You don't need much meat.....just a little...

We eat far too much meat in this nation....I'm not complaining but it's the truth. There are plenty of protein sources that can sustain us with less expense and much less strain to our physical being than meat causes.

Years ago I knew a vegan who suffered from protein deficiency and he refused to take his doctor's advice to have one or two buffalo burgers a month...." That's all you need " he said....but because my friend was a religious Vegan he held out. Eventually he developed a horrible open sore on his nose that made it impossible for him to do his job as a department administrator who had to face dozens of people every day....so after checking with his Maharishi or whoever the hell his spiritual counselor was he decided to do two buffalo burgers a month..... Voila! His sore healed up is a matter of a few weeks and to this day this is all the meat he consumes..

JO
My daughter was in a class full of vegans when she went to George Mason. She said their skin looked diseased, their hair was lacking the proteins and their attitude was just full of anger. I told her it was because they werent getting the proper amino acids that can only come from MEATS. So i told her one day to go in wearing her brothers, lambskin jacket, leather loafers, and have a slim jim in her mouth. She told me they would kill her. That is how angry people get when they eat bullshit plant materials...Leave that shit to the cows, then we eat the cows, thus we eat the plants eventually.

The last to be concerned about with the American diet is the amount of meat.
It is the high sodium, high sugar and highly processed franken-food.
That is what is killing everybody, what has caused such dramatic increases in diabetes and heart disease.

Actually the amount of meat eaten is a factor in heart disease
Not nearly too the extent of high sodium/sugar.
Our bodies are designed to process meat. Sure, it was never meant to process two big macs for lunch, a steak for dinner and bacon for breakfast, and then sit around and watch TV all day - but that is not a reasonable amount.
Diet is about moderation and balance... including meat. As well as caloric intake, and how active you are.
Look at the folks who live in the extreme north, they live on a high-high fat diet with a LOT of meat. And they have less problems than we do. But they are also 3 times as active and their bodies burn a ton calories staying warm.

Actually we are far closer to gorillas in our digestive system than to lions.

And if you want to talk about evolution then you have to take into account that humans ate far less meat than they do today and that meat was all wild game and nothing like the overly fattened, steroid and antibiotic ridden meats of today

Bu the fact remains that meat is not a neceesary part of a healthy diet
Wrong again.
Humans would never have evolved to be what we are if we maintained a plant based diet.
The fact we evolved with vastly superior intelligence is because we ate meat.
The more intelligent a being is, the more protein and carbohydrates it needs to function properly.
Again, that doesn't mean one needs to eat 2000 calories of meat a day by any stretch, but the fact is meat is an outstanding source of protein as well as the pleasure of eating it is scientifically proven to improve our moods.
Meat is good for you. In moderation, and combined with a healthy balance of vegetables and fruits.
Saying otherwise is just dumb.

And isn't it theorized by the scientists, that our brain size grew rapidly once we began eating more meat, because we discovered fire, which allows meat to be digested easier by our bodies...??

Or something like that...???

I think meat is perfectly ok, unless you 2 tons of meat every single day lol :biggrin:
Personally I don't like meat too much I prefer vegetables....I'm (almost) vegetarian
Anyways I think justoffal is correct: not only in America but almost everywhere (except some very poor countries) people maybe eat too much meat.
Here in the Philippines I've often seen this phenomenon (even if this is not a fully developed country) :eusa_think:
A major problem with Vegan lifestyles is that meat products when consumed eventually come out as solid excrement. Plant material usually comes out as flatulence which by AOC's standards is a major cause of Global Warming. So be against the planet eat more plants....

They found every three per cent increase in calories from plant protein was found to reduce risk of death by 10 per cent. The figure rises to 12 per cent for risk of dying from heart disease.

Wow, who knew? According to your ex-spurts, if I increase my caloric intake from plant protein by 30%, I'll reduce my risk of death by ONE HUNDRED PERCERT.

That is what is killing everybody, what has caused such dramatic increases in diabetes and heart disease.

True as people who eat lean meat and exercise do not have heart disease

The less meat they eat the less likely they are to have heart disease.
Actually diet and exercise are of equal importance. Meat proteins are also superior to vegetable proteins as monkeys and apes prove

It’s the vitamin B12.

B12 is not made by animals.

95% of all the B12 supplements produced are used for the livestock industry.

B12 is naturally made by soil bacteria but since most factory farmed animals do not graze they must be given B12 supplements

They found every three per cent increase in calories from plant protein was found to reduce risk of death by 10 per cent. The figure rises to 12 per cent for risk of dying from heart disease.

Wow, who knew? According to your ex-spurts, if I increase my caloric intake from plant protein by 30%, I'll reduce my risk of death by ONE HUNDRED PERCERT.

It's the risk of dying from HEART DISEASE you dolt

And isn't it theorized by the scientists, that our brain size grew rapidly once we began eating more meat, because we discovered fire, which allows meat to be digested easier by our bodies...??

Or something like that...???
Yes.
Our closest relatives, other primates, eat pretty much the same things every day. They can only eat what is available in their surroundings. Early man ate meat. PERIOD. We are absolutely, by design, omnivores. And as a direct result of eating it we evolved larger, and more importantly, more highly effective brains. Our brains fire off 100 times more neuron transmissions than apes. And what is needed by the brain to produce neuron transmitters?? - Protein and carbohydrates.

We eat far too much meat in this nation....I'm not complaining but it's the truth. There are plenty of protein sources that can sustain us with less expense and much less strain to our physical being than meat causes.

Years ago I knew a vegan who suffered from protein deficiency and he refused to take his doctor's advice to have one or two buffalo burgers a month...." That's all you need " he said....but because my friend was a religious Vegan he held out. Eventually he developed a horrible open sore on his nose that made it impossible for him to do his job as a department administrator who had to face dozens of people every day....so after checking with his Maharishi or whoever the hell his spiritual counselor was he decided to do two buffalo burgers a month..... Voila! His sore healed up is a matter of a few weeks and to this day this is all the meat he consumes..

JO
Nice story but buffalo burgers

Really

I hate the things myself....they are too dry. But according to the meat analysis they are very dense with proteins and amino acids and almost devoid of fat.

JO
Beef or buffalo is not the best meat period

Simple, don't eat them! Problem solved!

Our bodies are designed to process meat. Sure, it was never meant to process two big macs for lunch, a steak for dinner and bacon for breakfast, and then sit around and watch TV all day - but that is not a reasonable amount.
Diet is about moderation and balance... including meat. As well as caloric intake, and how active you are.
Look at the folks who live in the extreme north, they live on a high-high fat diet with a LOT of meat. And they have less problems than we do. But they are also 3 times as active and their bodies burn a ton calories staying warm.

And if you want to talk about evolution then you have to take into account that humans ate far less meat than they do today and that meat was all wild game and nothing like the overly fattened, steroid and antibiotic ridden meats of today

Wrong again.
Humans would never have evolved to be what we are if we maintained a plant based diet.
The more intelligent a being is, the more protein and carbohydrates it needs to function properly.
Again, that doesn't mean one needs to eat 2000 calories of meat a day by any stretch, but the fact is meat is an outstanding source of protein as well as the pleasure of eating it is scientifically proven to improve our moods.
Meat is good for you. In moderation, and combined with a healthy balance of vegetables and fruits.

I never said anything about evolution but prehistoric man did not eat the amount of meat we are eating today and the meat eaten back then was not the over fattened, steroid and antibiotic ridden shit it is today.

And in those times eating meat was a matter of survival but it is not necessary to eat meat in this day and age

Actually diet and exercise are of equal importance. Meat proteins are also superior to vegetable proteins as monkeys and apes prove

It’s the vitamin B12.

B12 is naturally made by soil bacteria but since most factory farmed animals do not graze they must be given B12 supplements
Dude there are amino acids in meat that are not found in plants. I can rack pull 600lbs and bicycle 50 miles afterward

JO
Nice story but buffalo burgers

Really

I hate the things myself....they are too dry. But according to the meat analysis they are very dense with proteins and amino acids and almost devoid of fat.

JO
Beef or buffalo is not the best meat period

Simple, don't eat them! Problem solved!
No reason to pay extra for buffalo and I do not

It’s the vitamin B12.

Dude there are amino acids in meat that are not found in plants. I can rack pull 600lbs and bicycle 50 miles afterward

Which ones exactly?

And amino acids do not give you energy

JO
Joseph Smith was wrong.

We can eat lots of meat and drink coffee and tea.

It’s the vitamin B12.

Which ones exactly?

And amino acids do not give you energy

Two years ago, the whole house was full of vegan.

Three of us sneaked off to Chik-fil-a, in protest.

Wrong again.

I never said anything about evolution but prehistoric man did not eat the amount of meat we are eating today and the meat eaten back then was not the over fattened, steroid and antibiotic ridden shit it is today.

And in those times eating meat was a matter of survival but it is not necessary to eat meat in this day and age
Silly post.
I get all of my meat from a local butcher that has written guarantees all over their store that all of the meat comes from within 100 miles of the store and none from meat processing plants. Chickens are all grown by 2 different Amish chicken farms a county away.
You will get no argument from me on corporate franken-foods.
For the silly part... it would be totally inconceivable to believe that 7.6 BILLION people on this planet could survive on only vegetables. That is laughably dumb and naive.

Forum List

Back