Anonymous Takes on the Obama Administration

Sep 30, 2011
Last edited:
Anonymous can be anybody.

Ergo, speaking of it as though it was an organization on a mission is somewhat misleading.

Anonymous can be anybody.

Ergo, speaking of it as though it was an organization on a mission is somewhat misleading.

It's an organization of the People and last time I checked, the People are an organization. Hence, the phrase "we are the 99%".

Anonymous are racists? Who knew?

I beg to differ the Anonymous Group is by no means racist but we are "racist" for injustice.

Sorry, buddy, attacking Obama makes y'all racists. Did you not get that memo?

Ohhhh, maybe it's just when it's the conservatives criticizing him that's racist.

I lose track these days. The definition of the word 'racist' seems to vary from day to day.

Anonymous are racists? Who knew?

I beg to differ the Anonymous Group is by no means racist but we are "racist" for injustice.

Ohhhh, maybe it's just when it's the conservatives criticizing him that's racist.

I lose track these days. The definition of the word 'racist' seems to vary from day to day.

The Anonymous Group is by no means in relation to a political ideology.

The Anonymous Group is by no means in relation to a political ideology.

Not my problem. It's the law... you criticize the Messiah, you is a racist. That's just how it is.

You cannot call a group of people without a leader an organization. Most people have no clue what anonymous is or how they work. The media likes to characterize them as an organization because people must label things. Anonymous is a collective, a hive mind. They discuss things on forums like this one and propose ideas to each other. These ideas can be varied in their forms from protesting to hacking or even prank calls or faxes to their targets. Some of them do it for the fun of it and some of them do it for moral reasons. Some of them choose not to participate at all.

The idea behind it is that good ideas will always rise to the top of any discussion because they will gain support and be promoted. In a sense they are truly democratic but within an anarchist framework. There is a broad range of people involved with very different ideologies. They participate in projects they agree on and sometimes people who would ordinarily hate each other will be on the same project and sometimes they will be opposed to each other. They do not try to impose their will on others except to influence opinion. Overall they are believers in freedom, especially freedoms gauranteed in the constitution.

Anonymous isn't an easily inderstood phenomenon especially to those who have been raised on the MSM. We are seeing the first major change to society that is the direct result of the internet/information age. It's a hydra that is constantly evolving and it's going to have a greater and greater impact on society.

You cannot call a group of people without a leader an organization. Most people have no clue what anonymous is or how they work. The media likes to characterize them as an organization because people must label things. Anonymous is a collective, a hive mind. They discuss things on forums like this one and propose ideas to each other. These ideas can be varied in their forms from protesting to hacking or even prank calls or faxes to their targets. Some of them do it for the fun of it and some of them do it for moral reasons. Some of them choose not to participate at all.

The idea behind it is that good ideas will always rise to the top of any discussion because they will gain support and be promoted. In a sense they are truly democratic but within an anarchist framework. There is a broad range of people involved with very different ideologies. They participate in projects they agree on and sometimes people who would ordinarily hate each other will be on the same project and sometimes they will be opposed to each other. They do not try to impose their will on others except to influence opinion. Overall they are believers in freedom, especially freedoms gauranteed in the constitution.

Anonymous isn't an easily inderstood phenomenon especially to those who have been raised on the MSM. We are seeing the first major change to society that is the direct result of the internet/information age. It's a hydra that is constantly evolving and it's going to have a greater and greater impact on society.

I've tried to discuss Anonymous on various boards, people who are accustomed to authoritarian hierarchical power structures just cannot get their heads around it.

The clip has nothing to do with President Obama and is just more dumb ass ban the Federal Reserve and return the US to a 19th century banking system

Should the Federal Reserve be Eliminated? If so, what would you replace it with?

Yes, the Fed should be eliminated. It need not be replaced with any central bank. The Fed oversees price controls...the price of money. Everybody knows that central price controls never work in the long run. The MARKET should determine the price of products and services, including the price of money (the interest rate).

For anyone that supports the Fed, why do you not then also support the government determining the price of televisions...or computers...or a can of soda?

Let the market determine the rate of interest and leave it at that.

Returning to a gold standard (or backing money with ANYTHING of real value) is a different issue, and one that doesn't require the existence of of central bank either way.

Hell yes, end the Fed.

For more in depth reading on the subject, I recommend "Where Keynes Went Wrong" by Hunter Lewis, published 2009. Thorough but also accessible.

The clip has nothing to do with President Obama and is just more dumb ass ban the Federal Reserve and return the US to a 19th century banking system

You don't get it.

I'm afraid I do

A strong federal reserve has protected our economy from wild swings and deep depressions for almost one hundred years. Destroying the federal reserve system would bring us back to an 1800s economy with wild swings, rampant speculation and massive unemployment at he whims of the market

You don't get it.

I'm afraid I do

A strong federal reserve has protected our economy from wild swings and deep depressions for almost one hundred years. Destroying the federal reserve system would bring us back to an 1800s economy with wild swings, rampant speculation and massive unemployment at he whims of the market

You are a real Keynesian, no doubt. Have you taken the time to consider the ideas of the Austrian/Chicago school (Mises, Hayek, etc)? We would argue that "protecting our economy from wild swings" is great for a period of time but eventually brings an irreversible crash in the long run...hyperinflation and war seem to be how these bubbles finally break. The history of central banks engaging price controls and devaluation of the currency is not good.

I'm quite lost on why you call yourself a "Right Winger" because the Federal Reserve System isn't by any means Constitutional and it Independence from the Federal Government is plain ole' mischievous if you look at America's economic history. I'm sorry that you don't like the video, if anybody support my cause, I urge to sign one of the petitions, the Change.org Petition can be signed anonymously unlike the one on the White House.

You don't get it.

I'm afraid I do

You are a real Keynesian, no doubt. Have you taken the time to consider the ideas of the Austrian/Chicago school (Mises, Hayek, etc)? We would argue that "protecting our economy from wild swings" is great for a period of time but eventually brings an irreversible crash in the long run...hyperinflation and war seem to be how these bubbles finally break. The history of central banks engaging price controls and devaluation of the currency is not good.

This is why I'm in favor of consolidating the Reserve back to the Authority to the Treasury Department. It was like this since the First Central Bank introduced by Alexander Hamilton and established after his death. :)

Forum List

Back