10 Habits From The Military That Stay With You Forever

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
navy-uniform-inspection.jpg

Military service can be a life-changing experience. As a thread on Reddit asked:

"What *subtle* habits do you still have, even years after leaving the military?"

This proves that military culture and training sticks with you

This is me -
killing-your-tastebuds.jpg

Read more: 10 Habits From The Military - Business Insider

The ability to drink large amounts of alcohol and still function has definitely been a product of military service that has stayed with me after all these years. :D

Still gotta have my boots right by the bed, with socks stuffed into them to keep out bugs.

Never sitting with your back to the door.
Never going someplace and returning by the same route.
Ketchup on scrambled eggs.

Yeah, guilty as charged. I still wake up at Oh Dark Thirty and start my day with a cup of hot coffee; I use the knife hands; I still put tabasco sause on my food; I still check the gig line before walking out the door; and the f-word is a noun, verb, adjective, pronoun, subverb, adverb and, at times, a dangling participle when it needs to be.

Yeah, guilty as charged. I still wake up at Oh Dark Thirty and start my day with a cup of hot coffee; I use the knife hands; I still put tabasco sause on my food; I still check the gig line before walking out the door; and the f-word is a noun, verb, adjective, pronoun, subverb, adverb and, at times, a dangling participle when it needs to be.[/QUOTE

Mine is oh-four-thirty, shower [long and hot], steaming coffee.

Only difference is the hours spent on the computer.:eusa_whistle:

I wear my Belleville desert tan steel-toed boots every day to work. Light, cool, and far more comfortable than anything made for civilians.

I still wear my Jungle boots.....Not the ones that were issued to me, I've had to go to clothing sales and buy a few pair since retirement....

But i do have my low Quarters...issued in 1971 and I still wear them for formal occasions...

I wear my Belleville desert tan steel-toed boots every day to work. Light, cool, and far more comfortable than anything made for civilians.

I still wear my Jungle boots.....Not the ones that were issued to me, I've had to go to clothing sales and buy a few pair since retirement....

But i do have my low Quarters...issued in 1971 and I still wear them for formal occasions...
Cool. I tried to buy some Bellevilles at Fort Campbell a few weeks ago, but they have to special-order steel toes. Can't buy 'em on-line at AAFES, since I'm no longer active duty. There's other places I can get them, though.

Never sitting with your back to the door.
Never going someplace and returning by the same route.
Ketchup on scrambled eggs.

The first two are also a consequence of living in a major urban area. I never sit with my back to anything but a solid WALL. I never go someplace and return by the same route. I never enter a room without stopping and assessing who else is in that room first. Never leave the house without some kind of weapon readily available on my person. Was I in the military or just a street gang?

Forum List

Back