YouTube soon to block users using adblocking plugins.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
bet you have already noticed the messages.
As of now, they are still letting you watch, that will change very soon.

Fuck that... youtube is damn near unwatchable without adblocking. Who they heck wants to have to watch advertisements before they know if they even want to see the video???

Is there a point in saying that
I don't think it is realistic to expect YouTube or its contributors to provide a free service (unless it is propaganda). Either you pay or their advertisers pay. Someone has to foot the bill.

YouTube has commercials every 5 minutes.
If you pay for them, they will give you ad free viewing.

Fuck that... youtube is damn near unwatchable without adblocking. Who they heck wants to have to watch advertisements before they know if they even want to see the video???
I mainly use YouTube on my phone. To subscribe and allow history, you have to sign in. That's when adblocking will become a problem.

So I use my laptop too, with adblocker, and not signed in. No problems there, no adverts and no warnings. It just means if you want to watch something, you have to use the search function.

YouTube ads are excessive. Particularly for popular providers.
No one wants to see ads before the video even starts. Then the ads become longer the longer you watch.
Youtube music is useless today. Every song has an ad now.

I set my browser privacy to "Strict" with uBlock on and it seems to bypass YouTube's ad requirement. At least for now.

I set my browser privacy to "Strict" with uBlock on and it seems to bypass YouTube's ad requirement. At least for now.
I have blocked their ads for years, now YouTube makes a splash screen saying "AdBlockers are not allowed on YouTube"... you can still bypass it by clicking OK... but that won't last

Ringel05
Ha!... AdBlock+ did an update last night, I thought... "hmm wonder if they fixed Youtube's blocking attempt"

Yep. YouTubes little block attempt is gone.
Let the battle begin.

I've had no message, bit it went really slow before, so I got rid of adblocker. I don't really notice the difference though, I don't remember a single ad on there.

Forum List

Back