Your all time favorite movie

Titanic, or Moll Flanders... (serious brownie points to males that are willing to sit down and watch either of them on a whim, since they're total chick-flicks).

Said1 said:
Coal Miner' Daughter.

I know, I know. Lame.

Don't ask me why.

Hey.. I forgot about that one.. Ok, maybe it's too hard to pick a single all time favorite movie...

And Fast Times At Ridgemont High, and there's just never going to be any end now...

North By Northwest - I consider this to be Alfred Hitchcock's best film

Gataca - a very under rated movie, but I believe that they'll be still talking about this one in 100 years

Forbidden Planet - believe it or not, this is the movie that the original "Star Trek" was based on

Star Wars Episode IV - before George Lucas went over to the "dark side"

Duck Soup - The Marx Brothers' funniest movie (and I have to say, Margaret Dumont was especially fetching in this one!)

Lord of the Rings (all three) - this is destined to be a classic

A Christmas Story - what can I say? It's just plain ol' funny and wears well with each additional viewing!

Speaking of comedies -- I can't pick of favorite of the King of Comedy, Charlie Chaplin. His Mutual Shorts are classics - "The Immigrant", "The Floor Walker", "The Cure", "The Rink". If you watch them, you'll soon realize who Lucille Ball, The Marx Brothers and several generations of comedians learned their craft from.

The Ten Commandments - Charlton Heston was good, but Yul Brenner was even better ("... so let it be written.... so let it be done!")

Blade Runner --- I haven't watched this one in almost 15 years, but I believe this was Harrison Ford's finest role.

"The Great Train Robbery/A Trip to the Moon" -- it's neat to watch these films because they were done when cinema was in its infancy, some of the techniques that we take for granted were still evolving.

Said1 said:
And Blue Hawaii

and the Breakfast Club

and

Uncle Buck

and

most Vincent Price movies.

I'll go with Breakfast Club, and Sound of Music, Team America and Glory

I'm sure you can all pick up the theme contained.

KarlMarx said:
Gataca - a very under rated movie, but I believe that they'll be still talking about this one in 100 years

I really liked Gatca and I'm not normally interested in that type of movie. I probably couldn't find the remote or something. :D

Kathianne said:
Wasn't that cool? :laugh: Blow up Paris. Whoops, sorry!
Thinking, the BC was filmed here, at New Trier I think..Yeah, found alot on New Trier and film:

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache...ier&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=3&client=firefox-a

Schmock, Jonathan

* Ferris Bueller's Day Off -- Chez Quis Maitre'd
* Some Kind of Wonderful -- Valet/Chauffer gambling with Watts Ally Sheedy as Allison Reynolds
* (Today he directs television sitcoms such as "Boy Meets World.")

Sheedy, Ally

* The Breakfast Club -- Allison Reynolds
* She's Having a Baby -- uncredited
* Only the Lonely -- Theresa
* Home Alone 2: Lost in New York -- New York Ticket Agent

Shelters

* Dutch -- Dutch and Doyle sleep at a center for misplaced families on the road home.
* Curly Sue -- Curly Sue and her Dad are homeless and often stay here.

Shermer (Chicago), Illinois 60062 - "One of America's Towns"

"When I first started making movies, I thought I would just invent a town where everything happened. Everybody, in all my movies, is from Shermer, Illinois. Del Griffith from Planes, Trains & Automobiles lives two doors down from Samantha Baker. Ferris Bueller knew Samantha Baker from Sixteen Candles. For 15 years I've written my Shermer stories in prose, collecting its history." --John Hughes, in Premiere magazine

* National Lampoon's Vacation
* Sixteen Candles
* The Breakfast Club Sound Clip Sound Clip Jon Cryer as Duckie in Pretty in Pink
* Pretty In Pink
* Weird Science
* Ferris Bueller's Day Off
* National Lampoon's European Vacation
* She's Having a Baby
* Planes, Trains & Automobiles
* The Great Outdoors (Chet's family is from here)
* Uncle Buck
* National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
* Home Alone
* Only the Lonely (Specifically city of Chicago, not Shermer)
* Dutch
* Curly Sue
* Home Alone 2: Lost in New York
* Home Alone 3
* Reach the Rock

* See also Glenbrook North High School, New Trier High School and Shermer, IL

Shermer High School

* Randi and Samantha Sixteen Candles
* The Breakfast Club Sound Clip
* Pretty In Pink
* Weird Science
* Ferris Bueller's Day Off Sound Clip
* Uncle Buck
* She's Having a Baby - Jake is a former graduate of Shermer High.
* Reach the Rock - Robin is a former drop-out.

* See also Shermer, Illinois (above)

Siblings in the Same Movie

* Sixteen Candles -- Molly and Beth Ringwald (Samantha Baker and Girl at Party), John and Joan Cusack (Bryce and Girl with Neckbrace)
* She's Having a Baby -- Elizabeth and Cammie McGovern (Kristy Briggs and Matron of Honor)
* Home Alone -- Macaulay and Kieran Culkin (Kevin McCallister and Cousin Fuller), Brittany and Porscha Radcliffe (Cousins)
* Career Opportunities -- Dermot and Kieran Mulroney (Nestor Pyle and Gil Kinney)
* Only the Lonely -- Macaulay and Kieran Culkin (Billy and Patrick, Jr.), Brittany and Porscha Radcliffe (Witch and Bum)
* Home Alone 2: Lost in New York -- Macaulay and Kieran Culkin (Kevin McCallister and Cousin Fuller), Brittany and Porscha Radcliffe (Cousins)
* Dennis the Menace -- Mason and Casey Gamble (Dennis and Boy Playing Hide and Seek)
* Baby's Day Out -- Adam Robert and Jacob Joseph Worton (Baby Bink)

Siblings, Nasty (or, Sibling Rivalry)

* National Lampoon's Vacation -- Rusty and Audry fight in the backseat on the long family road trip.
* Sixteen Candles -- Sam has a younger brother ("She only eats carrots to increase the size of her breasts!") and sister; it's because of older sister's Ginny's wedding that everyone forgets Sam's birthday.
* Weird Science -- Wyatt's brother Chet is a force not to be reckoned with (except by Lisa, that is).
* National Lampoon's European Vacation -- Rusty and Audry literally strangle each other in Paris.
* Ferris Bueller's Day Off -- Ferris' sister Jeannie rages with jealousy over her brother's pampered treatment.
* Home Alone -- Kevin's intimidated by his bully older brother Buzz.
* National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation -- Rusty and Audry are forced to sleep in the same bed when the relatives visit, much to Audrey's dismay. ("Get off me you little fungus!" - "I have nightmares about what he does in his bed alone when I'm not lying there right next to him.")
* Career Opportunities -- Jim and Penny bicker about their jobs and living at home with their parents.

Stein, Ben

* Ferris Bueller's Day Off -- Economics Teacher
* Planes, Trains & Automobiles -- Witchita Airport Rep
* Dennis the Menace -- Boss

Swanson, Kristy

* Pretty in Pink -- Girl at Dance (the one who gives Duckie the eye at the end)
* Ferris Bueller's Day Off -- Economics Student (Simone)

Shattered said:
And Fast Times At Ridgemont High, and there's just never going to be any end now...

Now THAT is a cool movie.

After than, Sean Penn went down hill.

(I'd sit through Titantic and Moll Flanders with you; and even act like I am enjoy them :D)

Forum List

Back