Youth Bail On Obama

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
A crowd of twentysomething true believers followed Obama from the campaign to Washington. But 18 months in, the "Yes We Can" crowd is losing faith.

...Yet virtually all of the young White House and administration staffers I spoke to (most were unwilling to be named because of the sensitivity of their positions) have grown somewhat disillusioned—and say the glamour factor noted in the Times article is overblown. “It’s cool to my family, or the girl that I meet at the bar, but in terms of day-to-day work—am I really doing the change we can believe in?” asked one Iowa veteran. “Probably not. And it is very much of a shock.”

...The restlessness may be the natural way of Washington, but stings more because of the campaign trail togetherness so many young staffers remember. The experience “was like the best preview in the world, the movie you want to see so badly,” says Boswell. “And then you see the movie and it’s mediocre

Obama White House Exodus: 20-Something True Believers Burning Out - The Daily Beast

A crowd of twentysomething true believers followed Obama from the campaign to Washington. But 18 months in, the "Yes We Can" crowd is losing faith.

Obama White House Exodus: 20-Something True Believers Burning Out - The Daily Beast
How typical......​

“We wanted change and we got it,” says Orrin Evans, who began working for Obama at the age of 21. “But we’re now hit with a new set of challenges.”

....Yuppies' kids, gettin' tired/bored with the last trend they pursued.

Whatta shocker....

:rolleyes:

"Yes we can" has turned into "What the fuck?"

and yet they won't have any alternative in 2012 because there is nothing in the repub platform that would ever appeal to people who voted for obama.

They can sit home playing video games. If they were that stupid to vote for that ape then they don't deserve to be part of the political process.

"Yes we can" has turned into "What the fuck?"

and yet they won't have any alternative in 2012 because there is nothing in the repub platform that would ever appeal to people who voted for obama.

Probably right...it will be a lesser of 2 evils campaign as usual.

it usually is.

that's why i laugh when certain posters call people names for having voted for obama when the alternative was a VP candidate who doesn't believe in reproductive choice even in the face of rape and incest and calls half the country the 'pro america parts of the country'.

wasn't gonna happen.

Probably right...it will be a lesser of 2 evils campaign as usual.

it usually is.

that's why i laugh when certain posters call people names for having voted for obama when the alternative was a VP candidate who doesn't believe in reproductive choice even in the face of rape and incest and calls half the country the 'pro america parts of the country'.

wasn't gonna happen.

The VP candidate was qualified for the position. Obama clearly was not.

I love how people complain about candidates, not realizing you will never get that perfect candidate who agrees with you on every subject. Not out there. This is called letting the perfect be the enemy of the good.

...Yet virtually all of the young White House and administration staffers I spoke to (most were unwilling to be named because of the sensitivity of their positions) have grown somewhat disillusioned—and say the glamour factor noted in the Times article is overblown. “It’s cool to my family, or the girl that I meet at the bar, but in terms of day-to-day work—am I really doing the change we can believe in?” asked one Iowa veteran. “Probably not. And it is very much of a shock.”

...The restlessness may be the natural way of Washington, but stings more because of the campaign trail togetherness so many young staffers remember. The experience “was like the best preview in the world, the movie you want to see so badly,” says Boswell. “And then you see the movie and it’s mediocre

And had theyb really looked in depth at him? His past? The outcome would have been very different. It was 'Anybody But Bush'. McCain wasn't viable either...

We tried to warn them. Let us hope we can contain the damage their Messiah has wrought and pray that there is no more damage inflicted.

Forum List

Back