Your military service does not mean you get to say it's OK to disrespect the flag...

You really want to embrace the optics of threatening a person's livelihood for not being patriotic enough?

Sure, as long as you understand that it's those people who are providing that livelihood at their risk, and not the State. That's a workplace, and those stupid antics looks bad for the employer, they should be told to stop or be fired.

Should be.

Thank you for showing your ignorance of what makes this country great. Thank you also for showing your Nazi view.

Disrespecting the flag and the national anthem are not what make this country great. That's nothing but leftwing idiocy.

The fact that people are tolerant is what makes this country great. The flag is a piece of cloth and the anthem is a bunch of notes. You worship a false god. The Constitution is what makes this country great. It preaches free speech. Yo are a bunch of rightwing bullshit.

The Nazi flag is also "just a piece of cloth." How do you feel about people marching down the street with those?

Every time you post you only prove that your a giant economy sized idiot.
You mean like the Alt-Right in Charlottesville....some of which were good people?

Disrespecting the flag and the national anthem are not what make this country great. That's nothing but leftwing idiocy.

Hitler thought forcing patriotism would make Germany great again. How'd that work out?
Start saluting the flag, and the first thing you know we'll be building contration camps and shoving Jews into ovens!

If only you morons could look at yourselves objectively.

Sent from my SM-G935P using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

I am looking at forced patriotism quite objectively. You on the other hand are reacting to peaceful protest with an extreme emotional over-response.

Football players taking a knee are not protesting the flag, America, the military or baseball, hot dogs and apple freaking pie. They are protesting racial injustice, period.

The reason the First Amendment included the right to protest, was so that people could protest against the government. The 1A basically forbids the US Federal Govt from stopping people protesting them. This was done so that politics could be freely spoken about, so that people could discuss the issues that need to be discussed, instead of the govt being able to prevent people from talking about things the govt doesn't want them talking about.

The flag, the anthem etc represent the US government. They're there to be protested.

The NFL is not the federal government. The NFL can put a stop to it any time it wants. That doesn't violate the First Amendment. And patriotic Americans who find this shit to be despicable also have First Amendment rights.

You mean fake patriots. You are the despicable ones.

Thank you for showing your ignorance of what makes this country great. Thank you also for showing your Nazi view.

Hitler thought forcing patriotism would make Germany great again. How'd that work out?
Start saluting the flag, and the first thing you know we'll be building contration camps and shoving Jews into ovens!

I will not salute the flag. I worship the Constitution and not the flag. You are the moron. You worship a false god.
I don't worship any god at all, moron. No one is asking you to salute the flag, but I'll be damned if I will contribute a dime to the incomes of disrespectful millionaires who show their contempt for the flag and the national anthem.

You do worship a fake god. You worship the flag which is pieces of cloth sewn together. You are the one who shows contempt for this country. You are the unpatriotic moron.

Trump is trying to outlaw free speech and so are you. You are no different Nazi.
What actions has Trump taken to outlaw free speech? When has even expressed a desire to do so?

During the campaign he said he should be able to sue the media when they lie about him
The White House called for the firing of Jemelee Hill by ESPN
He clearly is attempting to incite people by his ignorant comments on the NFL

His comments about the NFL are dead on, and the majority of Americans agree with him.

Do you think the media should be allowed to lie?

They may say that they disagree but a majority disagree that the players should be fired.

Who determines what a lie is? The fact is that Trump has lied plenty of times yet you refuse to hold him accountable.
He hasn't lied 1/10th as much as Hillary or Obama. When snowflakes hold their rulers accountable, then we'll start worrying about Trump.

The American people don't agree with you. Most voters say he is dishonest.

...that's a bullshit argument.

As a veteran my self I agree. Everyone has the right to do it, but they do not have the right to not be fired for it or be called an idiot.

You really want to embrace the optics of threatening a person's livelihood for not being patriotic enough?

Sure, as long as you understand that it's those people who are providing that livelihood at their risk, and not the State. That's a workplace, and those stupid antics looks bad for the employer, they should be told to stop or be fired.

Should be.

Thanks for showing your stupidity.

Thank you for showing you are a unpatriotic pig.

I am looking at forced patriotism quite objectively. You on the other hand are reacting to peaceful protest with an extreme emotional over-response.

Football players taking a knee are not protesting the flag, America, the military or baseball, hot dogs and apple freaking pie. They are protesting racial injustice, period.

The reason the First Amendment included the right to protest, was so that people could protest against the government. The 1A basically forbids the US Federal Govt from stopping people protesting them. This was done so that politics could be freely spoken about, so that people could discuss the issues that need to be discussed, instead of the govt being able to prevent people from talking about things the govt doesn't want them talking about.

The flag, the anthem etc represent the US government. They're there to be protested.

The NFL is not the federal government. The NFL can put a stop to it any time it wants. That doesn't violate the First Amendment. And patriotic Americans who find this shit to be despicable also have First Amendment rights.

Yeah, right, because a real patriot demonstrates his contempt for the flag and the national anthem.

You're a special kind of moron.

What actions has Trump taken to outlaw free speech? When has even expressed a desire to do so?

During the campaign he said he should be able to sue the media when they lie about him
The White House called for the firing of Jemelee Hill by ESPN
He clearly is attempting to incite people by his ignorant comments on the NFL

His comments about the NFL are dead on, and the majority of Americans agree with him.

Do you think the media should be allowed to lie?

They may say that they disagree but a majority disagree that the players should be fired.

Who determines what a lie is? The fact is that Trump has lied plenty of times yet you refuse to hold him accountable.
He hasn't lied 1/10th as much as Hillary or Obama. When snowflakes hold their rulers accountable, then we'll start worrying about Trump.

The American people don't agree with you. Most voters say he is dishonest.

Fake news.

I will not salute the flag. I worship the Constitution and not the flag. You are the moron. You worship a false god.
I don't worship any god at all, moron. No one is asking you to salute the flag, but I'll be damned if I will contribute a dime to the incomes of disrespectful millionaires who show their contempt for the flag and the national anthem.

You do worship a fake god. You worship the flag which is pieces of cloth sewn together. You are the one who shows contempt for this country. You are the unpatriotic moron.
How do i show contempt for my country?

You are dumber than a brain damaged cockroach

Yeah, right, because a real patriot demonstrates his contempt for the flag and the national anthem.bunch of words and notes strung together. Whsat makes

A real patriot realizes that the flag is a piece of cloth and the anthem is a bunch of words and notes strung together. It is the Constitution that makes this country great. and one of the tenets is free speech and respect of that free speech. When a official takes the oath of office, they swear to uphold the Constitution not the anthem or flag. Trump and his supporters show their contempt for this country by using the flag and the anthem as a political weapon.

The reason for the players kneeling last week was a protest to Trump. Trump violated his oath of office by trying to intimidate the players. He was abusing his authority. Trump supporters showed their true colors just as when the Nazis burned books of people they saw as a enemy to their government.

You are the SOB cockroach who crawled out of the garbage. Go back to the slime you came from. You are disgusting and a enemy of the state.

Yep, that's naked idolatry right there. Fingerboy's not only fetishizing a piece of cloth but a piece of music as well. And then he wants to call himself an atheist. Hilarious.

Yeah, right, because a real patriot demonstrates his contempt for the flag and the national anthem.bunch of words and notes strung together. Whsat makes

A real patriot realizes that the flag is a piece of cloth and the anthem is a bunch of words and notes strung together. It is the Constitution that makes this country great. and one of the tenets is free speech and respect of that free speech. When a official takes the oath of office, they swear to uphold the Constitution not the anthem or flag. Trump and his supporters show their contempt for this country by using the flag and the anthem as a political weapon.

The reason for the players kneeling last week was a protest to Trump. Trump violated his oath of office by trying to intimidate the players. He was abusing his authority. Trump supporters showed their true colors just as when the Nazis burned books of people they saw as a enemy to their government.

You are the SOB cockroach who crawled out of the garbage. Go back to the slime you came from. You are disgusting and a enemy of the state.

So being patriotic requires you to respect how people use their First Amendment right, not matter how? What about "white nationalists" protesting in Charlottesville? Do you respect what they had to say?

You are dumber than a brain damaged cockroach.

Yep, that's naked idolatry right there. Fingerboy's not only fetishizing a piece of cloth but a piece of music as well. And then he wants to call himself an atheist. Hilarious.
Pointing out that spitting on the flag doesn't make you patriotic is "idolatry" and "fetishizing?"

You're a bigger idiot than busybee01.

Pointing out that spitting on the flag doesn't make you patriotic is "idolatry" and "fetishizing?"

Nope. Treating it as an idol and a fetish is "idolatry" and "fetishiizing". Go learn how to read.

I just pointed out to another one of you robotic sheep who capitalized "the Flag" that you don't do that unless you're worshiping the flag as some sort of deity.

Which is what you're doing when you start wetting your pants about blasphemy.

No go clean your face, squirt.

Nope. Treating it as an idol and a fetish is "idolatry" and "fetishiizing". Go learn how to read.

I just pointed out to another one of you robotic sheep who capitalized "the Flag" that you don't do that unless you're worshiping the flag as some sort of deity.

I didn't capitalize "the Flag," you fucking moron.

Nope, you didn't. Which is why I described him as "another one of you robotic sheep" as well as why I advised you to go learn how to read. When you finally take that step perhaps your teacher will enlighten you on the meaning of the word "another".

Nope, you didn't. Which is why I described him as "another one of you robotic sheep" as well as why I advised you to go learn how to read. When you finally take that step perhaps your teacher will enlighten you on the meaning of the word "another".
You aren't doing a good job of recovering from your idiocy.

Are NFL players saying they are protesting against America or protesting against social injustice?

...that's a bullshit argument.

First off yes I can say that if I want to. That's the exact First Amendment right I fought for. I can state my opinion, as a Veteran and as an American Citizen. You don't get to tell me that I can't.

But if your point is that being a Veteran doesn't give their belief that kneeling for the Anthem is ok any credence, then shouldn't the opposite be true too? Being a Veteran and opposing them kneeling is also a worthless gesture (by your logic).

Me personally I wish they'd stand. But I fought for their right to sit/kneel if they so choose. We don't have a dear leader who will fire them or tie those that kneel up and shoot an anti-aircraft gun at them. If you want a country that is going to enforce standing for the anthem through State power, there's one called North Korea.

I'm going to keep watching the NFL because every one I've heard from believes this is about social injustice and not the flag or the troops. When I was in the Military, the NFL did a LOT of USO trips overseas to us, put on a lot of events, telecast their games to us for free. I got to meet Duce Staley, Eddie George and Jerome Bettis, was really the highlight of a 9 month tour for me. Those are actions that actually affected me. Honestly my life is EXACTLY the same as it was before they were kneeling. Not way high up there on my list of things that upset me. I'd rather they chose a different method, but there's a million other things that are more impactful going on that I'd rather focus on first than that.

Forum List

Back