Your all time favorite movie

I haven't seen it, but if you say it's a "mockumentary", and if here there is no error when you wrote it on your keyboard, then it should be a movie by Jean-Pierre Mocky.

French movies...

"4 garçons plein d'avenir" (can be translate like "4 boys with a good future", a comedy, funny)

"Amélie Poulain"

"Un Long Dimanche de Fiançailles" ("a long sunday of engagement" would be the litteral translation)
(with Audrey Tautou, the "amélie poulain", and by Jean-Pierre Jeunet, also the man who did Amélie Poulain, it's a kind of thriller/tragedy with a background of WWI and french assaults on german lines....You should see it if you can, a good movie, really ;) )

"Léon" (Leon), by Luc Besson, with Jean Reno and Natalie Portman

"Fanfan la Tulipe", an old movie, Gérard Philippe

...I can't remember others, no names come to my mind. But there is a lot of comedy, and also of action/adventure movies, particularly the one with Jean Marais :
he did a lot of movie action/adventure, with historical background, often, the action was during the XVIIth century. There were stories with the Man with the Iron Mask, and several others sotries....realy good entertainement

I haven't seen it, but if you say it's a "mockumentary", and if here there is no error when you wrote it on your keyboard, then it should be a movie by Jean-Pierre Mocky.

Well, I'm not sure on the translation, but in America, mockumentary is just slang for a film that's meant to seem like a documentary even though it's not (such as This is Spinal Tap or The Office).

I looked it up on IMDB, the French title of Man Bites Dog is "C'est arrivé près de chez vous", though I have no clue what that means. It says it was directed by Rémy Belvaux and André Bonzel.

I took a German Film class over the summer which really kickstarted my interest in foreign film. I've been checking out some Herzog films lately. I've seen a little bit of Asian cinema, but mostly just the films of Tashaki Miike, which I'm assuming isn't really that mainstream over there, though I could be wrong.

"Leon" is a great film, though the relationship between Jean Reno and Natalie Portman comes close to getting creepy, for me anyway.

I believe the film "Irreversible" was French, right? I don't know the French title, but I believe it stars Monica Bellucci as a woman who takes revenge on a man who rapes her. I haven't seen it, but I heard it was really good.

Actually, one of my current favorite directors is French, Michel Gondry. Pretty much everything he does is cool and interesting, and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was the best movie of 2004, hands-down.

Also, Godard was French, right? Is he considered as great a director in France as he is here in America? I've honestly never seen any of his films, but I've heard he was very influential on modern cinema.

I love too many to narrow it down
But my most favorites are

Manhunter
Blade Runner
Excalibur
Prophecy
Last of the Mohicans
Dracula
The Year of Living Dangerously
Mothman Prophecies
Heat
The Insider
Clint's Spaghetti Westerns
Tombstone

Bonnie said:
I love too many to narrow it down
But my most favorites are

Manhunter
Blade Runner
Excalibur
Prophecy
Last of the Mohicans
Dracula
The Year of Living Dangerously
Mothman Prophecies
Heat
The Insider
Clint's Spaghetti Westerns
Tombstone

Yay for Tombstone!!! Woohoo!!!

Which Dracula, Bonnie?

Bonnie said:
The one with Gary Oldman as hunky Vampire :teeth: YUM

And Val Kilmer was incredibly hot in Tombstone.

Bonnie, we have EXACTLY the same taste! Gary Oldman is my favorite actor, and Val Kilmer was smokin' in Tombstone.

I never thought any one could be a sexier Dracula than Frank Langella, until I saw Oldman in the role. Now he sets the standard.

Abbey Normal said:
Bonnie, we have EXACTLY the same taste! Gary Oldman is my favorite actor, and Val Kilmer was smokin' in Tombstone.

I never thought any one could be a sexier Dracula than Frank Langella, until I saw Oldman in the role. Now he sets the standard.

I have a couple of favorite scenes from Dracula but the one in which he sees her walking and he's wearing that blue jacket and glasses and he says "see me now" Swoon!!!

Bonnie said:
I have a couple of favorite scenes from Dracula but the one in which he sees her walking and he's wearing that blue jacket and glasses and he says "see me now" Swoon!!!

I'm weird, say NOTHING!

Glory

Bonnie said:

Swoon is the perfect word!

Between our taste in actors, and your great ACLU quote, I think we may have been separated at birth. :)

Abbey Normal said:
Swoon is the perfect word!

Between our taste in actors, and your great ACLU quote, I think we may have been separated at birth. :)

Stranger things have happened right LOL

Titanic, and Office Space.. Can't choose between the two. Titanic is the perfect love story. Office Space is the perfect comedy.

Shattered said:
Titanic, and Office Space.. Can't choose between the two. Titanic is the perfect love story. Office Space is the perfect comedy.

Get those TPS reports ready pronto..............

Office Space is good.

Have you guys seen The Office, either the American or British one? (British is a little better). It's the same type of humor, very funny stuff in there.

<i>...And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire... </i> -Milton (Milton rules!)

<i>Joanna: You're just not gonna go?
Peter Gibbons: Yeah.
Joanna: Won't you get fired?
Peter Gibbons: I don't know, but I really don't like it, and, uh, I'm not gonna go.
Joanna: So you're gonna quit?
Peter Gibbons: Nuh-uh. Not really. Uh... I'm just gonna stop going.
Joanna: When did you decide all that?
Peter Gibbons: About an hour ago.
Joanna: An hour ago... so you're gonna get another job?
Peter Gibbons: I don't think I'd like another job.
Joanna: Well, what are you going to do about money and bills and...
Peter Gibbons: You know, I've never really liked paying bills. I don't think I'm gonna do that, either. </i>

I have about a million of movies that I love, how could I pick just one over all the others...

Here are a few of them:

Monty Python - The Life of Brian
The Exorcist
Prophecy
Fallen
Pink Floyd - The Wall
Willow
Eric the Viking

no1tovote4 said:
I have about a million of movies that I love, how could I pick just one over all the others...

Here are a few of them:

Monty Python - The Life of Brian
The Exorcist

Prophecy
Fallen
Pink Floyd - The Wall
Willow
Eric the Viking

You mention 2 of my favorites!

Forum List

Back