10 Ways Healthcare Reform will affect you

i cant wait.....im going to soak this for everything i can get.....why not, the Illegals that live around me do it....and will do it even more with this bill.....so hey if im paying in.....I WANT MY CUT.....and it had better be as good or better then what i have now....

Nothing changed in this bill regarding treatment for illegals. If you want to scam the system go for it

I'm all for scamming the system we scammed need to learn to scam.. do we have scam school?? yes we do.. we have scam school..

i cant wait.....im going to soak this for everything i can get.....why not, the Illegals that live around me do it....and will do it even more with this bill.....so hey if im paying in.....I WANT MY CUT.....and it had better be as good or better then what i have now....

Sorry pal...Obama's going to soak your ass for the next 3 years before you get a single benefit from this....:lol:....but the libtards think that's GREAT!!!!!

Wrong again, my friend. Here is what happens THIS YEAR

1. Your Kids are Covered

Starting this year, if you have an adult child who cannot get health insurance from his or her employer and is to some degree dependent on you financially, your child can stay on your insurance policy until he or she is 26 years old. Currently, many insurance companies do not allow adult children to remain on their parents' plan once they reach 19 or leave school.

2. You Can't be Dropped

Starting this fall, your health insurance company will no longer be allowed to "drop" you (cancel your policy) if you get sick. In 2009, "rescission" was revealed to be a relatively common cost-cutting practice by several insurance companies. The practice proved to be common enough to spur several lawsuits; for example, in 2008 and 2009, California's largest insurers were made to pay out more than $19 million in fines for dropping policyholders who fell ill.

3. You Can't be Denied Insurance

Starting this year your child (or children) cannot be denied coverage simply because they have a pre-existing health condition. Health insurance companies will also be barred from denying adults applying for coverage if they have a pre-existing condition, but not until 2014.

4. You Can Spend What You Need to

Prior to the new law, health insurance companies set a maximum limit on the monetary amount of benefits that a policyholder could receive. This meant that those who developed expensive or long-lasting medical conditions could run out of coverage. Starting this year, companies will be barred from instituting caps on coverage.

5. You Don't Have to Wait

If you currently have pre-existing conditions that have prevented you from being able to qualify for health insurance for at least six months you will have coverage options before 2014. Starting this fall, you will be able to purchase insurance through a state-run "high-risk pool", which will cap your personal out-of-pocket expenses for healthcare. You will not be required to pay more than $5,950 of your own money for medical expenses; families will not have to pay any more than $11,900.

10. Medicare May Cover More or Less of Your Expenses

Starting this year, if Medicare is your primary form of health insurance you will no longer have to pay for preventive care such as an annual physical, screenings for treatable conditions or routine laboratory work. In addition, you will get a $250 check from the federal government to help pay for prescription drugs currently not covered as a result of the Medicare Part D "doughnut hole".

However, if you are a high-income individual or couple (making more than $85,000 individually or $170,000 jointly), your prescription drug subsidy will be reduced. In addition, if you are one of the more than 10 million people currently enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan you may be facing higher premiums because your insurance company's subsidy from the federal government is going to be dramatically reduced

Why does it benefit society to infantalize adults by keeping them dependent upon their parent until they mid 20s?

Libtard logic: "Here you go...you get a trophy for coming in 12th place....We still love you even though your a fricken loser....Feel better now?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes....offer a bribe to they can get enough support to fuck us in the a-hole later on.

1. Your Kids are Covered

Starting this year, if you have an adult child who cannot get health insurance from his or her employer and is to some degree dependent on you financially, your child can stay on your insurance policy until he or she is 26 years old. Currently, many insurance companies do not allow adult children to remain on their parents' plan once they reach 19 or leave school.

Add another 5000 dollars to your premiums for this

2. You Can't be Dropped

Starting this fall, your health insurance company will no longer be allowed to "drop" you (cancel your policy) if you get sick. In 2009, "rescission" was revealed to be a relatively common cost-cutting practice by several insurance companies. The practice proved to be common enough to spur several lawsuits; for example, in 2008 and 2009, California's largest insurers were made to pay out more than $19 million in fines for dropping policyholders who fell ill.

You won't be dropped...but your premiums will be raised to levels that you cannot afford causing you to seek other insurers...:lol:

3. You Can't be Denied Insurance

Starting this year your child (or children) cannot be denied coverage simply because they have a pre-existing health condition. Health insurance companies will also be barred from denying adults applying for coverage if they have a pre-existing condition, but not until 2014.

:lol:....perhaps...but can you afford 5000 dollars a month in premiums?

4. You Can Spend What You Need to

Prior to the new law, health insurance companies set a maximum limit on the monetary amount of benefits that a policyholder could receive. This meant that those who developed expensive or long-lasting medical conditions could run out of coverage. Starting this year, companies will be barred from instituting caps on coverage.

You can spend what????? "Gee I only want to spend 100 dollars on my chronic medical condition this year."...BWa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

You've been duped.

5. You Don't Have to Wait

If you currently have pre-existing conditions that have prevented you from being able to qualify for health insurance for at least six months you will have coverage options before 2014. Starting this fall, you will be able to purchase insurance through a state-run "high-risk pool", which will cap your personal out-of-pocket expenses for healthcare. You will not be required to pay more than $5,950 of your own money for medical expenses; families will not have to pay any more than $11,900.

Who pays the rest? US!!!!!!!!!! YOU COMMIE BASTARD!!!!!

10. Medicare May Cover More or Less of Your Expenses

Starting this year, if Medicare is your primary form of health insurance you will no longer have to pay for preventive care such as an annual physical, screenings for treatable conditions or routine laboratory work. In addition, you will get a $250 check from the federal government to help pay for prescription drugs currently not covered as a result of the Medicare Part D "doughnut hole".

However, if you are a high-income individual or couple (making more than $85,000 individually or $170,000 jointly), your prescription drug subsidy will be reduced. In addition, if you are one of the more than 10 million people currently enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan you may be facing higher premiums because your insurance company's subsidy from the federal government is going to be dramatically reduced

Yes...we need to PUNISH those who took the time to properly plan for their retirement years PUNISH I TELL YA.....PUNISH THEM....KEEL HAUL THEM.....TAKE ALL THEIR GODDAM MONEY AND GIVE IT TO RIGHTWINGER!!!!!

1. Your Kids are Covered

I'm paying for my 22-26 year old health insurance right now. Adding them to my policy just makes sense. Very few companies are offering health insurance to kids coming out of college right now.....why would they?
Kids this age are offered temp employment, non-full time, self contractor jobs....anything to avoid paying health insurance.

This is a great deal

1. Your Kids are Covered

I'm paying for my 22-26 year old health insurance right now. Adding them to my policy just makes sense. Very few companies are offering health insurance to kids coming out of college right now.....why would they?
Kids this age are offered temp employment, non-full time, self contractor jobs....anything to avoid paying health insurance.

This is a great deal

Of course...Obama just gave the insurance companies another windfall!!!!

There are a number of problems with the new healthcare law. Republicans tell us this constantly and now want to repeal the law and create a new healthcare law. My question is where have the Republicans been over the last 40 years, when Americans have been begging for healthcare reform? Now that Democrats have finally passed a healthcare bill, all we hear from Republicans is repeal the law. We can do it better. Well, I think they missed their chance.

There are a number of problems with the new healthcare law. Republicans tell us this constantly and now want to repeal the law and create a new healthcare law. My question is where have the Republicans been over the last 40 years, when Americans have been begging for healthcare reform? Now that Democrats have finally passed a healthcare bill, all we hear from Republicans is repeal the law. We can do it better. Well, I think they missed their chance.

Sure there are problems. These problems will be fixed over the next ten years as the bill plays out.

Next up: Public Option

Obama's not giving up his insurance - why should I have to give up mine? Oh, that's right.. He's exempt from his own bullshit. What's good enough for us isn't good enough for him. :eusa_whistle:

Where'd this come from?

Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators or Representatives, and Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States .

Obama's not giving up his insurance - why should I have to give up mine? Oh, that's right.. He's exempt from his own bullshit. What's good enough for us isn't good enough for him. :eusa_whistle:

Where'd this come from?

Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators or Representatives, and Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States .

Who said you are giving up your insurance?

If anything, they can't cancel you now

Where'd this come from?

Just going to completely ignore the second part of my post, huh?

I'm happy with my insurance exactly as it sits today, thank you. And, I have zero urge to pay for yours, or anyone elses. But I'll have to.

Where'd this come from?

Just going to completely ignore the second part of my post, huh?

I'm happy with my insurance exactly as it sits today, thank you. And, I have zero urge to pay for yours, or anyone elses. But I'll have to.

Sucks being you doesn't it?

I have to pay to send other kids to school and my kids are grown. I pay for a Fire Department that will put out fires for other people whether they pay taxes or not, I pay for National Parks that I will never use.

I don't mind paying taxes - what I mind is where my taxes go. I now will have to pay for all this bull****!!!!
Nobody knows how good or bad this new health reform bill is yet - you will have to wait until 2014 to get the truth and that will be too damn late!!! I think what just happened here is that they threw us a BONE!

Why does it benefit society to infantalize adults by keeping them dependent upon their parent until they mid 20s?

An adult child came up with the theory of relativity at 25.

Hooey

In 1997, at the age of 24, Joe Francis founded Mantra Films, Inc.

Building on Francis' discovery that he could film college-age women "going wild," including baring their breasts for the cameras at spring breaks and other locales, Mantra has become a company with over 30 employees and has recorded sales in excess of $10 million per year.

Joe is my Hero.:tongue:

Forum List

Back