Your all time favorite movie

G

Gabriella84

Mine would have to be Blazing Saddles. I think it is the funniest movie ever made. My sister and I have seen it about 50 times.

Tough to narrow it down to just one.

Christmas - It's a Wonderful Life and White Christmas
Action - The Rock
Comedy - Too many out there. I love Weekend At Bernies, Breakfast Club and Sixteen Candles
Other - The Usual Suspects, Dead Poet's Society, To Live And Die in L.A.

Gabriella84 said:
Mine would have to be Blazing Saddles. I think it is the funniest movie ever made. My sister and I have seen it about 50 times.
Can't pick just one...short list

The Green Mile
Field of Dreams
Beaches
Fried Green Tomatoes

Many more.....

Sixteen Candles is on my all time favorite list - it is the definitive 80's teen movie.

Empire Strikes Back is also on top with To Live and Die in L.A. (thought I was the only one who was a true fan of that film) along with too many more to list.

The Silence of the Lambs.
Batman Begins.
Princess Bride.
The Passion of the Christ.
There's something about Mary.
Dumb and Dumber.
The Empire Strikes Back.
Red Dawn.

...off the top of my head.

Spaceballs is on the short list, along with Saving Private Ryan, Braveheart, and the Star Wars Trilogies. (What is the term for a six-movie series? Sexlogy?)

You all like too many dramas and action movies. I don't watch too many movies that are not comedies.
My sister, who graduated from USC Film School, is a devotee of "bad movies." Both intentionally bad (i.e. parodies) and unintenionally bad. After much serious study (really!), my sister and a few other senior film students declared "Dude, Where's My Car?" as the worst movie ever made.

Those who enjoy the teen movie genre should rent "Not Another Teen Movie." It's one of the funniest movies of all. Along with "Eight Legged Freaks."

Of course, Monty Python's "Holy Grail" and "Life of Brian" will always be classics.

"We were soldiers" Mel Gibson...however I am prejudice...been there done that..I also liked his portrayel of the story of Christ in his last hours...wasn't there but liked it! :D

I thought the thread said "All time Favorite Movie" not plural?

I think mine would have to be Braveheart....

Dr. Strangelove.

It's also amazing in the sense that at one time is was fiction but now it's morphing into a documentary. :halo:

I've never known anyone who ever had only one favorite movie. It would seem weird, to me, maybe it's just the people I hang out with. :dunno:

My sister, who graduated from USC Film School, is a devotee of "bad movies." Both intentionally bad (i.e. parodies) and unintenionally bad. After much serious study (really!), my sister and a few other senior film students declared "Dude, Where's My Car?" as the worst movie ever made.

I agree with that for sure (be careful what you say, though, Jimnyc is a fan and trust me, he'll defend his opinion to great lengths:D).

I, too, am a big fan of bad movies, though I never went to film school (considered it, but I figured if I was going to spend that much money on something, I might as well just make a movie). Here's a short list of some of my "so bad they're good" movies:

Tango & Cash (You say you don't like action movies, but seriously, rent this, every single aspect of it is just sooooooo cliche, it's brilliant!)
Batman: the Movie (the Adam West one)
Alone in the Dark
Friday the 13th VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan
And, the creme de la creme of bad movies:

ROCKY IV

Seriously, watch that movie as soon as you possibly can, it is the worst/greatest movie I've ever seen. And it has a talking robot butler.

I've heard the new Crow movie is really awful/great. I really want to see it.

You said you liked comedies, here's a few of my favorites (keep in mind I have very weird taste in movies):

Wet Hot American Summer (if you haven't seen this, rent it tonight, it is my favorite comedy of all time and probably in my top 3 favorite movies of all time)
Ghostbusters
Freddy Got Fingered
The Big Lebowski
and a ton of others I can't really come up with right now.

And, just for the heck of it, here's a list of my favorite movies (as always, this list is subject to change at any moment)

Ghostbusters
Chasing Amy
Wet Hot American Summer
American Beauty
The Breakfast Club
Magnolia

can't pick just one either

Comedy: Super Troopers, Maverick(with my bedslave Mel Gibson :whip3: ), Ferris Bueller's Day off, Jackass: the movie, Waiting for Guffman, Best In Show, The Whole 9 Yards, Jay&Silent Bob Strike Back, Clerks, Dogma, Grumpy/Grumpier Old Men, Happy Gilmore, Undercover Blues

Christmas: Both Christmas Vacation and Christmas Story tied

Action: Spider Man 1, Lethal Weapon 4

Thriller/Slasher: the Scream trilogy

Other: The Patriot (again with my bedslave Mel Gibson :whip3: ), Dances with Wolves, all 3 Harry Potter movies, Titanic, A Few Good Men

there are more, but the list would be too long at that point

Black Hawk Down
Master and Commander : the far side of the world
Gladiator
Apollo 13
LOTR trilogy
Fight Club
Runabout Jury (with D. Hoffman and G. Hackman, excellent !)
When Eagles Dare (not sure of the VO title, it's the movie with Eastwood and R. Burton, WWII)
Hearthbreak Ridge
The Good the Bad and the Ugly (Eastwood, Van Cleef, Wallach)
Braveheart
Star Wars (IV, V, VI)

......there si too much.

Plus a lot of french movies

Plus a lot of french movies

What ones? I've been trying to get into more international cinema lately, though I have to admit I haven't seen too many French films. Actually, one of the more disturbing movies I've seen was French, it was called Man Bites Dog. Not sure what the French title was, it's a mockumentary where a film crew follows around a serial killer and kind of get sucked into his world. It's really funny and disturbing, definitely check it out if you haven't seen it.

Forum List

Back