Zbigniew Brzezinski, National Security Adviser to Jimmy Carter, Dies at 89

I don't really see that as being the case. I see them as acting in their interests to counter a hegemon.

also true-----the USA acts in its interests to counter a hegemon
Russia is clearly not the hegemon.

YOU are, clearly, quite a JOKE
Which immoral country would do such a thing as giving school children books that were designed to radicalize them. The US or Russia?

From U.S., the ABC's of Jihad

pay attention>>>> AID officials said in interviews that they left the Islamic materials intact because they feared Afghan educators would reject books lacking a strong dose of Muslim thought. The agency removed its logo and any mention of the U.S. government from the religious texts, AID spokeswoman Kathryn Stratos said.

see???----the USA did not create the books-----the creators of the books simply USED USA MONEY
Stop being so damn disingenuous. The Aid grant went to the University of Nebraska-Omaha. Why do think they needed to remove any mention of the US government if it wasn't produced by the US government?

It seems to me, Tehon dear------that everyone knows about the USA idiot carter support of
the Pakistani mujihadeen and ----those Pakistanis that morphed into the TALIBAN ----so?
What is your take on that fact. Has anyone DENIED USA support of the afghani/Taliban
struggle against Russia? Or are you just reminding us?
It's a memorial thread. What do you think my intentions are?

I did not know-----so I asked. IT IS a very important issue. I believe that the USA support of the
Mujahadeen CREATED a huge problem for the USA in Afghanistan----ON THE OTHER HAND----
the Russian endeavor was clear AGGRESSIVE imperialism------a problem that even BRILLIANT
ME-----did not appreciate at that time. I am STILL equivocal. On one issue I am not equivocal-----
we should have put a bullet in the head of Osama way back in the 1980s------and a bullet in the
head of Saddam----circa 1970. (ok ---two issues) ------and another one----A bullet in the head of
HAFEZ ASSAD----circa 1970. We need to put some war ships in the red sea and Mediterranean---
near the ports of Yemen and make some kind of DEFENSE agreement with Saudi Arabia so they will
stop their sloppy bombing of Yemen------if possible. Iranian ships approaching Yemen should be
TORPEDOED
Understanding what the US did in Afghanistan is very instructive watching current events play out. Manchester bombing included. I don't think there is a strong enough word for what I feel about it.

try Tehon I agree with your statement that the US actions in Afghanistan in support of the
Mujihadeen WAS VERY important relative to the dilemmas of today--------and would appreciate
your thoughts on the matter
To start with the Russians were goaded into Afghanistan. The US began supporting Islamic extremists before the invasion. This prompted the Russians to respond.

It's a good thing that the Soviet Union collapsed, don't you agree?

I did not know-----so I asked. IT IS a very important issue. I believe that the USA support of the
Mujahadeen CREATED a huge problem for the USA in Afghanistan----ON THE OTHER HAND----
the Russian endeavor was clear AGGRESSIVE imperialism------a problem that even BRILLIANT
ME-----did not appreciate at that time. I am STILL equivocal. On one issue I am not equivocal-----
we should have put a bullet in the head of Osama way back in the 1980s------and a bullet in the
head of Saddam----circa 1970. (ok ---two issues) ------and another one----A bullet in the head of
HAFEZ ASSAD----circa 1970. We need to put some war ships in the red sea and Mediterranean---
near the ports of Yemen and make some kind of DEFENSE agreement with Saudi Arabia so they will
stop their sloppy bombing of Yemen------if possible. Iranian ships approaching Yemen should be
TORPEDOED
Understanding what the US did in Afghanistan is very instructive watching current events play out. Manchester bombing included. I don't think there is a strong enough word for what I feel about it.

try Tehon I agree with your statement that the US actions in Afghanistan in support of the
Mujihadeen WAS VERY important relative to the dilemmas of today--------and would appreciate
To start with the Russians were goaded into Afghanistan. The US began supporting Islamic extremists before the invasion. This prompted the Russians to respond.

GOADED???? how was dey GOADED?. When did the US BEGIN to support Islamic extremists?
Yeah goaded. The US began supporting Islamic extremists at least six months prior to Russia sending in the Army to prop up the PDPA.

You don't see the similarities with the current conflict in Syria?

I'm glad my Poles helped blow apart the Soviet Union, with such names as Ryszard Kuklinski, Lech Walesa, Pope Jan Pawel II, and Zbigniew Brzezinski.

al qaeida is the filth of sunni islam , Hezbollah is the filth of Shiite islam and Baathism is the filth
of fascist "arab uber alles" None of them are NEW
Had there been no "Islamic Shiite Republic of Iran" thanks to Carter and Brezinski there wouldn't be the rise of Sunni Islamists like Al Queda and ISIS to stop the Shiites.

One of your Jews named Henry Kissinger was a much worse strategist, his opening up free trade with China, was perhaps the biggest mistake in 20th century America, a mistake which lead to massive outsourcing of jobs, massive increases in pollution, and a China that grows despite not respecting us.

GOADED???? how was dey GOADED?. When did the US BEGIN to support Islamic extremists?
Yeah goaded. The US began supporting Islamic extremists at least six months prior to Russia sending in the Army to prop up the PDPA.

of course there are similarities-------you just have the time-line off. Russia intervened in Afghanistan LONG
before the USA did. In fact Russia allied with BAATHIST Syria long before Syria became a household
word in the USA-------same is true of YEMEN -----it had a Baathist (aka Russia friendly) movement way
back in the 1950s When you think BAATHIST always think RUSSOPHIL
So the US is allowed to have allies, but not the Russians?

Russians support the destruction of the USA----as do their allies. Iran is now a Russian ally------
it started screaming DEATH TO AMERICA. Same is true of Syria. -------even yemen was
hostile to the USA way back in the time it began civil war --------and Baathists were murdering
other Yemenis with NITROGEN MUSTARD GAS------nice people you support (way back in
the 1950s------in the dark ages when Yemen could have been THE MOON as far as americans were
concerned)

Don't your Jews play a strong role in Russia?
I've read Jewish oligarchs are something like 40% of oligarchs in Russia, they have close ties with Putin, and even some Jewish Oligarchs backed Putin to power.

of course there are similarities-------you just have the time-line off. Russia intervened in Afghanistan LONG
before the USA did. In fact Russia allied with BAATHIST Syria long before Syria became a household
word in the USA-------same is true of YEMEN -----it had a Baathist (aka Russia friendly) movement way
So the US is allowed to have allies, but not the Russians?

Russians support the destruction of the USA----as do their allies. Iran is now a Russian ally------
it started screaming DEATH TO AMERICA. Same is true of Syria. -------even yemen was
hostile to the USA way back in the time it began civil war --------and Baathists were murdering
other Yemenis with NITROGEN MUSTARD GAS------nice people you support (way back in
the 1950s------in the dark ages when Yemen could have been THE MOON as far as americans were
concerned)
Russians support the destruction of the USA----as do their allies.
I don't really see that as being the case. I see them as acting in their interests to counter a hegemon.

also true-----the USA acts in its interests to counter a hegemon

The U.S.A, and Russia are the 2 most Jewish controlled, and also aggressive White based powers, coincidence, really, really now?

Note that all ellipses appeared in the original transcript, as published in Le Nouvel Observateur.

Question: The former director of the CIA, Robert Gates, stated in his memoirs that the American intelligence services began to aid the Mujahiddin in Afghanistan six months before the Soviet intervention. Is this period, you were the national securty advisor to President Carter. You therefore played a key role in this affair. Is this correct?

Brzezinski: Yes. According to the official version of history, CIA aid to the Mujahiddin began during 1980, that is to say, after the Soviet army invaded Afghanistan on December 24, 1979. But the reality, closely guarded until now, is completely otherwise: Indeed, it was July 3, 1979 that President Carter signed the first directive for secret aid to the opponents of the pro-Soviet regime in Kabul. And that very day, I wrote a note to the president in which I explained to him that in my opinion this aid was going to induce a Soviet military intervention [emphasis added throughout].

Q: Despite this risk, you were an advocate of this covert action. But perhaps you yourself desired this Soviet entry into the war and looked for a way to provoke it?

B: It wasn’t quite like that. We didn’t push the Russians to intervene, but we knowingly increased the probability that they would.

Q : When the Soviets justified their intervention by asserting that they intended to fight against secret US involvement in Afghanistan , nobody believed them . However, there was an element of truth in this. You don’t regret any of this today?

B: Regret what? That secret operation was an excellent idea. It had the effect of drawing the Russians into the Afghan trap and you want me to regret it? The day that the Soviets officially crossed the border, I wrote to President Carter, essentially: “We now have the opportunity of giving to the USSR its Vietnam war." Indeed, for almost 10 years, Moscow had to carry on a war that was unsustainable for the regime , a conflict that bought about the demoralization and finally the breakup of the Soviet empire.

Q: And neither do you regret having supported Islamic fundamentalism, which has given arms and advice to future terrorists?

B : What is more important in world history? The Taliban or the collapse of the Soviet empire? Some agitated Moslems or the liberation of Central Europe and the end of the cold war?

Q : “Some agitated Moslems”? But it has been said and repeated: Islamic fundamentalism represents a world menace today...

B: Nonsense! It is said that the West has a global policy in regard to Islam. That is stupid: There isn’t a global Islam. Look at Islam in a rational manner, without demagoguery or emotionalism. It is the leading religion of the world with 1.5 billion followers. But what is t h ere in com m on among fundamentalist Saudi Arabia , moderate Morocco, militarist Pakistan, pro-Western Egypt, or secularist Central Asia? Nothing more than what unites the Christian countries...

Brzezinski Interview | David N. Gibbs

Brzezinski's role. He was a big believer in the Arc of Crisis. Believer as in he did not invent it but he absolutely orchestrated it.
I believe Brzezinski saw everything through an anti-Soviet bias. He saw reds under the bed and he was obsessed about defying the communists wherever he imagined them to be, notably in Vietnam, an outlook which caused the deaths of 58,220 American. His advocacy for the funding the Afghan mujahideen, the forerunner of today's Islamist terrorists, was to have them fight the Russians and today they are killing our children and innocent civilians. He caused a lot of harm in our sorry world.

It's a memorial thread. What do you think my intentions are?

TORPEDOED

It's a good thing that the Soviet Union collapsed, don't you agree?
I'm ambivalent.

Note that all ellipses appeared in the original transcript, as published in Le Nouvel Observateur.

Question: The former director of the CIA, Robert Gates, stated in his memoirs that the American intelligence services began to aid the Mujahiddin in Afghanistan six months before the Soviet intervention. Is this period, you were the national securty advisor to President Carter. You therefore played a key role in this affair. Is this correct?

Brzezinski: Yes. According to the official version of history, CIA aid to the Mujahiddin began during 1980, that is to say, after the Soviet army invaded Afghanistan on December 24, 1979. But the reality, closely guarded until now, is completely otherwise: Indeed, it was July 3, 1979 that President Carter signed the first directive for secret aid to the opponents of the pro-Soviet regime in Kabul. And that very day, I wrote a note to the president in which I explained to him that in my opinion this aid was going to induce a Soviet military intervention [emphasis added throughout].

Q: Despite this risk, you were an advocate of this covert action. But perhaps you yourself desired this Soviet entry into the war and looked for a way to provoke it?

B: It wasn’t quite like that. We didn’t push the Russians to intervene, but we knowingly increased the probability that they would.

Q : When the Soviets justified their intervention by asserting that they intended to fight against secret US involvement in Afghanistan , nobody believed them . However, there was an element of truth in this. You don’t regret any of this today?

B: Regret what? That secret operation was an excellent idea. It had the effect of drawing the Russians into the Afghan trap and you want me to regret it? The day that the Soviets officially crossed the border, I wrote to President Carter, essentially: “We now have the opportunity of giving to the USSR its Vietnam war." Indeed, for almost 10 years, Moscow had to carry on a war that was unsustainable for the regime , a conflict that bought about the demoralization and finally the breakup of the Soviet empire.

Q: And neither do you regret having supported Islamic fundamentalism, which has given arms and advice to future terrorists?

B : What is more important in world history? The Taliban or the collapse of the Soviet empire? Some agitated Moslems or the liberation of Central Europe and the end of the cold war?

Q : “Some agitated Moslems”? But it has been said and repeated: Islamic fundamentalism represents a world menace today...

B: Nonsense! It is said that the West has a global policy in regard to Islam. That is stupid: There isn’t a global Islam. Look at Islam in a rational manner, without demagoguery or emotionalism. It is the leading religion of the world with 1.5 billion followers. But what is t h ere in com m on among fundamentalist Saudi Arabia , moderate Morocco, militarist Pakistan, pro-Western Egypt, or secularist Central Asia? Nothing more than what unites the Christian countries...

Brzezinski's role. He was a big believer in the Arc of Crisis. Believer as in he did not invent it but he absolutely orchestrated it.
I believe Brzezinski saw everything through an anti-Soviet bias. He saw reds under the bed and he was obsessed about defying the communists wherever he imagined them to be, notably in Vietnam, an outlook which caused the deaths of 58,220 American. His advocacy for the funding the Afghan mujahideen, the forerunner of today's Islamist terrorists, was to have them fight the Russians and today they are killing our children and innocent civilians. He caused a lot of harm in our sorry world.

Brzezinski helped liberate 100's of millions from the Soviet yolk... The World's biggest prison / slave system.... One which was armed with Nukes, and could have very well ended up in a nuclear war with the West.

Brzezinski helped liberate 100's of millions from the Soviet yolk... The World's biggest prison / slave system.... One which was armed with Nukes, and could have very well ended up in a nuclear war with the West.
I thought Ronald Reagan did that. LOL

I thought Ronald Reagan did that. LOL

Ronald Reagan expanded the Afghan - Soviet war, genius.

Zbigniew Brzezinski engineered the most effective war in 20th century U.S history, the tricking of Soviets into invading Afghanistan, which lead to the collapse of the Soviet Union.
Unlike the U.S war against the Nazis which killed many thousands of Americans, the war Zbigniew Brzezinski engineered cost the U.S.A next to nothing.

The Soviets didn't do anything in Afghanistan but guard Kabul and the main highway from it to the SU. The war didn't bankrupt them or collapse them, they were already toast and bankrupt in 1973, as a result of LBJ's escalation of the VN war and taking over France's role in supporting Israel in the ME wars. They were almost totally dependent on western food and refined petroleum imports from 1974 onward, the failure of their puppet states to defeat the Israelis angered their client states in the ME, with the same effects on their African butcher regimes, and they were allowed a soft landing by the West. Reagan had nothing to so with it, neither did Brezhinski, neither did Afghans. They lost both means and credibility long before the 'collapse'.

Not a bad guy. Much better than his Milfy but Pollyannish daughter.
If you marry a Pole-Lock girlie then your children's birth certificates cannot say "son/daughter of Mr. & Mrs." they have to say "We The People" in stead. That way all of the people get credit.

:D

Zbigniew Brzezinski married a Czech lady related to Czech politician Edvard Benes... Mika's half Czech.

At least Poles fought the Nazis, unlike Czechs.

Why not pick on Czechs instead?

lol did they? For how long, 2 or 3 days? Please, Poland was a joke.

Zbigniew Brzezinski engineered the most effective war in 20th century U.S history, the tricking of Soviets into invading Afghanistan, which lead to the collapse of the Soviet Union.
Unlike the U.S war against the Nazis which killed many thousands of Americans, the war Zbigniew Brzezinski engineered cost the U.S.A next to nothing.

The Soviets didn't do anything in Afghanistan but guard Kabul and the main highway from it to the SU. The war didn't bankrupt them or collapse them, they were already toast and bankrupt in 1973, as a result of LBJ's escalation of the VN war and taking over France's role in supporting Israel in the ME wars. They were almost totally dependent on western food and refined petroleum imports from 1974 onward, the failure of their puppet states to defeat the Israelis angered their client states in the ME, with the same effects on their African butcher regimes, and they were allowed a soft landing by the West. Reagan had nothing to so with it, neither did Brezhinski, neither did Afghans. They lost both means and credibility long before the 'collapse'.

I disagree, North Korea continues on as such a state.... The Soviets admitted they couldn't deal with Polish Solidarity, because they were busy dealing with Afghanistan, this allowed Poland with Solidarity to break away from the Soviet bloc, another big blow to the Soviet Union.

Not a bad guy. Much better than his Milfy but Pollyannish daughter.
If you marry a Pole-Lock girlie then your children's birth certificates cannot say "son/daughter of Mr. & Mrs." they have to say "We The People" in stead. That way all of the people get credit.

:D

Zbigniew Brzezinski married a Czech lady related to Czech politician Edvard Benes... Mika's half Czech.

At least Poles fought the Nazis, unlike Czechs.

Why not pick on Czechs instead?

lol did they? For how long, 2 or 3 days? Please, Poland was a joke.

Are you talking about the Netherlands, or Norway?
It's funny the Netherlands collapsed in 4 days, Norway in less than 1 day, but Poland which lasted over 1 month, is mocked rather than those?

Poles played a role in WW2, even after Poland had collapsed.

Poles were the best Squadron in the Battle of Britain the 303 Kosciuszko Squadron, and were the first to capture Montecassino.

I disagree, North Korea continues on as such a state.... The Soviets admitted they couldn't deal with Polish Solidarity, because they were busy dealing with Afghanistan, this allowed Poland with Solidarity to break away from the Soviet bloc, another big blow to the Soviet Union.

North Korea is propped up by the Chinese, not the Russians; Stalin ran away from Korea when Truman and the UN decided to invade.

Yes, I already pointed out the SU was dead in the water by 1973. You can thank LBJ, the West, and the Israelis for your success at 'reforms'.

North Korea is propped up by the Chinese, not the Russians; Stalin ran away from Korea when Truman and the UN decided to invade.

Yes, I already pointed out the SU was dead in the water by 1973. You can thank LBJ, the West, and the Israelis for your success at 'reforms'.

Isn't North Korea in worse shape today, than the Soviet Union was in the 1970's - 1980's?

al qaeida is the filth of sunni islam , Hezbollah is the filth of Shiite islam and Baathism is the filth
of fascist "arab uber alles" None of them are NEW
Had there been no "Islamic Shiite Republic of Iran" thanks to Carter and Brezinski there wouldn't be the rise of Sunni Islamists like Al Queda and ISIS to stop the Shiites.

"Tricking the Soviets into invading Afghansitan?! Do you trick people into kicking your ass?!

You gotta understand...This guy is an antisemetic Polack shithead obsessed about anything and everything having to do with Poland. Say something negative about Poles or Poland and watch him eat his soiled underwear.

Forum List

Back