You don't need much meat.....just a little...

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
We eat far too much meat in this nation....I'm not complaining but it's the truth. There are plenty of protein sources that can sustain us with less expense and much less strain to our physical being than meat causes.

Years ago I knew a vegan who suffered from protein deficiency and he refused to take his doctor's advice to have one or two buffalo burgers a month...." That's all you need " he said....but because my friend was a religious Vegan he held out. Eventually he developed a horrible open sore on his nose that made it impossible for him to do his job as a department administrator who had to face dozens of people every day....so after checking with his Maharishi or whoever the hell his spiritual counselor was he decided to do two buffalo burgers a month..... Voila! His sore healed up is a matter of a few weeks and to this day this is all the meat he consumes..

JO

I wouldn't want to spoil my pretty face, so I'll eat meat every day.

I am an enormous carnivore...lol.....
I had to cut back for health reasons and though I don't keep track I'm probably close to being a daily guy too. I thought it was interesting to note though that our actual needs are very small and that most amino acids are available from plants with one or two that are very hard to find available in meat. But once that need is satisfied we don't actually need the meat for some time...

JO

.....I eat a lot of meat..I'm in perfect health

Yeah....I didn't mean to say it was unhealthy....only that we are in no danger during a meat shortage.
The actual amount we need will always be there and the market will always bounce back. Hell I have a Nephew away up on the canadian border who has a freezer full of skinned squirrel.... He's not concerned about the pork or beef markets at all...lol.

JO

Yeah....I didn't mean to say it was unhealthy....only that we are in no danger during a meat shortage.
The actual amount we need will always be there and the market will always bounce back. Hell I have a Nephew away up on the canadian border who has a freezer full of skinned squirrel.... He's not concerned about the pork or beef markets at all...lol.

JO
won't it be like the TP shortage with IDIOTS hoarding?

..I surf radio channels in the mornings and they have these expert farmers on one...I thought they said corn planting is up this year from last...I think .....

..I surf radio channels in the mornings and they have these expert farmers on one...I thought they said corn planting is up this year from last...I think .....

It probably is..... we are living in the surreal world of disinformation and deception.... it has become so bad that we almost need to travel to the spot to find out what's going on because it's almost certain that the mass media info is jilted and has an untruthful agenda.

JO

JO
won't it be like the TP shortage with IDIOTS hoarding?

You can always find small amounts of frozen meat....if we see a meat shortage it won't be due to actual shortage it will be a contrived one forced on us to make us afraid. If we needed to do it we could survive quite well on less than a pound a month of red meat and be perfectly healthy....the meat shortage is no real threat to our existence only to our lifestyles....lol

We eat far too much meat in this nation....I'm not complaining but it's the truth. There are plenty of protein sources that can sustain us with less expense and much less strain to our physical being than meat causes.

Years ago I knew a vegan who suffered from protein deficiency and he refused to take his doctor's advice to have one or two buffalo burgers a month...." That's all you need " he said....but because my friend was a religious Vegan he held out. Eventually he developed a horrible open sore on his nose that made it impossible for him to do his job as a department administrator who had to face dozens of people every day....so after checking with his Maharishi or whoever the hell his spiritual counselor was he decided to do two buffalo burgers a month..... Voila! His sore healed up is a matter of a few weeks and to this day this is all the meat he consumes..

JO
you don't need to eat any meat at all.

JO

I have been following a fellow named Marcus Rothkranz who is a vegan and a prolific health writer
he is 50 and looks like he's 27. He does say however that should you choose to be a vegan you must do it correctly. That I believe.

JO

JO
Better to be meathead than vegan

People who believe in the dietary guidelines from HHS regarding eating meat are fools.

I think meat is perfectly ok, unless you 2 tons of meat every single day lol :biggrin:
Personally I don't like meat too much I prefer vegetables....I'm (almost) vegetarian
Anyways I think justoffal is correct: not only in America but almost everywhere (except some very poor countries) people maybe eat too much meat.
Here in the Philippines I've often seen this phenomenon (even if this is not a fully developed country) :eusa_think:

JO

I have been following a fellow named Marcus Rothkranz who is a vegan and a prolific health writer
he is 50 and looks like he's 27. He does say however that should you choose to be a vegan you must do it correctly. That I believe.

JO
It's easy to do correctly

I adopted a whole food vegan diet 3 months ago and feel so good I don't think I'll ever go back to eating meat.

JO

JO

I adopted a whole food vegan diet 3 months ago and feel so good I don't think I'll ever go back to eating meat.

Any Particular regimen or are you just doing your own?

JO

The gover

JO

JO

This qualifies you to make that decision for all 337 million of us.

JO

JO

Any Particular regimen or are you just doing your own?

JO

I'm not following any one regimen but rather taking info from multiple places

Forum List

Back