Your all time favorite movie

Shattered said:
Milton rules!
Uhhh excuse me... Mr. Lumberg, I haven't been recieving my paycheck, and
I talked to payroll and they told me to speak with you.

Ya...You're going to want to talk to payroll about that. Oh almost forgot
Going to need some space for some new people starting around here
so we need you to go ahead and move down into storage.

JOKER96BRAVO said:

LMAO!!!

I could watch that movie 100 times in a row.. There's still NOTHING that beats the Chicago style beating of the printer.. :D

JOKER96BRAVO said:

"I'm going to federal pound me in the ass prison"

Godard is a great director, yes, you're right. ;)
Like Truffaut.

"C'est Arrivé près de chez vous" is a belgian film, from and with Benoit Poelvoorde, it's realy a great movie, I liked it, with black humour...rzally nice ;)

Podium, as french movie, is not bad too, a comedy, with Benoit Poelvoorde.

fuzzykitten99 said:
the only scene i found funny in that movie was the 'daddy would you like some sausage?' part.
I disagree. There were two funny parts in that movie. "Daddy would you like some sausage" and "I only see one LeBaron. Freddie, did Daddy give you a LeBaron too".

I did see his latest talk show. It had its moments, but it's just hard for him to pull off his particular type of street humor when he's gone from "random weirdo with a mike" to "fading celebrity with a mike", y'know?

As for Freddy, I always saw it as a kind of meta-joke where he made the most retarded, offensive movie he possibly could in the same way he would act as retarded and annoying as he possibly could on the street in his show. Sure, it wasn't a good way to sell tickets, but that's how I always see it when I watch it. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one, but that's what I see.

In all fairness, though, the editing is terrible, and there are certainly a large amount of jokes that just fall flat (the rocket wheelchair for example).

I actually read the original draft of the script for Freddy Got Fingered that was actually way funnier, but they would've never pulled it off. Among other things, the movie ends with Tom Green using his money from the cartoon to buy a nuke and then setting it off in his Dad's bedroom. The film was supposed to end with all of the characters dying horrible deaths... except for the little boy who gets hurt all through the movie, he's the only one that lives. And as he crawls out of the rubble around him, he looks toward the sky and screams "Khhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" (from one of the Star Trek movies, can't remember which). And that was the end of the movie. The whole thing was like that, funny and unique but just absolutely too weird for a major studio to ever get behind it.

Dan said:
I did see his latest talk show. It had its moments, but it's just hard for him to pull off his particular type of street humor when he's gone from "random weirdo with a mike" to "fading celebrity with a mike", y'know?
Yeah, now do you remember when the guy with the chain saw guitar, or whatever the hell it was, came on and completely destroyed Tom's desk?

This was the moment I knew 'Tom Green' was done.

Why? Because he couldn't take it. His whole career had been built on harassing, annoying, and inconveniencing other people. And then the tables were turned. He was so upset he couldn't even go on with the show. He turned into a big pussy. What's more he wouldn't let it go. He complained about it for the first ten minutes of every show for the next two weeks, at which point he got the axe.

Just wondering if you saw that, and got the same take as I did.

the most retarded, offensive movie he possibly could in....that's how I always see it when I watch it. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one, but that's what I see.

Nope, that's exactly how I see it. And I hate it, I think it fails miserably.

I actually read the original draft of the script for Freddy Got Fingered that was actually way funnier, but they would've never pulled it off.

So your saying if they left it the way Tom wrote it it would have been better?

he looks toward the sky and screams "Khhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" (from one of the Star Trek movies, can't remember which).
2: Wrath of Khan

Just wondering if you saw that, and got the same take as I did.

I actually didn't see that, no. I saw two episodes back to back where he was trying to do his street thing and people kept coming up and saying stuff like "hey, Tom, where's Drew?" or something like that. I just kinda realized not that he had become a wuss or anything like that, but just that he had become too big for his show to work.

There was one funny bit I remember where he'd call random numbers out of a Russian phone book and prank call people, even though they weren't speaking english. It's hard to explain, and it was far from his best work, but it was pretty good.

I think the funniest thing he ever did on the show was the interview with his parents where he asked his mom what her favorite sexual position and act was, then tried to get his dad to admit he beats his mom. The best was the next morning when he put that statue of his Dad beating his mom and his dad and mom having sex on their front lawn. His Dad was so pissed.

I have 2 tapes of the best of the show he did in Canada, it's a lot of the same stuff MTV showed, but there were a few bits that were too gross for MTV, such as him going into a public toilet and playing with a turd that's in there. It wasn't really that funny, just gross.

Nope, that's exactly how I see it. And I hate it, I think it fails miserably.

That's cool. I'm certainly in the minority on this one. I dunno, I just like it for some reason, I like my comedy to either be really subtle or ridiculously over-the-top.

So your saying if they left it the way Tom wrote it it would have been better?

Mmmmmm, I'm not sure that I want to say that. It would've been less shocking for the sake of shock, and more weird, that's for sure. But, like I said, the editing and pacing of the movie is pretty horrible and that's the director's fault, and since Tom directed it, I couldn't see him pulling off any better than what was there.

Abbey Normal said:
Bonnie, we have EXACTLY the same taste! Gary Oldman is my favorite actor, and Val Kilmer was smokin' in Tombstone.

I never thought any one could be a sexier Dracula than Frank Langella, until I saw Oldman in the role. Now he sets the standard.

Abbey,
2 Oldman movies that he is at his best. . . Romeo is Bleeding and Leon the Professional.

Abbey Normal said:
Bonnie, we have EXACTLY the same taste! Gary Oldman is my favorite actor, and Val Kilmer was smokin' in Tombstone.

I never thought any one could be a sexier Dracula than Frank Langella, until I saw Oldman in the role. Now he sets the standard.

I'm yor Huckleberry.

Ya know, I used to not be able to decide on a "favorite" movie. Now, it's "Serenity." Go see "Serenity." It will rock your world.

Man, I hate it when a big sci-fi movie comes out. Every board I go to ends up with everyone talking about it and me getting left out of the loop.

It really bugs me how much I don't care for this Whedon guy. I tried like hell to get into Buffy, Angel, and Firefly, and was irritated with all of them. I did read that he wrote most of Toy Story, so that's cool.

But, if we're talking cult TV auteurs, I'm a real big fan of Judd Apatow (Freaks and Geeks, Undeclared, 40-Year-Old Virgin). Too bad he can't keep a show on the air longer than a few episodes! Undeclared debuted my freshman year at school and it was the most true-to-life college show I've ever seen.

Dan said:
Man, I hate it when a big sci-fi movie comes out. Every board I go to ends up with everyone talking about it and me getting left out of the loop.

It really bugs me how much I don't care for this Whedon guy. I tried like hell to get into Buffy, Angel, and Firefly, and was irritated with all of them. I did read that he wrote most of Toy Story, so that's cool.

But, if we're talking cult TV auteurs, I'm a real big fan of Judd Apatow (Freaks and Geeks, Undeclared, 40-Year-Old Virgin). Too bad he can't keep a show on the air longer than a few episodes! Undeclared debuted my freshman year at school and it was the most true-to-life college show I've ever seen.

This is really the only time I've cared this much, because I LOVE the series. I also don't really talk about it that much because there are too many surprise twists I don't want to ruin with spoilers.

Oldboy

it is a very deep movie about revenge. Fantastic. It comes from southkorea.

Hollywood saved rights to make a remake.

watch it, you won't be disappointed.

Forum List

Back