Your Cool Sports Story of the Week

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
No, not Boise State linebacker Leighton Vander Esch going first round at 19 to the Dallas Cowboys or receiver Cedrick Wilson following him onto a team that already has two BSU starters and the Great Kellen Moore as their new Quarterbacks Coach (although that was DAMN cool and now I gotta be a Cowboys fan :~)

THIS story about the Central Florida linebacker with ONE HAND getting drafted by Seattle.

Shaquem Griffin helped UCF go undefeated last season, then blew through the NFL combine with a 4.38 in the 40, sensational lifting work with his prosthetic, and a can-do attitude.

Exactly the sort of player the Seahawks seem to find; they drafted his twin brother, Shaquill, out of UCF last year.

"It's been a really good experience," Shaquem said. "I would have been crazy to turn an experience down like this. I'm just glad I was one of the selected few to be here."

Griffin had one of the more unusual ways of finding out he was chosen.

"I was using the restroom and my brother came and tackled me with my cellphone, saying 'answer it, answer it,' and I looked, and that's when tears started pouring down," Griffin explained.

"I literally went to use the restroom and that's when my brother busted in and tackled me. I think I was more scared of him tackling me in the bathroom and not knowing what was happening than anything."

Griffin received, by far, the biggest cheers of the day — louder even than when the Cowboys' selections were announced. And he made a promise: "Great things are coming to Seattle."​

Shaquem Griffin finally hears his name at NFL draft

636605338871173364-USP-NCAA-Football-Peach-Bowl-Auburn-vs-Central-Fl.jpg

Preds pulled off an awesome win last night.
Series is tied 1-1 with those jet fags

Forum List

Back