You guys notice there are never really any pro Obama threads?

You watched the video, right?

He's playing the state v federal card which just isn't going to resonate and will make him look hypocritical.
Opinion... Meh...

It's a loser for him and he will avoid campaigning against it as a result.
If you have something where he supports 0bamacare in it's current abomination, then you'd have the makings of a point...

The point remains, if 0bamacare is smacked down by SCOTUS, that's a HUGE failure for your 0ssiah...

His only dissension from Obamacare that I can see is the State vs Federal argument....

And again, if SCOTUS kills the mandate then Romneycare suffers the same death.

He wants you to believe that, but in reality he wanted (though he now denies it) Romneycare to be a model for the entire country.

Romney Laughs Off Previous Support For A National Romneycare As An 'An Exaggeration' | ThinkProgress

Washington Examiner reporter Byron York offered Romney a second chance to explain the benefits of his health care plan. Instead, he tried to laugh off the relevance of his signature achievement as an “exaggeration“:

BYRON YORK: Governor, on health care, you’ve often said that the health care plan that you’ve created in Massachusetts would be a good model for some other states. You said, “Maybe not every state, but most.”
ROMNEY: I don’t think I said “most,” but –
YORK: On “Meet the Press” in 2007.
ROMNEY: Oh did I? Did I make that exaggeration? [Laughs].
YORK: So, what are some of the states that today would benefit by adopting the system that you created in Massachusetts?
ROMNEY: In its entirety? Not very many. Because it’s not even perfect for Massachusetts.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCkFJqCzSW0&feature=player_embedded]Will Romney Run From His '07 RJC Speech? - YouTube[/ame]

I said as far as I can see that's the only issue. You are just playing games now.

So yeah, unless you can play another card and show me another objection that does settle it.

THe point remains, if 0bamacare is spanked like Thornton then it's a HUGE loss for 0bama...

At least we can agree on that....

I agree if the mandate is struck down it's a loss for Obama, however, if Romney is running it won't be something the GOP can campaign on.

You can try your argument again if Romney is the nom... Right now, it's just spin....

Except for Ron Paul, there are not many threads that are pro anybody

THe point remains, if 0bamacare is spanked like Thornton then it's a HUGE loss for 0bama...

At least we can agree on that....

I agree if the mandate is struck down it's a loss for Obama, however, if Romney is running it won't be something the GOP can campaign on.

You can try your argument again if Romney is the nom... Right now, it's just spin....

Until SCOTUS comes down with their decision it's all just speculation.

And, artie... I have to laugh that you spent your time watching the game and posting play-by-play on the board... How sad that you have no life....

I'd have mailed you a beer if i knew you were that pathetic....

And House, pretending like you are a Rangers fan is just lame. Let's face it, there is no way your avatar has that hat on if they lost yesterday.

Been a fan all my life... Makes no difference to me if you believe that...

Your butthurt is classic, though...

Go blueshirts!...:thup:

That don't fly when you conveniently don your colors like that.

That said, I'm not butthurt over the game at all.

Like I said in the hockey thread during the game and immediately after it: I am fine with what I saw on the ice yesterday. The Rangers are a damned good team that I would rather not have to play in a seven game series but the Bruins are the better and deeper hockey club.

You can't deny that the Bruins controlled the action for most of the game and had several stretches where they were straight up pouring it on New York. I give the Rangers defense credit for sacrificing their bodies and blocking a lot of shots and Lundquist is a stud. There was none of that dominance from the Rangers..... they got their first goal at the end of a penalty kill with a guy streaking out the box and the other regulation goal was a one-timer off a freak bounce.

Losing with three seconds left in OT on a four on three is nothing to cry about......unless you are Tuukka Rask who was clearly losing his lunch over it.

Last edited:
And, artie... I have to laugh that you spent your time watching the game and posting play-by-play on the board... How sad that you have no life....

I'd have mailed you a beer if i knew you were that pathetic....

I made like 8 posts during the game.

I don't drink but thanks anyway.

And House, pretending like you are a Rangers fan is just lame. Let's face it, there is no way your avatar has that hat on if they lost yesterday.

I don my colors to get a rise out of losers...

I also like variety, so it's not always sports related...

That said, I'm not butthurt over the game at all.

Like I said in the hockey thread during the game and immediately after it: I am fine with what I saw on the ice yesterday. The Rangers are a damned good team that I would rather not have to play in a seven game series but the Bruins are the better and deeper hockey club.
You're free to feel that way, but the raw talent in gabs and calie shined through that game... The willingness of the D to block puck after puck, throwing body parts in the way of blasts from the point is courage to the max... Add in the talent of HEN-RIK and a high quality Biron and it's a fantastic combo...

You can't deny that the Bruins controlled the action for most of the game and had several stretches where they were straight up pouring it on New York. I give the Rangers defense credit for sacrificing their bodies and blocking a lot of shots and Lundquist is a stud. There was none of that dominance from the Rangers..... they got their first goal at the end of a penalty kill with a guy streaking out the box and the other regulation goal was a one-timer off a freak bounce.
More stupid turnovers then I can count made the bruins look better then they were... Thankfully Henrik was on his game... And he seems to find that zen when it's a big game... Friggin sweet...

Both teams had their fair share of momentum... Evenly matched game

Losing with three seconds left in OT on a four on three is nothing to cry about......unless you are Tuukka Rask who was clearly losing his lunch over it.
That was fucking hysterical...:lol:

Timmah didn't seem on tonight against the Flyers... I guess enough to win the SO...

I have no doubt that you put them up because you won and to get a rise. Congrats. But you also do a great job of earning a fair-weather fan label when you do that.

You're free to feel that way, but the raw talent in gabs and calie shined through that game... The willingness of the D to block puck after puck, throwing body parts in the way of blasts from the point is courage to the max... Add in the talent of HEN-RIK and a high quality Biron and it's a fantastic combo...

Gabs had a great game and I have nothing but props for your D and Lundy.

More stupid turnovers then I can count made the bruins look better then they were... Thankfully Henrik was on his game... And he seems to find that zen when it's a big game... Friggin sweet...

Turnovers isn't an excuse for those long stretches of sheer dominance the Bruins had in the New York zone.

Both teams had their fair share of momentum... Evenly matched game

Agree that momentum shifted between both teams but I can't agree that it was evenly matched in terms of time of possession or the level of control. The B's had them there.

Timmah didn't seem on tonight against the Flyers... I guess enough to win the SO...

I was laughing my ass off at Tuukka flipping out. He's still really young and has a serious temper problem. I dig his competitiveness but that needs to be contained a bit.

I didn't see the Bruins game this afternoon. Playoff football take precedence but yeah, Thomas has been in a slump for the last week or two.

I have no doubt that you put them up because you won and to get a rise. Congrats. But you also do a great job of earning a fair-weather fan label when you do that.
I didn't know there was a fair weather fan rule... You learn something new every day...:lol:

I could have easily "rocked my colors" all season if I wanted... I like variety, dude... You can gronk out all you like, but it's boring...

Gabs had a great game and I have nothing but props for your D and Lundy.

Turnovers isn't an excuse for those long stretches of sheer dominance the Bruins had in the New York zone.
Long stretches? Both teams had there share of dominance... Get over it...

Agree that momentum shifted between both teams but I can't agree that it was evenly matched in terms of time of possession or the level of control. The B's had them there.
That's because you're impartial... You probably thought the OT charging call was bogus too, right?

I was laughing my ass off at Tuukka flipping out. He's still really young and has a serious temper problem. I dig his competitiveness but that needs to be contained a bit.

I didn't see the Bruins game this afternoon. Playoff football take precedence but yeah, Thomas has been in a slump for the last week or two.

I'm sure I'll be rocking my colors in the future, but it isn't gonna be all the time...

See ya Feb 14th...lol

I didn't know there was a fair weather fan rule... You learn something new every day...:lol:

I could have easily "rocked my colors" all season if I wanted... I like variety, dude... You can gronk out all you like, but it's boring...

Long stretches? Both teams had there share of dominance... Get over it...

That's because you're impartial... You probably thought the OT charging call was bogus too, right?

I'm sure I'll be rocking my colors in the future, but it isn't gonna be all the time...

See ya Feb 14th...lol

Yes, long stretches of dominance. The Rangers didn't have any of them approaching what the Bruins had. I don't see how you can say otherwise.

No, I thought the OT call was totally legit. If I had an issue with it I would have long ago said so. My reaction in the hockey thread was "Jeez Andy" He's lucky he didn't hurt him very badly.

Sounds good, I look forward to the next game and I hope it is as good as this last one.

You might wanna try having those colors on before a win like that to avoid looking like a blatant fair-weather fan. Take a step back and see how it looks.

Last edited:
How many times do I have to tell you?

I "wear my colors" on my own time, regardless of how you see it...

Would you have them up if you lost Saturday?

Hell no, you wouldn't.

I posted them to get a rise out of bruins fans... It seems to have worked...:thup:

My posting of "colors" on USMB has no effect on my ability to root for my teams... This probably surprises you, doesn't it?

How many times do I have to tell you?

I "wear my colors" on my own time, regardless of how you see it...

Hell no, you wouldn't.

I posted them to get a rise out of bruins fans... It seems to have worked...:thup:

My posting of "colors" on USMB has no effect on my ability to root for my teams... This probably surprises you, doesn't it?

So you wouldn't have them up if you lost, hence the fair-weather label.

Thanks.

Hell no, you wouldn't.

So you wouldn't have them up if you lost, hence the fair-weather label.

Thanks.

You don't give up on your fail, do you?...:lol:

Again:

I posted one when they got OBL. Regardless of all the bs from the right, imo going into a nuclear country with an unstable government, that has proven itself hostile, while at home your political opponents are just HOPING you'll make any kind of big mistake they can seize upon, requires some real decision making. There were tons of easier routes he could have taken. Of course, even though I've consistently stated I think Obama sucks as a president, I got lambasted by the Right for having praised him on doing ANYTHING right (which of course, is always the case). I even read some idiot trying to give Bush the credit for it!

I also praised Obama for being the first Dem I've seen to talk about streamlining government. No he hasn't done it yet and I don't know if he ever will but again, The Right simply couldn't tolerate anyone stating anything positive about Obama. The petty insults and labels flew pretty quickly although. Oh darn. And of course there were those who felt if he couldn't fix everything all at once, he shouldn't even discuss trying at all. What? Do they think he's some kind of Messiah or something?

So I think Obama's done about a half dozen things right and about a hundred wrong. To The Extreme Righties, that makes me an "Obamabot"

What's interesting is, other than Ron Paul, I don't see a lot of threads started about ANY politician - be they Dem or Repub - being great. Maybe I've just missed them. Is there a "Newt Gingrich is so great because...." thread I haven't seen? One about Mitt? Rick? Herman? Bueller?

Forum List

Back