10 Ways Healthcare Reform will affect you

i cant wait.....im going to soak this for everything i can get.....why not, the Illegals that live around me do it....and will do it even more with this bill.....so hey if im paying in.....I WANT MY CUT.....and it had better be as good or better then what i have now....

Nothing changed in this bill regarding treatment for illegals. If you want to scam the system go for it

:lol:.....you go ahead and believe that Rw.....i live around these guys.....the guy across the street is an Illegal.....does not work steady....had a Hernia.....had the Operation to get it repaired.....he did not pay for it.....he doesnt have Ins.....who paid for it?.....my Nieces boyfriend is Mexican and speaks Spanish and talks to the guy....and he told me the guy would not tell him how he got it done.....and gave him the old..i cant tell you,i would then have to kill you routine.....

The fact is Obama has and is telling an outright lie to the American public with respect to many many aspects of this healthcare law. Illegal aliens are in fact entitled to healthcare under this law...to deny them treatment for any health problem they had is and would be unconstitutional....they are here in America...illegal or legal immigrant...therefore entitled to many of the same rights as an American citizen and are subject to the same LAWS as Americans. It's sad but the La Raza fuckwits and the libtards are right.

Joe Wilson (R-SC) was right. Obama...."YOU LIE!!!!!"

Last edited:
1. Your Kids are Covered

Starting this year, if you have an adult child who cannot get health insurance from his or her employer and is to some degree dependent on you financially, your child can stay on your insurance policy until he or she is 26 years old. Currently, many insurance companies do not allow adult children to remain on their parents' plan once they reach 19 or leave school.

Add another 5000 dollars to your premiums for this

I'm paying for my 22-26 year old health insurance right now. Adding them to my policy just makes sense. Very few companies are offering health insurance to kids coming out of college right now.....why would they?
Kids this age are offered temp employment, non-full time, self contractor jobs....anything to avoid paying health insurance.

This is a great deal

So the kids won't be contributing to the HC pool but will get the benefits....why? I thought the left was all about
"fairness"

i cant wait.....im going to soak this for everything i can get.....why not, the Illegals that live around me do it....and will do it even more with this bill.....so hey if im paying in.....I WANT MY CUT.....and it had better be as good or better then what i have now....

Sorry pal...Obama's going to soak your ass for the next 3 years before you get a single benefit from this....:lol:....but the libtards think that's GREAT!!!!!

Wrong again, my friend. Here is what happens THIS YEAR

1. Your Kids are Covered

Starting this year, if you have an adult child who cannot get health insurance from his or her employer and is to some degree dependent on you financially, your child can stay on your insurance policy until he or she is 26 years old. Currently, many insurance companies do not allow adult children to remain on their parents' plan once they reach 19 or leave school.

2. You Can't be Dropped

Starting this fall, your health insurance company will no longer be allowed to "drop" you (cancel your policy) if you get sick. In 2009, "rescission" was revealed to be a relatively common cost-cutting practice by several insurance companies. The practice proved to be common enough to spur several lawsuits; for example, in 2008 and 2009, California's largest insurers were made to pay out more than $19 million in fines for dropping policyholders who fell ill.

3. You Can't be Denied Insurance

Starting this year your child (or children) cannot be denied coverage simply because they have a pre-existing health condition. Health insurance companies will also be barred from denying adults applying for coverage if they have a pre-existing condition, but not until 2014.

4. You Can Spend What You Need to

Prior to the new law, health insurance companies set a maximum limit on the monetary amount of benefits that a policyholder could receive. This meant that those who developed expensive or long-lasting medical conditions could run out of coverage. Starting this year, companies will be barred from instituting caps on coverage.

5. You Don't Have to Wait

If you currently have pre-existing conditions that have prevented you from being able to qualify for health insurance for at least six months you will have coverage options before 2014. Starting this fall, you will be able to purchase insurance through a state-run "high-risk pool", which will cap your personal out-of-pocket expenses for healthcare. You will not be required to pay more than $5,950 of your own money for medical expenses; families will not have to pay any more than $11,900.

10. Medicare May Cover More or Less of Your Expenses

Starting this year, if Medicare is your primary form of health insurance you will no longer have to pay for preventive care such as an annual physical, screenings for treatable conditions or routine laboratory work. In addition, you will get a $250 check from the federal government to help pay for prescription drugs currently not covered as a result of the Medicare Part D "doughnut hole".

However, if you are a high-income individual or couple (making more than $85,000 individually or $170,000 jointly), your prescription drug subsidy will be reduced. In addition, if you are one of the more than 10 million people currently enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan you may be facing higher premiums because your insurance company's subsidy from the federal government is going to be dramatically reduced

Yeah and we can all believe this because Obama Says so.

Btw, that's what was promised for England and Canada.

See how well it works out. :cuckoo: :eusa_hand:

And the taxes don't go up a penny right???? Your fees won't go up, the cost of insurance won't go up, and lollipops, from now on will be FREE!!!!

:cuckoo:

Nothing changed in this bill regarding treatment for illegals. If you want to scam the system go for it

:lol:.....you go ahead and believe that Rw.....i live around these guys.....the guy across the street is an Illegal.....does not work steady....had a Hernia.....had the Operation to get it repaired.....he did not pay for it.....he doesnt have Ins.....who paid for it?.....my Nieces boyfriend is Mexican and speaks Spanish and talks to the guy....and he told me the guy would not tell him how he got it done.....and gave him the old..i cant tell you,i would then have to kill you routine.....

The fact is Obama has and is telling an outright lie to the American public with respect to many many aspects of this healthcare law. Illegal aliens are in fact entitled to healthcare under this law...to deny them treatment for any health problem they had is and would be unconstitutional....they are here in America...illegal or legal immigrant...therefore entitled to many of the same rights as an American citizen and are subject to the same LAWS as Americans. It's sad but the La Raza fuckwits and the libtards are right.

Joe Wilson (R-SC) was right. Obama...."YOU LIE!!!!!"

They have the same rights they had under George Bush......Both of them

1. Your Kids are Covered

2. You Can't be Dropped

Starting this fall, your health insurance company will no longer be allowed to "drop" you (cancel your policy) if you get sick. In 2009, "rescission" was revealed to be a relatively common cost-cutting practice by several insurance companies. The practice proved to be common enough to spur several lawsuits; for example, in 2008 and 2009, California's largest insurers were made to pay out more than $19 million in fines for dropping policyholders who fell ill.

Starting this year your child (or children) cannot be denied coverage simply because they have a pre-existing health condition. Health insurance companies will also be barred from denying adults applying for coverage if they have a pre-existing condition, but not until 2014.

Prior to the new law, health insurance companies set a maximum limit on the monetary amount of benefits that a policyholder could receive. This meant that those who developed expensive or long-lasting medical conditions could run out of coverage. Starting this year, companies will be barred from instituting caps on coverage.

If you currently have pre-existing conditions that have prevented you from being able to qualify for health insurance for at least six months you will have coverage options before 2014. Starting this fall, you will be able to purchase insurance through a state-run "high-risk pool", which will cap your personal out-of-pocket expenses for healthcare. You will not be required to pay more than $5,950 of your own money for medical expenses; families will not have to pay any more than $11,900.

6. You Must be Insured

Under the new law starting in 2014, you will have to purchase health insurance or risk being fined. If your employer does not offer health insurance as a benefit or if you do not earn enough money to purchase a plan, you may get assistance from the government. The fines for not purchasing insurance will be levied according to a sliding scale based on income. Starting in 2014, the lowest fine would be $95 or 1% of a person's income (whichever is greater) and then increase to a high of $695 or 2.5% of an individual's taxable income by 2016. There will be a maximum cap on fines.

7. You'll Have More Options

Starting in 2014 (when you will be required by law to have health insurance), states will operate new insurance marketplaces - called "exchanges" - that will provide you with more options for buying an individual policy if you can't get, or afford, insurance from your workplace and you earn too much income to qualify for Medicaid. In addition, millions of low- and middle-income families (earning up to $88,200 annually) will be able to qualify for financial assistance from the federal government to purchase insurance through their state exchange.

8. Flexible Spending Accounts Will Become Less Flexible

Three years from now, flexible spending accounts (FSAs) will have lower contribution limits - meaning you won't be able to have as much money deducted from your paycheck pre-tax and deposited into an FSA for medical expenses as is currently allowed. The new maximum amount allowed will be $2,500. In addition, fewer expenses will qualify for FSA spending. For example, you will no longer be able to use your FSA to help defray the cost of over-the-counter drugs.

9. If You Earn More, You'll Pay More

Starting in 2018, if your combined family income exceeds $250,000 you are going to be taking less money home each pay period. That's because you will have more money deducted from your paycheck to go toward increased Medicare payroll taxes. In addition to higher payroll taxes you will also have to pay 3.8% tax on any unearned income, which is currently tax-exempt.

Starting this year, if Medicare is your primary form of health insurance you will no longer have to pay for preventive care such as an annual physical, screenings for treatable conditions or routine laboratory work. In addition, you will get a $250 check from the federal government to help pay for prescription drugs currently not covered as a result of the Medicare Part D "doughnut hole".

However, if you are a high-income individual or couple (making more than $85,000 individually or $170,000 jointly), your prescription drug subsidy will be reduced. In addition, if you are one of the more than 10 million people currently enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan you may be facing higher premiums because your insurance company's subsidy from the federal government is going to be dramatically reduced

10-ways-the-new-healthcare-bill-may-affect-you: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance
You can't pay for it.

Sorry pal...Obama's going to soak your ass for the next 3 years before you get a single benefit from this....:lol:....but the libtards think that's GREAT!!!!!

1. Your Kids are Covered

2. You Can't be Dropped

And the taxes don't go up a penny right???? Your fees won't go up, the cost of insurance won't go up, and lollipops, from now on will be FREE!!!!

We can believe it because ITS THE LAW

and best of all if you're a democwat you can sit on the porch and let somebody pay your way..

you moronicons keep spouting the same lies....

I have no doubt you truly believe them.

contrary to your beliefs....MOST DEMOCRATS actually do work

this idiocy of conservatives to claim that only conservatives work while democrats just sit around onthe dole is .....nuts....

look
bozo

MOSTdemocrats DO WORK
MOST democrats and liberals DO BELIEVE IN god
MOST democrats and liberals DO LOVE America

and every time you claim otherwise you merely prove what a moron you are

and best of all if you're a democwat you can sit on the porch and let somebody pay your way..

this idiocy of conservatives to claim that only conservatives work while democrats just sit around onthe dole is .....nuts....

look
bozo

MOSTdemocrats DO WORK

:smoke:

look
bozo

MOSTdemocrats DO WORK

:smoke:

Case taken

You forgot:

- Your wages may be cut or you may see very little or no income growth.

- Your employer will most likely drop your current insurance and force you into ObamaCare.

- You may lose your job as your company cuts expenses to cover for the additional tax burden of ObamaCare.
- Big insurance companies may well cease writing medical policies, as they either can't make money or will lose the media PR war when the premiums naturally skyrocket.

- WE may end up with fewer doctors and nurses, as reimbursements fail to cover costs.

- The above are by design, as the bill was meant to bring about a single-payer, single-provider, centrally controlled socialized medical services system.

look
bozo

MOSTdemocrats DO WORK

ok Rik....then i will expect to see you get on Rdean when he lumps ALL Republicans together when he says the nonsense he posts....

1. Your Kids are Covered

2. You Can't be Dropped

Oh riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

And you can show us all that from the law??? Or maybe is that why they keep having to go back and fix this wonderful law, because it has all this great stuff in it??????? :lol:

And we can trust the Obama and the Democrats that they are telling the truth about this law right? After all Obama was telling the truth about the stimulus and jobs.

Oh wait, it didn't create any jobs, we have LOST jobs since then.

BUT, we can trust Obama because he was telling the truth about transparency and posting bills before they are voted on.

Oh wait, darn that wasn't true either, Pelosi told us they were going to have to vote on the bill so we could see what was in it.

Oh but gee we can trust Democrats because Pelosi told us they were going to be the most ethical Congress evah!

Oh wait, that's right, William "cold cash" Jefferson, and Charlie Rangel Tax cheat, and Chriss "special loans" Dodd, and do we need to start talking about Barney Fwank??????

Gee, I guess we can't trust the Democrats. We can't trust their word, so how can we trust, they will enforce ANYTHING in this law, when they don't care what the Constitution says either????

Looks like you strike out "right winger." (Yeah right, you are right winger. If Huff Po, SEIU, Move on, Obama and George Soros are right wingers. (snort) :doubt:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I've got some waterfront property in the Sahara I'd like you to buy . . . .

Oh riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

And you can show us all that from the law??? Or maybe is that why they keep having to go back and fix this wonderful law, because it has all this great stuff in it??????? :lol:

Welcome Samuari.

I couldn't say this at the other place, but I can here: Fuck you.

There, now that I got that off my chest, hope you enjoy your stay here. :D This is a great board.

Come on Republicans...

Run in November on Repealing Healthcare!

The GOP is the party of dirt.

They were once a great party that held up ideas for the problems America faces. They have lost their way as all humans do at times.

The facts are the ONLY way they will find their path back to sanity.

How I wish their leaders were so Intelligent and convincing in their use of fact and ideas that I was compelled to join them.

This day seems very far off at this point.

Come on Republicans...

Run in November on Repealing Healthcare!

The GOP is the party of dirt.

They were once a great party that held up ideas for the problems America faces. They have lost their way as all humans do at times.

How I wish their leaders were so Intelligent and convincing in their use of fact and ideas that I was compelled to join them.

Mhmm. Because the Democrat Party is the Party of the Truth and Great Leaders and never ever lie.. and of course.. they're the best party Evar.

i guess they need more people like yourself.....right?....

Forum List

Back