Yet Another Leftwing Celebration of Religious Freedom

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
Recently, the Supreme Court ruled that the Veterans Memorial in the Mojave Desert could remain - the land on which the cross stood was private property.

Vandals have trespassed and removed the cross. Yet another display of the Left's "respect" for religious freedom.

he 7-foot-tall metal cross that has stood in California's Mojave Desert for 75 years and withstood a hard-fought battle in the Supreme Court was ripped down and stolen Sunday night, according to park officials.

"This is an outrage, akin to desecrating people's graves," said Kelly Shackelford, president of the Liberty Institute, which represents the caretakers of the Mojave Desert War Memorial. "It's a disgraceful attack on the selfless sacrifice of our veterans. We will not rest until this memorial is re-installed."

The National Park Service says someone cut the metal bolts holding the metal-pipe cross to the top of Sunrise Rock and made off with it Sunday night or before dawn on Monday.

Veterans groups are outraged at the theft of the memorial symbol that was erected in 1934 by the Veterans of Foreign Wars to honor World War I dead....

FOXNews.com - Thieves Steal Mojave Desert Memorial Cross in Nighttime Heist

Prove that the incident is "made up".

The suit to remove the cross was supported by the ACLU. It's quite clear that the attacks on the cross are leftwing.

Prove that the incident is "made up".
You know with 100% certainty what the thieves politics are?

Be careful. This could be another incident like the one recently when the Arbeit macht frei sign was stolen from Auschwitz and people were up in arms claiming Hitler had risen from the dead. Then it turned out to be just a bunch of apolitical scroungers looking to make some cash off a WWII collector.

dup post

Last edited:
I'll retract my statement if the perpetrators are discovered and found not to have a leftwing agenda. The agenda of the ACLU is well known - and they were the main organization supporting the court case.

Until then, the likelihood that they are lefties is about the same as Shahzad having ties to Islamic extremists.

Yet another moron hack troll making shit up. Get a life you piece of shit

Are you saying that the cross WASN'T stolen?

Right, claiming its "leftwing".
As opposed to right wing racism, gay bashing, lynchings, wife beating, etc

What about left-wing racism?
What about those who tolerate gays but don't want special treatment for them? What about 'breeder bashers'?
Who on here or in mainstream society has condoned lynchings?
Who on either side condones wife beating?

I don't see where you are going with your reply

We will not know who stole this without a successful investigation.... but doubt it was a conservative veterans group, or whatever other group you wish to associate to 'Republicans".. I would bet dollars to donuts that this was an act of theft/vandalism for a political point against the monument

I'll retract my statement if the perpetrators are discovered and found not to have a leftwing agenda. The agenda of the ACLU is well known - and they were the main organization supporting the court case.

Until then, the likelihood that they are lefties is about the same as Shahzad having ties to Islamic extremists.
So the ACLU stole the sign out of spite.

That's rich! :lol:

No. I didn't say that the ACLU stole it. The ACLU's involvement is indicative of the Leftwing opposition to the cross. Given that opposition, the probability is that those who did steal it share that POV.

Whatever, cupcake (you imposter).

The sign was opposed by a well known leftwing group. It has now disappeared. The likelihood is that a leftwing type stole it. Or do you think we should subject everyone to a search just like 8 year olds and grandmas are nearly strip searched at airports in order to protect us from Al Qaeda?

Criminal investigations do involve identification of the characteristics of likely suspects. We either acknowledge these, or exist is an ineffectual politically correct fugue. Take your pick (it's pretty clear where your inclinations lie).

Last edited:
Are you saying that the cross WASN'T stolen?

Right, claiming its "leftwing".
As opposed to right wing racism, gay bashing, lynchings, wife beating, etc

What about left-wing racism?
What about those who tolerate gays but don't want special treatment for them? What about 'breeder bashers'?
Who on here or in mainstream society has condoned lynchings?
Who on either side condones wife beating?

I don't see where you are going with your reply

We will not know who stole this without a successful investigation.... but doubt it was a conservative veterans group, or whatever other group you wish to associate to 'Republicans".. I would bet dollars to donuts that this was an act of theft/vandalism for a political point against the monument
Or the kind of vandalism we see most...teenagers or young adults liquored up and doing it because.....it's there.

Rather an out of the way spot for being liquored up and engaging in spontaneous vandalism.

Just sayin'.

I already said, I'll retract my suspicion if they perpetrators are found to be otherwise. The likelihood is that they are leftwing. The involvement of the ACLU indicates a leftwing agenda of getting rid of the cross.

Forum List

Back