherry pick from the constitution and if it suits them they don't mind passing unconstitutional laws. States rights they say.

Forum List

Back