Your thoughts on Online Schooling

It will foster a lot more social awkwardness.

A big part of school is learning how to interact with other people.
My nephew is going off to college dorms but taking online classes. He’s in a coed dorm. Lucky boy.

Online school is the future of public school. We pay way too much for public schools and it’s a joke how little they learn in 4 years.

In the old days teachers made $80k with a masters. In the future teachers will make $50k. $80 was ridiculous

The richness and diversity available now online is definitely superior to the grist mills that have become the brick and mortar school system. There is no way any human instructor can match the capabilities of a well organized online course schedule. It just isn't possible.

JO
When was the last time you darkened a school house door?

A human instructor ade up that online course, dumbass!

Oh I have spent many hours in the brick and mortar institutions.....not just for myself but for children and grandchildren.

A good teacher is worth his/her weight in gold....but they are slaves to the system and the system is now slave to globalism.....Globalism despises smart people.

JO
So you have been there for every minute of the instruction of every day?

Without being a teacher, you have no clue as to what happens in a classroom as evidence by your continued stupid assumptions and mischaracterizations.

You are so full full of shit!
The intensity of your outrage betrays personal involvement you're angry at the wrong person dude. I have certainly not been there every moment of every day what would be the purpose of having a school if that was the case? However I think I am in a good position to accurately gauge the severe drop off in educational fluency over the past 20 to 30 years based on the general product of the public school systems.

I have watched in horrified dismay has complex math has completely fled the grammar schools and is now slowly but surely being pushed out of Junior high. Ancient history has become well, ancient history. Poetry classics like Poe and Longfellow are now considered to be racist positions held by white supremacists. The School system that you grew to know and love and which you long for is a thing of the past my friend.... I don't want it to be that way that but that doesn't change what it is.

Jo
I am outraged because you are full of shit!

You may wish it to be that way....but it is not. The curriculum had deteriorated into a PC mush with increasingly lower goals and achievement bars. I have seen this first hand over 30 years of helping my kids and grandkids when their schoolwork.

Jo

I've flown on a lot of airplanes over the years, and close family members have as well. That means I am qualified to be an airline pilot, right?

If you spent most of your time in the cockpit..... Yes... Possibly.

Jo

...wow. :rolleyes:
Not a chance, dumbass!
Why not? I’m sure I could be taught to fly a plane in 2 days. Just show me what to do and I’ll repeat it.

:lmao:

........ I also have no doubt about the fact that the school system has lost its way and is no longer interested in making smarter citizens only in making them docile automatons. ....

You may have no doubt, but people actually working in the profession, people who know what goes on day-to-day are telling you different.

...Even public school teachers have fallen into this trap.....they spend the school day handing out homework assignments and drinking coffee with the other teachers leaving a kid to go home and stay up till midnight trying to finish homework he or she may not understand.....no parents to help means they get nothing for instruction anywhere....I'm sorry but I have seen this firsthand too many times.

You have "seen this firsthand"? Do you work in a school? Do you monitor all of these hypothetical students in their homes at night? Are you a teacher who moonlights with the NSA?

........ I also have no doubt about the fact that the school system has lost its way and is no longer interested in making smarter citizens only in making them docile automatons. ....

You may have no doubt, but people actually working in the profession, people who know what goes on day-to-day are telling you different.
You sound like one of those deep state republicans. Of course you don’t see a problem with your performance. Cops think they don’t need to be reformed too but guess what? They’re wrong

Yes, that’s the argument teachers and parents make. ....

Which one are you?
I would buy into it too if I were either. ...

Are you saying that you’re neither?
No I have a wife and kids.

Good for you. Glad to see you are not one of those greedy, lonely narcissists who think that material goods are a substitute for the love and responsibility of family.

Yes, that’s the argument teachers and parents make. ....

Which one are you?
I would buy into it too if I were either. ...

Are you saying that you’re neither?
No I have a wife and kids.

Good for you. Glad to see you are not one of those greedy, lonely narcissists who think that material goods are a substitute for the love and responsibility of family.
I don’t need responsibility. I have a great relationship with my nephews and never wanted the responsibility of raising kids.

Funny how many people love coming over to play on my material things. My buddy and his girl brought out this 30 something year old girl last nite On the boat. She’s an engineer at gm. We hit it off great. She had a great time and wants to come back.

That would never happen if I had a wife. And im 49. Who wants to fuck a woman that old? Certainly not me.

democrats typically run from personal responsibility as if it were the plague. Just the kind of mindless avoidance of responsibility that the DNC counts on in its drones.

Last edited:
Education is one of the greatest treasures a man can give himself, if he's wise enough to take it when it's offered.

Remember the old joke about the kid who was so ugly his parents had to tie a pork chop around his neck to get the dog to play with him?

Pork chops are material things too...

I don’t need responsibility.... and never wanted the responsibility ....

Spoken like a typical democrat. Just the kind of mindless avoidance of responsibility that the DNC counts on in its drones.
We are overpopulated. ...

We are nothing like "overpopulated," and future generations will face the tricky challenge of dealing with a rapidly declining global population. Hopefully, the education young people gain today will be of service to them in this endeavor when they assume positions of importance in society.

...I’ll bet Most parents can’t help their kids with their homework. I sure couldn’t.

You realize that's not a logical conclusion, right? You realize that those parents who share your 'limitations' have many other options in helping their children achieve academic success, right?

Forum List

Back