Young hero died protecting sister from molester

Agnapostate

Rookie
Sep 19, 2008
The Quake State
RT: News : Young hero died protecting sister from molester

A seven-year-old boy who died defending his older sister from a potential rapist has been honoured posthumously. Zhenya Tabakov's mother received the order of courage medal on behalf of her son.
Just over two months ago Galina lost her son and she's still struggling to get over the shock.

Zhenya was brutally murdered by a robber, as the boy was trying to save his 12-year-old sister from being raped.

It all happened in late November, in the small military town of Noginsk-9 - a place where even small crimes are rare.

Around midday, a man rang the bell of the flat where Zhenya and his family lived.

“I asked who it was. The man said he was the postman, and he needed to give us a telegram and get a signature. So I opened the door,” recalls Zhenya’s sister Yana.

The little girl says the man held a knife to her throat, and demanded that her brother bring him all the money he could find. Zhenya did as he was told. But when the man started undressing his sister it was more than the boy could bear.

Zhenya seized a knife from the kitchen and plunged it into the man's back. This didn't kill the attacker, but it was enough to set Zhenya's sister free. She ran for help. But it was too late for her brother - he was stabbed eight times.

(Continued at source...)

This goes to underscore my points both about youth being capable of the most immense acts of heroism, and the necessity of training youth in physical self-defense techniques. Had the stab wound been a better placed one to a jugular vein or carotid artery, Tabakov would be alive and the would-be rapist would be six feet under.

As I've mentioned previously, it is illustrative to consider the example of the Yequana indigenous people of Venezuela.

This is what Jean Liedloff had to say about the weapon mastery of young children in this indigenous society in her book, The Continuum Concept.

"The boys, from the age of about 18 months, practiced archery with sharp arrows, some enthusiasts carrying their bow and arrows about most of their waking hours, Shooting was not confined to designated places, nor were any 'safety rules' in effect. In my two and a half years there, I saw only one arrow wound."

The common belief that youth are incapable of responsible weapon handling and self-defense is especially false for adolescents and even for young children. When I was a Cub Scout at the range, I could have turned and fired my .22 at one of the other Scouts or the rangemaster. But why would I do something so inexplicable and absurd?

If anything, it's stories like this that indicate the critical importance of instructing youth in self-defense techniques, including weapons training.

I read this story a couple of days ago and I had to hold back tears.

The boy is a hero in the truest form.

If anything, it's stories like this that indicate the critical importance of instructing youth in self-defense techniques, including weapons training.

It's stories like these which make me thankful I don't live in Russia.

RT: News : Young hero died protecting sister from molester

A seven-year-old boy who died defending his older sister from a potential rapist has been honoured posthumously. Zhenya Tabakov's mother received the order of courage medal on behalf of her son.
Just over two months ago Galina lost her son and she's still struggling to get over the shock.

Zhenya was brutally murdered by a robber, as the boy was trying to save his 12-year-old sister from being raped.

It all happened in late November, in the small military town of Noginsk-9 - a place where even small crimes are rare.

Around midday, a man rang the bell of the flat where Zhenya and his family lived.

“I asked who it was. The man said he was the postman, and he needed to give us a telegram and get a signature. So I opened the door,” recalls Zhenya’s sister Yana.

The little girl says the man held a knife to her throat, and demanded that her brother bring him all the money he could find. Zhenya did as he was told. But when the man started undressing his sister it was more than the boy could bear.

Zhenya seized a knife from the kitchen and plunged it into the man's back. This didn't kill the attacker, but it was enough to set Zhenya's sister free. She ran for help. But it was too late for her brother - he was stabbed eight times.

(Continued at source...)

This goes to underscore my points both about youth being capable of the most immense acts of heroism, and the necessity of training youth in physical self-defense techniques. Had the stab wound been a better placed one to a jugular vein or carotid artery, Tabakov would be alive and the would-be rapist would be six feet under.

As I've mentioned previously, it is illustrative to consider the example of the Yequana indigenous people of Venezuela.

This is what Jean Liedloff had to say about the weapon mastery of young children in this indigenous society in her book, The Continuum Concept.

"The boys, from the age of about 18 months, practiced archery with sharp arrows, some enthusiasts carrying their bow and arrows about most of their waking hours, Shooting was not confined to designated places, nor were any 'safety rules' in effect. In my two and a half years there, I saw only one arrow wound."

The common belief that youth are incapable of responsible weapon handling and self-defense is especially false for adolescents and even for young children. When I was a Cub Scout at the range, I could have turned and fired my .22 at one of the other Scouts or the rangemaster. But why would I do something so inexplicable and absurd?

You are a first class fucking idiot.

The common belief that youth are incapable of responsible weapon handling and self-defense is especially false for adolescents and even for young children. When I was a Cub Scout at the range, I could have turned and fired my .22 at one of the other Scouts or the rangemaster. But why would I do something so inexplicable and absurd? If anything, it's stories like this that indicate the critical importance of instructing youth in self-defense techniques, including weapons training.

why indeed...

"CLAYTON, Mo. (AP) — A defense attorney for a 15-year-old Southeast Missouri boy says there's no evidence he murdered a neighbor in 2006.

His trial in the murder of 64-year-old Don McCollough is being held in St. Louis County on a change of venue.

Welty was 13 when he was charged with first-degree murder. The charge was amended Monday to second-degree murder."

seMissourian.com: Story: Opening statements begin in Bloomfield boy's murder trial

It's stories like these which make me thankful I don't live in Russia.

Why, because this could never happen in the US?

Most times I agree with what you post, but, you're starting to sound like and Idiot tech instead.

Thankful you don't live in Russia? Why? You prefer to have stories about mothers that kill their own children, and then get their mother and father as well as their brother to lie?

Ever hear of Casey Anthony? How about her little girl Caylee? Yeah.....be thankful you don't live in Russia.......

The crimes in the US are SO much better.......

Sex offenders and murderers need a bullet through the head. Bullets are cheap, so it won't cost taxpayers much money.

Super Glue is cheaper. Give them a chubby and then superglue their dick to their stomach.

If you're feeling particularly nasty, then go ahead and superglue their penis shut.

Butt cheeks if ya wanna.

Cheaper than bullets, and not much knowledge or skill required.

As far as weapons training? Well......considering that I'm a martial artist, as well as a couple of other things, I definitely see the value of this. Yep......start teaching them how to use the 8 limbed method of Mui Thai, and then work your way up from that. Next? Give 'em a bo staff, and show them how to break body parts with it. That is a useful art by the way, as a broom, mop, piece of PVC pipe........ANYTHING can become a weapon in the hands of a good artist.

Next? Bow and arrow (you see the succession, right?), and then sword training, as well as other bladed weapons.

Then, you teach them how to shoot.

Make your kids as deadly as possible, because the world today is a very rough place, as well as has some incredibly ghastly people in it that want nothing more than to kill and rape.

When I grew up? It was fistfights in the schoolyard as well as hunting. I didn't know what store bought meat was until I was 12. Everything that used to be living, if it was on the table? I had a hand in killing it. Learned to hunt and reload my own guns with brass shell casings (reloading the shells), as well as other things.

No wonder I joined the military.

And......I kinda wish that I knew then the things I know now. From age 6 up through 8? I had my ass kicked weekly (broken noses, bruises, etc.) by a 40 year old man that stood 6 feet tall, and probably weighed 180.

I was around 3 or 4 ft tall, and weighed 70 on a good day. He was my stepfather and liked to beat on my mother, as well as sexually abuse my half sister. Instead of allowing it to happen? I'd step up and tell him to take me on if he had a pair.

I usually lost, but, on occasion, I'd get in a good shot and he'd leave me alone.

Yeah........kids NEED to know how to fight and be dangerous. But.....don't let them become bullies.

You are a first class fucking idiot.

Don't do it, A-Rod. My heart lies in tatters.

why indeed...

"CLAYTON, Mo. (AP) — A defense attorney for a 15-year-old Southeast Missouri boy says there's no evidence he murdered a neighbor in 2006.

His trial in the murder of 64-year-old Don McCollough is being held in St. Louis County on a change of venue.

Welty was 13 when he was charged with first-degree murder. The charge was amended Monday to second-degree murder."

seMissourian.com: Story: Opening statements begin in Bloomfield boy's murder trial

What's your point? Youth have experienced significant declines in violence rates in recent years, and the fact that the Yequena, for instance, trained youth (not simply adolescents but young children) to handle weapons masterfully indicates that the inconsistency is obviously due to cultural differences rather than an inherent instability or irresponsibility of youth. Even our own nation's historical antiquity indicates that.

We did it in this country in the fifties but that was vefore half the kids in the country didn't know who their dad was. I ws hunting unsupervised with a bow and cleaning my own game not much after I could draw a 25lb pull recurve... Yes I predate compound bows by a few years...

Forum List

Back