Yet Another Leftwing Celebration of Religious Freedom

Remember, the people crying about the cross vandalism are the same ones that supported the vandalism of a Mexican flag in the other thread, and even had suggestions that they burn the Mexican flag. All while going nuts if a anybody burned the american flag. So we know they are dishonest and completely full of shit, or just way to stupid to realize it

Really?... show me where I did that

I had mixed opinions on that incident.... the kid should not have thrown it away... much like you don't find someone's book or play script or jacket on school property and just throw it away

You're the one who is a disingenuous and dishonest piece of shit.... as proven once again

Yeah, of course you'd think that. QFT:

I can't even imagine anyone getting worked up about this enough to go and steal someone's war memorial.

This is not an issue that stirs emotions on the left. The ACLU lawsuit is in my opinion, frivolous and foolish.

Who the hell cares if someone put a war memorial in a national park, religious or not?

Really?? When they were worked up enough about it to try and get it taken down thru a long and drawn out court process

Hence the motive. The case went to the Supreme Court, which ruled in favor of the land transfer to private ownership, allowing the cross to be restored to its place. It wasn't a rightwing group opposing the cross.

I believe boedicca is right. And I would extend that bet to include that if the culprit is found, his/her political affiliation will only be reported by Fox News - unless it's someone who voted for Bush - in which case it will make headlines of the NYT. And of course you guys won't believe it then. So I guess we'll have to make up our own minds.

Really?? When they were worked up enough about it to try and get it taken down thru a long and drawn out court process

That's because the ACLU was obviously fighting for the larger issue of Church/State separation, not for the particular issue of removing the memorial.

The removal of the memorial actually hurts their ambition to make this into a larger issue.

And again, I feel that the ACLU was foolish to do any of this in the first place.

GTH:

Read the thread, bub.

Asked and answered.

I don't have the patience to read through four pages of bullshit.

Does anyone have any proof that this was politically motivated?

Sorry. If you don't have the time and patience to read the thread, I don't have the time and patience to write a Message Boards For Dummies Cliff Notes version for you.

Hence the motive. The case went to the Supreme Court, which ruled in favor of the land transfer to private ownership, allowing the cross to be restored to its place. It wasn't a rightwing group opposing the cross.

What group was it that originally brought the suit?

The ACLU wouldn't have brought the case themselves, they would have been supporting the originator of the suit.

That's because the ACLU was obviously fighting for the larger issue of Church/State separation, not for the particular issue of removing the memorial.

The removal of the memorial actually hurts their ambition to make this into a larger issue.

And again, I feel that the ACLU was foolish to do any of this in the first place.

The ACLU is a leftwing group. The motive lies with those who share their ideology to perform the vandalism. It certainly wasn't the group of senior citizens who wanted to say grace before their meals.

Not just the ACLU.. but the numerous wingnuts who were publicly calling for the teardown in their political activism...

And no... before someone asks.. I do not think the ACLU was behind this

Recently, the Supreme Court ruled that the Veterans Memorial in the Mojave Desert could remain - the land on which the cross stood was private property.

Vandals have trespassed and removed the cross. Yet another display of the Left's "respect" for religious freedom.

he 7-foot-tall metal cross that has stood in California's Mojave Desert for 75 years and withstood a hard-fought battle in the Supreme Court was ripped down and stolen Sunday night, according to park officials.

"This is an outrage, akin to desecrating people's graves," said Kelly Shackelford, president of the Liberty Institute, which represents the caretakers of the Mojave Desert War Memorial. "It's a disgraceful attack on the selfless sacrifice of our veterans. We will not rest until this memorial is re-installed."

The National Park Service says someone cut the metal bolts holding the metal-pipe cross to the top of Sunrise Rock and made off with it Sunday night or before dawn on Monday.

Veterans groups are outraged at the theft of the memorial symbol that was erected in 1934 by the Veterans of Foreign Wars to honor World War I dead....

FOXNews.com - Thieves Steal Mojave Desert Memorial Cross in Nighttime Heist

Yeah, they tore down my brother's cross too, and broke his picture frame and ripped up his picture and it too was on private property and we had the permission of the owners of the land.

I don't understand what this country is coming to, but then again, I'm pretty sure it won't be her much longer.

Yeah, they tore down my brother's cross too, and broke his picture frame and ripped up his picture and it too was on private property and we had the permission of the owners of the land.

I don't understand what this country is coming to, but then again, I'm pretty sure it won't be her much longer.

That is absolutely appalling. I am very sorry your family was subjected to such disgusting harassment.

That is absolutely appalling. I am very sorry your family was subjected to such disgusting harassment.

Me too. It makes it very hard to be understanding for those "holier than thou" atheists.

I already said, I'll retract my suspicion if they perpetrators are found to be otherwise. The likelihood is that they are leftwing. The involvement of the ACLU indicates a leftwing agenda of getting rid of the cross.

bulloney boe....you are making untrue and unfounded accusations...it is you who should retract this statement NOW, until the perps are caught and identified....

right now YOU are the one making crap up for the sake of political rhetoric....and YOU KNOW IT....and I know it....and we on the board know it! :lol: this is a political message board, and this is nothing new......people do it all the time, from the left and the right.

I am sticking by my theory - and have offered a bet of $100 to anyone who wishes to wager against the perpetrators being leftwing.

The incident is highly suspicious - and the ideology which sought to remove the cross in the first place is the most likely one associated with those who vandalized and stole the cross.

Remember, the people crying about the cross vandalism are the same ones that supported the vandalism of a Mexican flag in the other thread, and even had suggestions that they burn the Mexican flag. All while going nuts if a anybody burned the american flag. So we know they are dishonest and completely full of shit, or just way to stupid to realize it

Really?... show me where I did that

I had mixed opinions on that incident.... the kid should not have thrown it away... much like you don't find someone's book or play script or jacket on school property and just throw it away

You're the one who is a disingenuous and dishonest piece of shit.... as proven once again

Sorry douchedave, not everything revolves around you. If you were not so disingenuous, you would see that I never addressed you specifically. But hey, its all about you, right :cuckoo: sorry, you just prove over and over what a pathetic, ignorant, moronic hack you are. But say it about me, my words speak for myself, and so does yours

I heard that a tea party group stole it to make lefties look bad.

I heard you were a racist. Of course, I am smart enough to know that you are not. I also heard you were an idiot.... Pity that you keep providing evidence that you actually are.

The OP made no claim that the ACLU stole the sign. She commented that it would be a left wing group who stole the sign. She's right. It is more likely to be a left wing whiner than a right wing whiner. The hatred of religion comes from the left, not the right.

BIG TIME HYPOCRITE right here Cali Girl....you go through a song and a dance every time BP is mentioned and defend them till blue in the face and say all the time we are wrong to judge them for this accident because we do not have all the facts yet....

:rofl:

But NOW you say this crapola???? We are on to you girl....

not that there is anything wrong with being partisan and spewing partisan rhetoric on a political message board....it is what the board is....a place to do just that.....

BUT please don't be giving holier than thou posts claiming our accusations towards bp are unfair yahdeedah.....

Care

what a pathetic, ignorant, moronic hack ... But say it about me, my words speak for myself

How Refreshingly & Surprisingly Self-Aware you are today!

GTH:

Read the thread, bub.

Asked and answered.

I don't have the patience to read through four pages of bullshit.

Does anyone have any proof that this was politically motivated?

Sorry. If you don't have the time and patience to read the thread, I don't have the time and patience to write a Message Boards For Dummies Cliff Notes version for you.

In other words, you don't know who stole this cross and why they stole it.

Let me give you the Cliff Notes version of that:

You are talking out of your ass.

I can't even imagine anyone getting worked up about this enough to go and steal someone's war memorial.

This is not an issue that stirs emotions on the left. The ACLU lawsuit is in my opinion, frivolous and foolish.

Who the hell cares if someone put a war memorial in a national park, religious or not?

Wow, Columbo. Make sure you notify the feds. We can call it a rap. "Book 'em, Danno!"

Recently, the Supreme Court ruled that the Veterans Memorial in the Mojave Desert could remain - the land on which the cross stood was private property.

Vandals have trespassed and removed the cross. Yet another display of the Left's "respect" for religious freedom.

he 7-foot-tall metal cross that has stood in California's Mojave Desert for 75 years and withstood a hard-fought battle in the Supreme Court was ripped down and stolen Sunday night, according to park officials.

"This is an outrage, akin to desecrating people's graves," said Kelly Shackelford, president of the Liberty Institute, which represents the caretakers of the Mojave Desert War Memorial. "It's a disgraceful attack on the selfless sacrifice of our veterans. We will not rest until this memorial is re-installed."

The National Park Service says someone cut the metal bolts holding the metal-pipe cross to the top of Sunrise Rock and made off with it Sunday night or before dawn on Monday.

Veterans groups are outraged at the theft of the memorial symbol that was erected in 1934 by the Veterans of Foreign Wars to honor World War I dead....

FOXNews.com - Thieves Steal Mojave Desert Memorial Cross in Nighttime Heist

Who is "they"?

Forum List

Back