You don't need much meat.....just a little...

We eat far too much meat in this nation....I'm not complaining but it's the truth. There are plenty of protein sources that can sustain us with less expense and much less strain to our physical being than meat causes.

Years ago I knew a vegan who suffered from protein deficiency and he refused to take his doctor's advice to have one or two buffalo burgers a month...." That's all you need " he said....but because my friend was a religious Vegan he held out. Eventually he developed a horrible open sore on his nose that made it impossible for him to do his job as a department administrator who had to face dozens of people every day....so after checking with his Maharishi or whoever the hell his spiritual counselor was he decided to do two buffalo burgers a month..... Voila! His sore healed up is a matter of a few weeks and to this day this is all the meat he consumes..

JO
you don't need to eat any meat at all.

But I want to.
Go ahead IDGAF if you do

The last to be concerned about with the American diet is the amount of meat.
It is the high sodium, high sugar and highly processed franken-food.
That is what is killing everybody, what has caused such dramatic increases in diabetes and heart disease.

Actually the amount of meat eaten is a factor in heart disease
Not nearly too the extent of high sodium/sugar.
Our bodies are designed to process meat. Sure, it was never meant to process two big macs for lunch, a steak for dinner and bacon for breakfast, and then sit around and watch TV all day - but that is not a reasonable amount.
Diet is about moderation and balance... including meat. As well as caloric intake, and how active you are.
Look at the folks who live in the extreme north, they live on a high-high fat diet with a LOT of meat. And they have less problems than we do. But they are also 3 times as active and their bodies burn a ton calories staying warm.

We eat far too much meat in this nation....I'm not complaining but it's the truth. There are plenty of protein sources that can sustain us with less expense and much less strain to our physical being than meat causes.

Years ago I knew a vegan who suffered from protein deficiency and he refused to take his doctor's advice to have one or two buffalo burgers a month...." That's all you need " he said....but because my friend was a religious Vegan he held out. Eventually he developed a horrible open sore on his nose that made it impossible for him to do his job as a department administrator who had to face dozens of people every day....so after checking with his Maharishi or whoever the hell his spiritual counselor was he decided to do two buffalo burgers a month..... Voila! His sore healed up is a matter of a few weeks and to this day this is all the meat he consumes..

JO

I have been following a fellow named Marcus Rothkranz who is a vegan and a prolific health writer
he is 50 and looks like he's 27. He does say however that should you choose to be a vegan you must do it correctly. That I believe.

JO
It's easy to do correctly

I adopted a whole food vegan diet 3 months ago and feel so good I don't think I'll ever go back to eating meat.

Great! More for my friends and me!

JO
Nice story but buffalo burgers

Really

I hate the things myself....they are too dry. But according to the meat analysis they are very dense with proteins and amino acids and almost devoid of fat.

JO
Beef or buffalo is not the best meat period

JO

But I want to.
Go ahead IDGAF if you do

Is that a sort of native dance?

That is what is killing everybody, what has caused such dramatic increases in diabetes and heart disease.

True as people who eat lean meat and exercise do not have heart disease

The less meat they eat the less likely they are to have heart disease.

Actually diet and exercise are of equal importance. Meat proteins are also superior to vegetable proteins as monkeys and apes prove

Our bodies are designed to process meat. Sure, it was never meant to process two big macs for lunch, a steak for dinner and bacon for breakfast, and then sit around and watch TV all day - but that is not a reasonable amount.
Diet is about moderation and balance... including meat. As well as caloric intake, and how active you are.
Look at the folks who live in the extreme north, they live on a high-high fat diet with a LOT of meat. And they have less problems than we do. But they are also 3 times as active and their bodies burn a ton calories staying warm.

Actually we are far closer to gorillas in our digestive system than to lions.

And if you want to talk about evolution then you have to take into account that humans ate far less meat than they do today and that meat was all wild game and nothing like the overly fattened, steroid and antibiotic ridden meats of today

Bu the fact remains that meat is not a neceesary part of a healthy diet

yeah and you can also say the less sun you have the less likely you will get skin cancer...so do you never go into the sun?
A healthy diet is a balanced diet. And not one nutritionist out there will tell you to never eat meat.
A vegetation diet can absolutely be just as unhealthy if there is no balance

Actually we are far closer to gorillas in our digestive system than to lions.

And if you want to talk about evolution then you have to take into account that humans ate far less meat than they do today and that meat was all wild game and nothing like the overly fattened, steroid and antibiotic ridden meats of today

Bu the fact remains that meat is not a neceesary part of a healthy diet
What is the average iq of a gorilla

1588345152020.png

Actually diet and exercise are of equal importance. Meat proteins are also superior to vegetable proteins as monkeys and apes prove
Diet is more important than exercise.

And all protein comes from plants. There is no superiority in animal protein.

Quite frankly we are obsessed with protein and ingest far more than is needed

It’s the vitamin B12.

Has there ever been a legitimate study that indicates longer life span for vegetarians?
I think I remember studies of people who are lean and eat less calories throughout life, live longer..... and those could be vegetarians?

We eat far too much meat in this nation...
Granted. People eat a lot of meat and suffer from obesity.
less strain to our physical being
Nah. The lazy-ass diet without exercise doesn't help.
vegan who suffered from protein deficiency
And Catholics eat fish on Friday, and pout because it isn't "real meat."
doctor's advice to have one or two buffalo burgers a month...." That's all you need
People are lying through their teeth, poaching big game with stolen firearms, and wasting much of the meat.

The "offal" is the organ meats, such as liver, kidney, spleen, heart, tongue, lungs, brain, etc. and even the intestines which are traditionally used as sausage casing.

Has there ever been a legitimate study that indicates longer life span for vegetarians?

This study says nothing about longevity (other than the title).

Since heart disease is the number one killer the less likelihood you have of developing heart disease the more likely you are to live longer

It’s the vitamin B12.
And the increased amino acid profile of meat

Forum List

Back