Youth Bail On Obama

I honestly don't think BO is going to make it to a full term. I think after this fall he is going to be without any support. I hope that this next election neuters him and he resigns before his term is out.

That sounds entirely like wishful thinking on your part, with no basis in reality.

Agreed, before 0bama reaches that level of understanding, someone will whack him.

it usually is.

that's why i laugh when certain posters call people names for having voted for obama when the alternative was a VP candidate who doesn't believe in reproductive choice even in the face of rape and incest and calls half the country the 'pro america parts of the country'.

wasn't gonna happen.

McCain/Palin was not the only alternative.

who then?

ron paul with his naive and ignorant ideas on the constitution, the economy and foreign policy?

not hardly... he couldn't even get thrugh his own primary.

hillary? i voted for her. she didn't make it through her primary season either.

Bob Barr was running as the Libertarian candidate. Chuck Baldwin was the Constitution Party candidate. Cynthia McKinney ran under the Green Party banner. Ralph Nader ran again as an independent.

The only choice isn't always between Democrat or Republican.

I honestly don't think BO is going to make it to a full term. I think after this fall he is going to be without any support. I hope that this next election neuters him and he resigns before his term is out.

That sounds entirely like wishful thinking on your part, with no basis in reality.

Are you kidding? If the dems get their asses tossed out this fall, which is looking more like reality every day, Obama will have absolutely no power with a republican congress and falling popular support. He will be an impotent potentate.

I remember Lyndon Johnson won a hugely popular election in 1964 by a bigger margin than Obma. Three years later he chose not to run because he lost his support.

Who should of people voted for instead?

Bob Barr? The fake Libertarian.

Chuck Baldwin? He wants to return to the bible.

Cynthia McKinney? All I need to say is she's a 9/11 truther.

Ralph Nader? Hell, the night of the election, he called Obama a Uncle Tom. Even Shep was like what the hell are you doing?

Let's face it, there were no real third party choices outside of Mickey Mouse.

Bob Barr was running as the Libertarian candidate. Chuck Baldwin was the Constitution Party candidate. Cynthia McKinney ran under the Green Party banner. Ralph Nader ran again as an independent.

The only choice isn't always between Democrat or Republican.

:lol: See my response just now.

"Yes we can" has turned into "What the fuck?"

and yet they won't have any alternative in 2012 because there is nothing in the repub platform that would ever appeal to people who voted for obama.
Correction:

MOST people will vote FOR Obama, because....they won't have any alternative in 2012 because there is nothing in the repub platform that would ever appeal to people who voted for obama....like TORTURE!!

You "conservatives" best-not try usin' the ol' "Who's Keeping Us More Safe?" sales-pitch, in 2012.

(There won't be any terrorists left to catch, by then....well, except for the family-planning-clinic bombers/sharp-shooters.)​

Torture? You mean that stuff that 0bama just farmed out to other countries to do for us? Wake up.

"Yes we can" has turned into "What the fuck?"

and yet they won't have any alternative in 2012 because there is nothing in the repub platform that would ever appeal to people who voted for obama.
Correction:

MOST people will vote FOR Obama, because....they won't have any alternative in 2012 because there is nothing in the repub platform that would ever appeal to people who voted for obama....like TORTURE!!

You "conservatives" best-not try usin' the ol' "Who's Keeping Us More Safe?" sales-pitch, in 2012.

(There won't be any terrorists left to catch, by then....well, except for the family-planning-clinic bombers/sharp-shooters.)​

How about this alternative....."Anyone but Obama". It's worked before.

the VP candidate was a brain dead imbecile.

but she had boobs so that made it okay. :cuckoo:

I love how this debate is about a Presidential candidate v a VP candidate. Mccain lost because they tried to paint him as a conservative which he was not. BTW Bush was not a conservative either.

I am sad for everyone. There was a very real sense of hope and change. Of something different. Of something better.The vibration that he could do it. The breath of oneness and not division. A dream of a new and refreshing vibrant leader.

Disillusionment is a bitter pill to swallow when the dream becomes wakefulness.

Who should of people voted for instead?

Bob Barr? The fake Libertarian.

Chuck Baldwin? He wants to return to the bible.

Cynthia McKinney? All I need to say is she's a 9/11 truther.

Ralph Nader? Hell, the night of the election, he called Obama a Uncle Tom. Even Shep was like what the hell are you doing?

Let's face it, there were no real third party choices outside of Mickey Mouse.

How did you KNOW?!?!?!? How did you know I voted for Mickey Mouse? :lol:

A crowd of twentysomething true believers followed Obama from the campaign to Washington. But 18 months in, the "Yes We Can" crowd is losing faith.

...Yet virtually all of the young White House and administration staffers I spoke to (most were unwilling to be named because of the sensitivity of their positions) have grown somewhat disillusioned—and say the glamour factor noted in the Times article is overblown. “It’s cool to my family, or the girl that I meet at the bar, but in terms of day-to-day work—am I really doing the change we can believe in?” asked one Iowa veteran. “Probably not. And it is very much of a shock.”

...The restlessness may be the natural way of Washington, but stings more because of the campaign trail togetherness so many young staffers remember. The experience “was like the best preview in the world, the movie you want to see so badly,” says Boswell. “And then you see the movie and it’s mediocre.”

Obama White House Exodus: 20-Something True Believers Burning Out - The Daily Beast

I guess every generation needs a Jimmy Carter--to realise what happens when liberals run this country.

The PROBLEM--I don't really see us recovering from this President's big spending ways. Today each household in this country owes the Federal government 100K and it is expected to rise to 170K by 2020--and all of this without the cost of health care.

This President has put one foot in the bankrupsty hole--with the other foot on very slippery gravel.

$obama-lip-service.jpg

A crowd of twentysomething true believers followed Obama from the campaign to Washington. But 18 months in, the "Yes We Can" crowd is losing faith.

...Yet virtually all of the young White House and administration staffers I spoke to (most were unwilling to be named because of the sensitivity of their positions) have grown somewhat disillusioned—and say the glamour factor noted in the Times article is overblown. “It’s cool to my family, or the girl that I meet at the bar, but in terms of day-to-day work—am I really doing the change we can believe in?” asked one Iowa veteran. “Probably not. And it is very much of a shock.”

...The restlessness may be the natural way of Washington, but stings more because of the campaign trail togetherness so many young staffers remember. The experience “was like the best preview in the world, the movie you want to see so badly,” says Boswell. “And then you see the movie and it’s mediocre

Obama White House Exodus: 20-Something True Believers Burning Out - The Daily Beast

I guess every generation needs a Jimmy Carter--to realise what happens when liberals run this country.

The PROBLEM--I don't really see us recovering from this President's big spending ways. Today each household in this country owes the Federal government 100K and it is expected to rise to 170K by 2020--and all of this without the cost of health care.

This President has put one foot in the bankrupsty hole--with the other foot on very slippery gravel.

View attachment 10519

Not exactly. We ALL may owe 1k but only the middle class will pay.

...The restlessness may be the natural way of Washington, but stings more because of the campaign trail togetherness so many young staffers remember. The experience “was like the best preview in the world, the movie you want to see so badly,” says Boswell. “And then you see the movie and it’s mediocre.”

View attachment 10519

Not exactly. We ALL may owe 1k but only the middle class will pay.

Each household owes 100K--not 1K---:cuckoo: 45% of the working class of this country fall under the bar and pay no federal taxes what-so-ever. In fact--since they are working--they still get a tax refund--even though they didn't pay a penny--called the "earned income tax credit."

1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is the beginning of the end of any nation.
5. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.

Adrian Rogers, 1931

Last edited:
I've spoken to two people lately who voted for Obama and now hate him. The latest one is totally disgusted with his handling of the oil spill. The other one has now joined the Tea Party.

Same experience here.

The Obamabots just cannot accept that the Hope n Change routine was an absolute fabrication. This president is so inexperienced, so inept, so out of touch with mainstream America that if they themselves persist in defending the indefensible, they are faced with admitting how out of touch with mainstream America they themselves have become.

And that scares the hell out of them...

Reading the so called news today is a challenge as one never knows whether it is wishful thinking or an assumed self fulfilling prophesy? How many did he interview, notice the unknown source excuse, maybe the writer is simply a partisan schizophrenic and the voices in his head are telling him things.

But life and work is often drudgery, that's the way it is. Madison avenue and the dreams of youth often have a hard time with reality. They think life is a sport or some other American gawd like wealth and fame. Often the plot unfolds slowly, but still if your values are sensible you'll be OK. Enjoy the moment but be aware there is a next moment.

"R.D.Laing defines normality, as I say, as a "state of complicity in social fantasy systems" that leads to a surrender of what is most authentically individual and creative in the "normalized" person. Perhaps the utterly banal Adolf Eichman ("I have nothing against Jews, personally"), as described by Hannah Arendt, who is without an iota of rebellion but thoroughly at the service of the society in which he was reared, is the best example of Laing's fully normal person, "ontologically divided" and blissfully unaware of it." Juan Galis-Menendez

Forum List

Back