Your military service does not mean you get to say it's OK to disrespect the flag...

Burning the flag, or disrespecting the flag, means I no longer am listening to your message. I no longer want to hear you, all I know is that you are an enemy of the United States, and I don't care what you have to say.

Some of those who claim to respect the flag care not about the Constitution; that is what we MUST respect. Not an object, goals for fair and decent government.

...that's a bullshit argument.

The constitution does.

And if you're fighting in service of those freedoms and protecting everything the flag stands for, then yes, your service makes you uniquely qualified to speak on this matter.
No it doesn't. Furthermore, for every service member who follows your opinion on the subject, there are 10 that reject it.

Active or not?

It makes a difference.

If not active, its undoubtedly protected free speech. But, if pino trump gets his way, that will all change and you dummies will wish you had paid more attention to liberals.
Leftwingers are the ones trying to outlaw free speech, not Trump.

Trump is trying to outlaw free speech and so are you. You are no different Nazi.
What actions has Trump taken to outlaw free speech? When has even expressed a desire to do so?

During the campaign he said he should be able to sue the media when they lie about him
The White House called for the firing of Jemelee Hill by ESPN
He clearly is attempting to incite people by his ignorant comments on the NFL

As a veteran my self I agree. Everyone has the right to do it, but they do not have the right to not be fired for it or be called an idiot.

You really want to embrace the optics of threatening a person's livelihood for not being patriotic enough?

Sure, as long as you understand that it's those people who are providing that livelihood at their risk, and not the State. That's a workplace, and those stupid antics looks bad for the employer, they should be told to stop or be fired.

Should be.

Thank you for showing your ignorance of what makes this country great. Thank you also for showing your Nazi view.

Active or not?

It makes a difference.

If not active, its undoubtedly protected free speech. But, if pino trump gets his way, that will all change and you dummies will wish you had paid more attention to liberals.

Trump is trying to outlaw free speech and so are you. You are no different Nazi.
What actions has Trump taken to outlaw free speech? When has even expressed a desire to do so?

During the campaign he said he should be able to sue the media when they lie about him

His comments about the NFL are dead on, and the majority of Americans agree with him.

Do you think the media should be allowed to lie?

As a veteran my self I agree. Everyone has the right to do it, but they do not have the right to not be fired for it or be called an idiot.

You really want to embrace the optics of threatening a person's livelihood for not being patriotic enough?

Sure, as long as you understand that it's those people who are providing that livelihood at their risk, and not the State. That's a workplace, and those stupid antics looks bad for the employer, they should be told to stop or be fired.

Should be.

Thank you for showing your ignorance of what makes this country great. Thank you also for showing your Nazi view.

Disrespecting the flag and the national anthem are not what make this country great. That's nothing but leftwing idiocy.

You're free to say it, I'm not going to arrest you, but it's a bullshit argument. Veterans did not earn a right to tell others it's ok to disrespect the flag.

Vets, active, retired or reserved are required to know and obey the UCMJ to wit:

The “lawful command of his superior officer,” 891.ART.91 (2), the “lawful order of a warrant officer”, 892.ART.92 (1) the “lawful general order”, 892.ART.92 (2) “lawful order”. In each case, military personnel have an obligation and a duty to only obey Lawful orders and indeed have an obligation to disobey Unlawful orders, including orders by the president that do not comply with the UCMJ. The moral and legal obligation is to the U.S. Constitution and not to those who would issue unlawful orders, especially if those orders are in direct violation of the Constitution and the UCMJ."

What does the UCMJ have to do with veterans?

According to Article 2 of UCMJ, "Retired members of a regular component of the armed forces who are entitled to pay" are covered by UCMJ.

"Who are entitled to pay" That rules out 99% of them.

Gen. Flynn?

Should be.

Disrespecting the flag and the national anthem are not what make this country great. That's nothing but leftwing idiocy.

Hitler thought forcing patriotism would make Germany great again. How'd that work out?

The constitution does.

And if you're fighting in service of those freedoms and protecting everything the flag stands for, then yes, your service makes you uniquely qualified to speak on this matter.
No it doesn't. Furthermore, for every service member who follows your opinion on the subject, there are 10 that reject it.
You speak for 10 service members? 100? 1000? None?

Sweetie, you speak only for yourself.

Should be.

Hitler thought forcing patriotism would make Germany great again. How'd that work out?
Some here probably think it would have worked out great....if it weren't for those pesky anti-fas.

Should be.

Start saluting the flag, and the first thing you know we'll be building contration camps and shoving Jews into ovens!

If only you morons could look at yourselves objectively.

Sent from my SM-G935P using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Should be.

Start saluting the flag, and the first thing you know we'll be building contration camps and shoving Jews into ovens!

I am looking at forced patriotism quite objectively. You on the other hand are reacting to peaceful protest with an extreme emotional over-response.

Football players taking a knee are not protesting the flag, America, the military or baseball, hot dogs and apple freaking pie. They are protesting racial injustice, period.

Active or not?

It makes a difference.

His comments about the NFL are dead on, and the majority of Americans agree with him.

Do you think the media should be allowed to lie?

They may say that they disagree but a majority disagree that the players should be fired.

Who determines what a lie is? The fact is that Trump has lied plenty of times yet you refuse to hold him accountable.

Active or not?

It makes a difference.

So what laws are being passed to limit free speech ? All I have seen is opinions.

Should be.

The fact that people are tolerant is what makes this country great. The flag is a piece of cloth and the anthem is a bunch of notes. You worship a false god. The Constitution is what makes this country great. It preaches free speech. Yo are a bunch of rightwing bullshit.

Should be.

I am looking at forced patriotism quite objectively. You on the other hand are reacting to peaceful protest with an extreme emotional over-response.

Football players taking a knee are not protesting the flag, America, the military or baseball, hot dogs and apple freaking pie. They are protesting racial injustice, period.

The reason the First Amendment included the right to protest, was so that people could protest against the government. The 1A basically forbids the US Federal Govt from stopping people protesting them. This was done so that politics could be freely spoken about, so that people could discuss the issues that need to be discussed, instead of the govt being able to prevent people from talking about things the govt doesn't want them talking about.

The flag, the anthem etc represent the US government. They're there to be protested.

Should be.

I will not salute the flag. I worship the Constitution and not the flag. You are the moron. You worship a false god.

You're free to say it, I'm not going to arrest you, but it's a bullshit argument. Veterans did not earn a right to tell others it's ok to disrespect the flag.

Vets, active, retired or reserved are required to know and obey the UCMJ to wit:

The “lawful command of his superior officer,” 891.ART.91 (2), the “lawful order of a warrant officer”, 892.ART.92 (1) the “lawful general order”, 892.ART.92 (2) “lawful order”. In each case, military personnel have an obligation and a duty to only obey Lawful orders and indeed have an obligation to disobey Unlawful orders, including orders by the president that do not comply with the UCMJ. The moral and legal obligation is to the U.S. Constitution and not to those who would issue unlawful orders, especially if those orders are in direct violation of the Constitution and the UCMJ."

What does the UCMJ have to do with veterans?

According to Article 2 of UCMJ, "Retired members of a regular component of the armed forces who are entitled to pay" are covered by UCMJ.

"Who are entitled to pay" That rules out 99% of them.

Gen. Flynn?
Nope. He's not being paid by the military.

Forum List

Back