Your military service does not mean you get to say it's OK to disrespect the flag...

Active or not?

It makes a difference.

If not active, its undoubtedly protected free speech. But, if pino trump gets his way, that will all change and you dummies will wish you had paid more attention to liverals.
Your military service does not mean you get to say it's OK to disrespect the flag...

...that's a bullshit argument.

:wtf:

Uh --- yyyyyyyyyyyeeeeah OK. Should be in the Non Sequitur forum.

I guess you're right. Military service does not mean you get to say it's OK to disrespect the flag.
The Constitution is what says that.

My post -- I think there is some constraint if you're active. IOW, active military give up certain rights.

what rights? I never gave up any rights while serving.
Oh? Freedom of protest while in uniform? Freedom of movement while on duty? Who else can be written up for destruction of government property for continuously getting sunburned?

Oh shit that brings back memories. My first year I was stationed in Tx, once a month we'd have a beer party on top of the barracks and being from the North didn't realize that sun was much hotter down south. Myself and another guy from up north wound up in sickbay the next day. He could not even put clothes on and I had trouble wearing anything, anyway, he didn't go to his assigned duty station and I did, he was written up and I was sent home but with a warning, I was government property and don't do it again or I would receive an article 15.

The constitution does.

And if you're fighting in service of those freedoms and protecting everything the flag stands for, then yes, your service makes you uniquely qualified to speak on this matter.
No it doesn't. Furthermore, for every service member who follows your opinion on the subject, there are 10 that reject it.

I don't think so. Most are not speaking up but the ones I know could give a shit if they stand, kneel, laydown or whatever.

They may say that they disagree but a majority disagree that the players should be fired.

Who determines what a lie is? The fact is that Trump has lied plenty of times yet you refuse to hold him accountable.
He hasn't lied 1/10th as much as Hillary or Obama. When snowflakes hold their rulers accountable, then we'll start worrying about Trump.
We already know you’re crazy; no need to reaffirm it.

President Trump’s Lies, the Definitive List

We know that you're a lying cockroach. Disagreeing with a liberal isn't a lie.
LOLOL

Those aren’t “disagreements,” they’re documented lies. There’s over 100 on that page alone. Since you claim Obama and Hillary lie 10 times as much, either. Post 1,000 lies for each of them or you’re the liar.

No excuses accepted.
They are only "documented" by the fake news. The leftwing definition of a "lie" is any objection to leftwing horseshit.

Did you ever notice we didn't have fake news until your god trump came along. And you do worship a god and that would be trump.

Active or not?

It makes a difference.

If not active, its undoubtedly protected free speech. But, if pino trump gets his way, that will all change and you dummies will wish you had paid more attention to liverals.

:wtf:

Uh --- yyyyyyyyyyyeeeeah OK. Should be in the Non Sequitur forum.

I guess you're right. Military service does not mean you get to say it's OK to disrespect the flag.
The Constitution is what says that.

My post -- I think there is some constraint if you're active. IOW, active military give up certain rights.

Oh? Freedom of protest while in uniform? Freedom of movement while on duty? Who else can be written up for destruction of government property for continuously getting sunburned?

So your job allows you to leave work and protest something? You get to pick the location you perform your work duties? Admonishment on a piece of paper!! how ruthless the military can be
Are you sure you've actually served? Actually been under the UCMJ?

Well, when I was in I attended two Vietnam protests, one at UT in Austin and one at Washington Mall in D.C, both in civilian clothes. The one in Austin myself and the others I went with were called in to the CID and so to speak counseled.

He hasn't lied 1/10th as much as Hillary or Obama. When snowflakes hold their rulers accountable, then we'll start worrying about Trump.
We already know you’re crazy; no need to reaffirm it.

President Trump’s Lies, the Definitive List

We know that you're a lying cockroach. Disagreeing with a liberal isn't a lie.
LOLOL

Those aren’t “disagreements,” they’re documented lies. There’s over 100 on that page alone. Since you claim Obama and Hillary lie 10 times as much, either. Post 1,000 lies for each of them or you’re the liar.

No excuses accepted.
They are only "documented" by the fake news. The leftwing definition of a "lie" is any objection to leftwing horseshit.

Did you ever notice we didn't have fake news until your god trump came along. And you do worship a god and that would be trump.
Yes, we did have fake news. Many of us have been pointing that out for decades. Trump is just the first politician to point out fake news. The rest have all been afraid up until this election.

Active or not?

It makes a difference.

So your job allows you to leave work and protest something? You get to pick the location you perform your work duties? Admonishment on a piece of paper!! how ruthless the military can be
Are you sure you've actually served? Actually been under the UCMJ?

Well, when I was in I attended two Vietnam protests, one at UT in Austin and one at Washington Mall in D.C, both in civilian clothes. The one in Austin myself and the others I went with were called in to the CID and so to speak counseled.
What is the "CID?"

The constitution does.

And if you're fighting in service of those freedoms and protecting everything the flag stands for, then yes, your service makes you uniquely qualified to speak on this matter.
No it doesn't. Furthermore, for every service member who follows your opinion on the subject, there are 10 that reject it.

I don't think so. Most are not speaking up but the ones I know could give a shit if they stand, kneel, laydown or whatever.
Bullshit. Most veterans and people in the service are patriots.

You do worship a fake god. You worship the flag which is pieces of cloth sewn together. You are the one who shows contempt for this country. You are the unpatriotic moron.

Yep, that's naked idolatry right there. Fingerboy's not only fetishizing a piece of cloth but a piece of music as well. And then he wants to call himself an atheist. Hilarious.
Pointing out that spitting on the flag doesn't make you patriotic is "idolatry" and "fetishizing?"

Nope. Treating it as an idol and a fetish is "idolatry" and "fetishiizing". Go learn how to read.

I just pointed out to another one of you robotic sheep who capitalized "the Flag" that you don't do that unless you're worshiping the flag as some sort of deity.

Which is what you're doing when you start wetting your pants about blasphemy.

No go clean your face, squirt.
I didn't capitalize "the Flag," you fucking moron.

Nope, you didn't. Which is why I described him as "another one of you robotic sheep" as well as why I advised you to go learn how to read. When you finally take that step perhaps your teacher will enlighten you on the meaning of the word "another".
You have to excuse bripat9643, he’s illiterate.

The constitution does.

"Patriot" / "Robot". Learn the difference.

The veteran thinks that the word "patriot" is being abused to pander political philosophy and social subjugation...

First off yes I can say that if I want to. That's the exact First Amendment right I fought for. I can state my opinion, as a Veteran and as an American Citizen. You don't get to tell me that I can't.

But if your point is that being a Veteran doesn't give their belief that kneeling for the Anthem is ok any credence, then shouldn't the opposite be true too? Being a Veteran and opposing them kneeling is also a worthless gesture (by your logic).

Me personally I wish they'd stand. But I fought for their right to sit/kneel if they so choose. We don't have a dear leader who will fire them or tie those that kneel up and shoot an anti-aircraft gun at them. If you want a country that is going to enforce standing for the anthem through State power, there's one called North Korea.

I'm going to keep watching the NFL because every one I've heard from believes this is about social injustice and not the flag or the troops. When I was in the Military, the NFL did a LOT of USO trips overseas to us, put on a lot of events, telecast their games to us for free. I got to meet Duce Staley, Eddie George and Jerome Bettis, was really the highlight of a 9 month tour for me. Those are actions that actually affected me. Honestly my life is EXACTLY the same as it was before they were kneeling. Not way high up there on my list of things that upset me. I'd rather they chose a different method, but there's a million other things that are more impactful going on that I'd rather focus on first than that.
You, sir, are going to love this...

They need to stop beer sales during the National anthem...its disrespectful to be in line waiting for your brew .....stand at attention ...no bathroom visits during the anthem ...lock them up...R E S P E C T our Flag goobers................

They need to stop beer sales during the National anthem...its disrespectful to be in line waiting for your brew .....stand at attention ...no bathroom visits during the anthem ...lock them up...R E S P E C T our Flag goobers................

If "taking a knee" during the National anthem disrespects the Flag what about 'taking a pee'.... how about hands off your sch-long and put it over your heart commie bastard ..... ....

Is the public allowed to use veterans, and dead veterans to shut down free speech?

The constitution does.

Yes we are...sworn to uphold the Constitution...not go all snowflake about people kneeling for the flag.

The constitution does.

Yes we are...sworn to uphold the Constitution...not go all snowflake about people kneeling for the flag.
This issue has nothing to do with "upholding the Constitution." No matter how hard you try, you can't make it into a free speech issue.

Forum List

Back