Zbigniew Brzezinski, National Security Adviser to Jimmy Carter, Dies at 89

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Zbigniew Brzezinski, the hawkish strategic theorist who was national security adviser to President Jimmy Carter in the tumultuous years of the Iran hostage crisis and the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan in the late 1970s, died on Friday at a hospital in Virginia. He was 89.

His death, at Inova Fairfax Hospital in Falls Church, was announced on Friday by his daughter, Mika Brzezinski, a co-host of the MSNBC program “Morning Joe.”

Like his predecessor Henry A. Kissinger, Mr. Brzezinski was a foreign-born scholar (he in Poland, Mr. Kissinger in Germany) with considerable influence in global affairs, both before and long after his official tour of duty in the White House. In essays, interviews and television appearances over the decades, he cast a sharp eye on six successive administrations, including that of Donald J. Trump, whose election he did not support and whose foreign policy, he found, lacked coherence.

Mr. Brzezinski was nominally a Democrat, with views that led him to speak out, for example, against the “greed,” as he put it, of an American system that compounded inequality. He was one of the few foreign policy experts to warn against the invasion of Iraq in 2003.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/26/...dead-national-security-adviser-to-carter.html

Yep. Unfortunately the Arc of Crisis continues.

Good riddance. Carter, thanks to Brezinski had just about the worst presidency, especially when it came to foreign policy. Let's not forget that it was under this asshole's watch that we had the Iranian revolution, the Hostage Crisis (and failed attempt to reduce them), the Soviet invasion of Afghanstan, etc.

The Carter Brezinski era put into action a series of events that decades later, the world is still suffering from. Some of the fruits include radical Islamists such as Al Queda and ISIS. But Carter should be happy, because the catastrophic Obama presidency definitely outdid his presidency.

Not to mention, we now have Brezinski's piece of shit daughter spreading the same failed ideology and Leftist propaganda on the PMSNBC fake news channel.

al qaeida is the filth of sunni islam , Hezbollah is the filth of Shiite islam and Baathism is the filth
of fascist "arab uber alles" None of them are NEW

Zbigniew Brzezinski, the hawkish strategic theorist who was national security adviser to President Jimmy Carter in the tumultuous years of the Iran hostage crisis and the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan in the late 1970s, died on Friday at a hospital in Virginia. He was 89.

His death, at Inova Fairfax Hospital in Falls Church, was announced on Friday by his daughter, Mika Brzezinski, a co-host of the MSNBC program “Morning Joe.”

Like his predecessor Henry A. Kissinger, Mr. Brzezinski was a foreign-born scholar (he in Poland, Mr. Kissinger in Germany) with considerable influence in global affairs, both before and long after his official tour of duty in the White House. In essays, interviews and television appearances over the decades, he cast a sharp eye on six successive administrations, including that of Donald J. Trump, whose election he did not support and whose foreign policy, he found, lacked coherence.

Mr. Brzezinski was nominally a Democrat, with views that led him to speak out, for example, against the “greed,” as he put it, of an American system that compounded inequality. He was one of the few foreign policy experts to warn against the invasion of Iraq in 2003.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/26/...dead-national-security-adviser-to-carter.html

Polish huh?

This explains why Carter ran like a scared rabbit from the hostage taking Iranians.

Italians and Poles have the worst reputation for war.

This is why Italians and Poles make terrible cabinet level advisors.

None of them has any balls.

Not a bad guy. Much better than his Milfy but Pollyannish daughter.
If you marry a Pole-Lock girlie then your children's birth certificates cannot say "son/daughter of Mr. & Mrs." they have to say "We The People" in stead. That way all of the people get credit.

:D

Interesting how some news sources leave out his advisory and aid role in Hillary's campaign or that he is the inspiration and motivation for his daughter Mika's obnoxious insulting our intelligence leftist propaganda campaign.

Polish huh?

This explains why Carter ran like a scared rabbit from the hostage taking Iranians.
Was that any different than Reagan`s cut and run in Lebanon? He invaded Granada 3 days later.

It seems to me, Tehon dear------that everyone knows about the USA idiot carter support of
the Pakistani mujihadeen and ----those Pakistanis that morphed into the TALIBAN ----so?
What is your take on that fact. Has anyone DENIED USA support of the afghani/Taliban
struggle against Russia? Or are you just reminding us?

It seems to me, Tehon dear------that everyone knows about the USA idiot carter support of
the Pakistani mujihadeen and ----those Pakistanis that morphed into the TALIBAN ----so?
What is your take on that fact. Has anyone DENIED USA support of the afghani/Taliban

It's a memorial thread. What do you think my intentions are?

It's a memorial thread. What do you think my intentions are?

I did not know-----so I asked. IT IS a very important issue. I believe that the USA support of the
Mujahadeen CREATED a huge problem for the USA in Afghanistan----ON THE OTHER HAND----
the Russian endeavor was clear AGGRESSIVE imperialism------a problem that even BRILLIANT
ME-----did not appreciate at that time. I am STILL equivocal. On one issue I am not equivocal-----
we should have put a bullet in the head of Osama way back in the 1980s------and a bullet in the
head of Saddam----circa 1970. (ok ---two issues) ------and another one----A bullet in the head of
HAFEZ ASSAD----circa 1970. We need to put some war ships in the red sea and Mediterranean---
near the ports of Yemen and make some kind of DEFENSE agreement with Saudi Arabia so they will
stop their sloppy bombing of Yemen------if possible. Iranian ships approaching Yemen should be
TORPEDOED

Interesting how some news sources leave out his advisory and aid role in Hillary's campaign or that he is the inspiration and motivation for his daughter Mika's obnoxious insulting our intelligence leftist propaganda campaign.

Expect nothing less from the NYT.

Forum List

Back