JT Barrett was NOT drafted by NFL

Discussion in 'Sports' started by ShootSpeeders, Apr 30, 2018.

1. ShootSpeeders

ShootSpeeders BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,267
    Greatest QB is Big Ten history but the experts say he's too short. Last time i checked, both his feet reached the ground! I've seen him listed at 6 1 and also at 6 2.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. WinterBorn

WinterBorn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,422
    He wasn't drafted, but he has now signed with the Saints.

He will play in the NFL. Whether he works as a backup or third string while he works on his game is the question. He has the drive and leadership. But the NFL drafts based on athletic talent. For QBs they look at passing skills (accuracy) and decision making. That is where Barrett falls short of the other QBs that were drafted.

3. evenflow1969

evenflow1969 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +979
    He consistantly over throws, I can see that as a worry. Taking off is not a way to make a living in the NFL. No one wants a billion dollars in a guy that is going to take that kind of beating. It is why we have seen the draft stock of the running back plumet. I think they went to far with the RB thing. I have to belive there is an Emmit Smith out there. The Boys were pretty bad ass with him in the line up!

4. WinterBorn

WinterBorn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,422
    The problem with Barrett taking off instead of passing is that he is not that fast. He ran the 40 in 4.7 at the combine.

5. WinterBorn

WinterBorn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,422
    Another thing, you think Barrett was the best QB in the Big 10? You claim he is better than Drew Brees or Tommy Frazier?

6. Votto

Votto Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,900
    The reason he broke all the records is that he was around so long. He played through his senior year.

That should be a warning sign.

No, JT can't throw, he can scramble a bit, but really is not all that fast either.

He is a leader, which is why I see him soon becoming a coach.

The only reason OSU beat Michigan last year is that JT got hurt and put another back up in. They then took the lead.

In fact, OSU would never have beaten Alabama not long ago had JT not gotten injured and forced to end his season.

It is my contention that had JT been benched, OSU would have made the playoffs last year.

With JT, you just load the box and make him thrown. Nothing to it.

7. IM2

IM2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,011
    There have been 1NFL QB produced in he Urban Meyer system of offense. Alex Smith. Braxton Miller was a better QB. Meyer is a spread option coach and really emphasizes on the QB run game. Ask Tebow. And then really, when has a QB from Ohio State done anything in the pros? As for the greatest QB in Big 10 history, Drew Brees. If you look to Ohio State for pros look to the defense. My boy the great Jack Tatum, played for the Buckeyes.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. IM2

IM2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,011
    They would have lost to OU and Penn State had Barret not played. They were not good enough to make the playoffs last year..