Yet Another Leftwing Celebration of Religious Freedom

Oh, I forgot to address your silly bet.

I never take bets like these (and this is not the first time someone has proposed this) for reasons of precedent. If I lost, I'd have a hard time justifying why $100 of our money is going to some anonymous internet persona. If I win, I have to give you my address.

If I am going to bet, it's going to be over something good like sports or poker and among friends.

BTW, Bart offered a reward. That's different then a bet.

I said Breitbart offered, not bet, $100,000. I'm in good company.

Yeah, they tore down my brother's cross too, and broke his picture frame and ripped up his picture and it too was on private property and we had the permission of the owners of the land.

I don't understand what this country is coming to, but then again, I'm pretty sure it won't be her much longer.

That is absolutely appalling. I am very sorry your family was subjected to such disgusting harassment.

Me too. It makes it very hard to be understanding for those "holier than thou" atheists.

Have faith and know that justice will be given.

Recently, the Supreme Court ruled that the Veterans Memorial in the Mojave Desert could remain - the land on which the cross stood was private property.

Vandals have trespassed and removed the cross. Yet another display of the Left's "respect" for religious freedom.

he 7-foot-tall metal cross that has stood in California's Mojave Desert for 75 years and withstood a hard-fought battle in the Supreme Court was ripped down and stolen Sunday night, according to park officials.

"This is an outrage, akin to desecrating people's graves," said Kelly Shackelford, president of the Liberty Institute, which represents the caretakers of the Mojave Desert War Memorial. "It's a disgraceful attack on the selfless sacrifice of our veterans. We will not rest until this memorial is re-installed."

The National Park Service says someone cut the metal bolts holding the metal-pipe cross to the top of Sunrise Rock and made off with it Sunday night or before dawn on Monday.

Veterans groups are outraged at the theft of the memorial symbol that was erected in 1934 by the Veterans of Foreign Wars to honor World War I dead....

FOXNews.com - Thieves Steal Mojave Desert Memorial Cross in Nighttime Heist

How do you know someone on the "Left" took it?

Does anyone know if that girl who faked the carved backwards "B" was in the Mojave Desert recently?

Vandals have trespassed and removed the cross. Yet another display of the Left's "respect" for religious freedom.

I just wanna make sure of something before I proceed here - if I can show that an act of vandalism or theft may have been motivated by a political cause, the entire half of the political spectrum in which that cause falls may be blamed?

If not, please justify how you attribute this to the "Left". Did they leave a large signed note, with all their signatures? Did one of the robbers call in to the police station, and say that he speaks for everyone who voted for Obama?

Please, elaborate and expound on your statement.

I just wanna make sure of something before I proceed here - if I can show that an act of vandalism or theft may have been motivated by a political cause, the entire half of the political spectrum in which that cause falls may be blamed?

If not, please justify how you attribute this to the "Left". Did they leave a large signed note, with all their signatures? Did one of the robbers call in to the police station, and say that he speaks for everyone who voted for Obama?

Sure.

But why not just to stick to this act of vandalism? When has the left said or done anything regarding Christians or the Cross that didn't involve insulting it, removing it, or suing over it?

Dime store detective here. Perp hates the cross. Radical atheists hate the cross. Radical atheists are almost exclusively left wing nut jobs. Ipso facto...

And for all you naysayers: Yes there are atheist R's and religious D's. But GOD HATERS are almost always far, far left.

Sorry B. Doesn't look like anyone wants to take up that wager.

Oh please. The GOP allowing the infections of the Religious Right and Neocons have allowed a demonstrable hate for God that rivals the worst scenes of The Exorcist.

Sure.

But why not just to stick to this act of vandalism? When has the left said or done anything regarding Christians or the Cross that didn't involve insulting it, removing it, or suing over it?

The ACLU of Maryland (2009) successfully settled a lawsuit on behalf of a Christian ministry for the homeless in the town of Elkton, Maryland, which had purchased a site for a religious day center to help the local community through job training, food, showers, and religious services. Though the site is legally zoned for the use of churches and centers that provide those services, the zoning board had refused to recognize the religious nature of the center, placing unreasonable limitations on the ministry. The ACLU of Maryland reached a favorable settlement with the town, affirming the church’s right to operate its day center for the homeless.
aclu-md.org/aPress/Press2009/themeetinggroundsettlement.html
www.aclu-md.org/legal/Legal.html#Anchor-RELIGION-48213

The ACLU and the ACLU of New Jersey (2009) filed a successful lawsuit on behalf of a New Jersey prisoner – an ordained Pentecostal minister – to restore his fundamental right to preach to other inmates. The minister had preached at weekly Christian worship services at the New Jersey State Prison in Trenton, New Jersey for more than a decade when prison officials suddenly banned that activity without any justification. As a result of the ACLU lawsuit, state officials agreed to allow the minister to resume preaching and teaching Bible study classes under the supervision of prison staff.
Ordained Pentecostal Minister Can Preach In Prison After ACLU Lawsuit | American Civil Liberties Union

The ACLU and the ACLU of Virginia (2009) argued against the censorship of religious materials being sent to detainees in the Rappahannock Regional Jail. The ACLU wrote a letter to the superintendent of the jail, asking that the jail stop removing Christian-themed materials and biblical passages from letters written to detainees. As a result of ACLU involvement, the prison agreed to change its policies and allow religious mail.
ACLU Seeks End To Censorship Of Religious Material By Virginia Jail | American Civil Liberties Union

The ACLU of Louisiana (2009) argued for the right of Christian preachers to distribute pamphlets at the Breaux Bridge Crawfish Festival. The ACLU wrote a letter to the mayor in support of the preachers, who had been ordered to stop handing out religious material.
content.usatoday.net/dist/custom/gci/InsidePage.aspx?cId=thetowntalk&sParam=30796437.story

The ACLU of Texas (2009) filed a friend-of-the-court brief in support of a Christian pastor and his faith-based rehabilitation facility in Sinton, Texas. The ACLU urged the court to reverse a decision that had prohibited the pastor from operating his rehabilitation program near his church and also had sharply limited the reach of the Texas Religious Freedom Restoration Act. In June 2009, the Texas Supreme Court agreed and ruled in favor of the pastor. aclutx.org/article.php?aid=726

The ACLU of the National Capital Area (2009) brought suit on behalf of Christian, Muslim, and Jewish firefighters and paramedics who wear beards as a matter of religious observance. The district court agreed with the ACLU that the District of Columbia’s policy prohibiting these individuals from wearing beards violated their religious freedom rights, and the court of appeals affirmed in 2009.
pacer.cadc.uscourts.gov/common/opinions/200903/07-7163-1168865.pdf

The ACLU of Florida (2007) argued in favor of the right of Christians to protest against a gay pride event held in the City of St. Petersburg. The city had proposed limiting opposition speech, including speech motivated by religious beliefs, to restricted “free speech zones.” After receiving the ACLU’s letter, the city revised its proposed ordinance.
www.aclufl.org/pdfs/StPeteLetter.pdf

The ACLU and the ACLU of Pennsylvania (2007) prevailed in their case on behalf of an Egyptian Coptic Christian who had been detained and who claimed he had been tortured by the Egyptian government because he refused to convert to Islam. After permitting Sameh Khouzam to stay in the United States for nine years based on evidence that he would probably be tortured if he returned to Egypt, the U.S. government changed its position in 2007 and sought to deport Mr. Khouzam based on diplomatic assurances from the Egyptian government that Mr. Khouzam would not be tortured upon return. As a result of the ACLU’s advocacy, a federal court granted Mr. Khouzam an indefinite stay of deportation to Egypt.
Court rejects government's attempt to deport Egyptian to torture :: American Civil Liberties Union of Pennsylvania

The ACLU of Delaware (2007) prevailed in a lawsuit brought on behalf of Christians, pagans, and Wiccans, alleging that a department store violated a Delaware public accommodations law by canceling community courses after individuals complained about the religious beliefs that were being taught in the centers.

The ACLU of Rhode Island (2007) prevailed in its arguments on behalf of a Christian inmate, Wesley Spratt, who had been preaching in prison for over seven years before administrators told him to stop based on vague and unsubstantiated security concerns. After the ACLU prevailed in the court of appeals, the parties reached a settlement under which Mr. Spratt is free to preach again.
Inmate can preach at ACI again | Rhode Island news | projo.com | The Providence Journal

The ACLU of Louisiana (2006) prevailed in its lawsuit defending the right of a Christian man to exercise his religious and speech rights by protesting against homosexuality in front of a Wal-Mart store with a sign that read: “Christians: Wal-Mart Supports Gay Marriage and Gay Lifestyles. Don’t Shop There.”
ACLU Hails Victory For Christian Protestor
ACLU of Louisiana Files Lawsuit to Protect Free Speech Rights of Christian Protestor | American Civil Liberties Union

The ACLU of Florida (2006) filed a lawsuit on behalf of Brian Nichols, a Christian minister, and First Vagabonds Church of God, his church for the homeless based in Orlando. The suit challenges the City of Orlando’s ordinance that makes it unlawful to provide food to groups in the same public park more than twice per year. The challenge prevailed in the federal district court and is currently in the court of appeals.
Federal Judge Strikes Down Orlando Homeless Feeding Ban

The ACLU of Nevada (2006) defended the free-exercise and free-speech rights of evangelical Christians to preach on the sidewalks of Las Vegas. When the county government refused to change its unconstitutional policy, the ACLU filed suit in federal court.
Home - My News 3

The ACLU of Virginia (2005) filed suit on behalf of Cynthia Simpson, a Wiccan woman whom county leaders refused to include in a list of religious leaders invited to give invocations at meetings of the Chesterfield County board of Supervisors. The Board’s reason for refusing to add her to the list was that “Chesterfield’s non-sectarian invocations are traditionally made to a divinity that is consistent with the Judeo-Christian tradition.”
Simpson v. Chesterfield County

The ACLU of Washington (2004) reached a favorable settlement on behalf of Donald Ausderau, a Christian minister, who wanted to preach to the public and distribute leaflets on the sidewalks around a downtown bus station in Spokane, WA.
www.aclu-wa.org/detail.cfm?id=57

The Iowa Civil Liberties Union (2002) filed a friend-of-the court brief supporting a group of Christian students who sued Davenport Schools asserting their right to distribute religious literature during non-instructional time.
ACLU Supports Right of Iowa Students to Distribute Christian Literature at School | American Civil Liberties Union

The ACLU of Massachusetts (2002) filed a brief supporting the right of the Church of the Good News to run ads criticizing the secularization of Christmas and promoting Christianity as the “one true religion.” The Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority had refused to allow the paid advertisements to be posted and refused to sell additional advertising space to the church.

Does that answer your question, ignoramous?

ACLU Defense of Religious Practice and Expression | American Civil Liberties Union

Dear religious people,

We have stolen your cross. So there!

Signed,

"The Left"

vandals have trespassed and removed the cross. Yet another display of the left's "respect" for religious freedom.

i just wanna make sure of something before i proceed here - if i can show that an act of vandalism or theft may have been motivated by a political cause, the entire half of the political spectrum in which that cause falls may be blamed?

If not, please justify how you attribute this to the "left". Did they leave a large signed note, with all their signatures? Did one of the robbers call in to the police station, and say that he speaks for everyone who voted for obama?

dear religious people,

we have stolen your cross. So there!

Signed,

"the left"

lol!

Sure.

Well, considering that (aside from a few athiests, agnostics and other religions) MOST of the folks on the left-hand side of the fence are Christians...

...I'd say they worship it?

Oh, I forgot to address your silly bet.

I never take bets like these (and this is not the first time someone has proposed this) for reasons of precedent. If I lost, I'd have a hard time justifying why $100 of our money is going to some anonymous internet persona. If I win, I have to give you my address.

If I am going to bet, it's going to be over something good like sports or poker and among friends.

BTW, Bart offered a reward. That's different then a bet.

I said Breitbart offered, not bet, $100,000. I'm in good company.

Oh, you are just offering $100 if you are wrong?

Sure.

The ACLU of Maryland (2009) successfully settled a lawsuit on behalf of a Christian ministry for the homeless in the town of Elkton, Maryland, which had purchased a site for a religious day center to help the local community through job training, food, showers, and religious services. Though the site is legally zoned for the use of churches and centers that provide those services, the zoning board had refused to recognize the religious nature of the center, placing unreasonable limitations on the ministry. The ACLU of Maryland reached a favorable settlement with the town, affirming the church’s right to operate its day center for the homeless.
aclu-md.org/aPress/Press2009/themeetinggroundsettlement.html
www.aclu-md.org/legal/Legal.html#Anchor-RELIGION-48213

The ACLU and the ACLU of New Jersey (2009) filed a successful lawsuit on behalf of a New Jersey prisoner – an ordained Pentecostal minister – to restore his fundamental right to preach to other inmates. The minister had preached at weekly Christian worship services at the New Jersey State Prison in Trenton, New Jersey for more than a decade when prison officials suddenly banned that activity without any justification. As a result of the ACLU lawsuit, state officials agreed to allow the minister to resume preaching and teaching Bible study classes under the supervision of prison staff.
Ordained Pentecostal Minister Can Preach In Prison After ACLU Lawsuit | American Civil Liberties Union

The ACLU and the ACLU of Virginia (2009) argued against the censorship of religious materials being sent to detainees in the Rappahannock Regional Jail. The ACLU wrote a letter to the superintendent of the jail, asking that the jail stop removing Christian-themed materials and biblical passages from letters written to detainees. As a result of ACLU involvement, the prison agreed to change its policies and allow religious mail.
ACLU Seeks End To Censorship Of Religious Material By Virginia Jail | American Civil Liberties Union

The ACLU of Louisiana (2009) argued for the right of Christian preachers to distribute pamphlets at the Breaux Bridge Crawfish Festival. The ACLU wrote a letter to the mayor in support of the preachers, who had been ordered to stop handing out religious material.
content.usatoday.net/dist/custom/gci/InsidePage.aspx?cId=thetowntalk&sParam=30796437.story

The ACLU of Texas (2009) filed a friend-of-the-court brief in support of a Christian pastor and his faith-based rehabilitation facility in Sinton, Texas. The ACLU urged the court to reverse a decision that had prohibited the pastor from operating his rehabilitation program near his church and also had sharply limited the reach of the Texas Religious Freedom Restoration Act. In June 2009, the Texas Supreme Court agreed and ruled in favor of the pastor. aclutx.org/article.php?aid=726

The ACLU of the National Capital Area (2009) brought suit on behalf of Christian, Muslim, and Jewish firefighters and paramedics who wear beards as a matter of religious observance. The district court agreed with the ACLU that the District of Columbia’s policy prohibiting these individuals from wearing beards violated their religious freedom rights, and the court of appeals affirmed in 2009.
pacer.cadc.uscourts.gov/common/opinions/200903/07-7163-1168865.pdf

The ACLU of Florida (2007) argued in favor of the right of Christians to protest against a gay pride event held in the City of St. Petersburg. The city had proposed limiting opposition speech, including speech motivated by religious beliefs, to restricted “free speech zones.” After receiving the ACLU’s letter, the city revised its proposed ordinance.
www.aclufl.org/pdfs/StPeteLetter.pdf

The ACLU and the ACLU of Pennsylvania (2007) prevailed in their case on behalf of an Egyptian Coptic Christian who had been detained and who claimed he had been tortured by the Egyptian government because he refused to convert to Islam. After permitting Sameh Khouzam to stay in the United States for nine years based on evidence that he would probably be tortured if he returned to Egypt, the U.S. government changed its position in 2007 and sought to deport Mr. Khouzam based on diplomatic assurances from the Egyptian government that Mr. Khouzam would not be tortured upon return. As a result of the ACLU’s advocacy, a federal court granted Mr. Khouzam an indefinite stay of deportation to Egypt.
Court rejects government's attempt to deport Egyptian to torture :: American Civil Liberties Union of Pennsylvania

The ACLU of Delaware (2007) prevailed in a lawsuit brought on behalf of Christians, pagans, and Wiccans, alleging that a department store violated a Delaware public accommodations law by canceling community courses after individuals complained about the religious beliefs that were being taught in the centers.

The ACLU of Rhode Island (2007) prevailed in its arguments on behalf of a Christian inmate, Wesley Spratt, who had been preaching in prison for over seven years before administrators told him to stop based on vague and unsubstantiated security concerns. After the ACLU prevailed in the court of appeals, the parties reached a settlement under which Mr. Spratt is free to preach again.
Inmate can preach at ACI again | Rhode Island news | projo.com | The Providence Journal

The ACLU of Louisiana (2006) prevailed in its lawsuit defending the right of a Christian man to exercise his religious and speech rights by protesting against homosexuality in front of a Wal-Mart store with a sign that read: “Christians: Wal-Mart Supports Gay Marriage and Gay Lifestyles. Don’t Shop There.”
ACLU Hails Victory For Christian Protestor
ACLU of Louisiana Files Lawsuit to Protect Free Speech Rights of Christian Protestor | American Civil Liberties Union

The ACLU of Florida (2006) filed a lawsuit on behalf of Brian Nichols, a Christian minister, and First Vagabonds Church of God, his church for the homeless based in Orlando. The suit challenges the City of Orlando’s ordinance that makes it unlawful to provide food to groups in the same public park more than twice per year. The challenge prevailed in the federal district court and is currently in the court of appeals.
Federal Judge Strikes Down Orlando Homeless Feeding Ban

The ACLU of Nevada (2006) defended the free-exercise and free-speech rights of evangelical Christians to preach on the sidewalks of Las Vegas. When the county government refused to change its unconstitutional policy, the ACLU filed suit in federal court.
Home - My News 3

The ACLU of Virginia (2005) filed suit on behalf of Cynthia Simpson, a Wiccan woman whom county leaders refused to include in a list of religious leaders invited to give invocations at meetings of the Chesterfield County board of Supervisors. The Board’s reason for refusing to add her to the list was that “Chesterfield’s non-sectarian invocations are traditionally made to a divinity that is consistent with the Judeo-Christian tradition.”
Simpson v. Chesterfield County

The ACLU of Washington (2004) reached a favorable settlement on behalf of Donald Ausderau, a Christian minister, who wanted to preach to the public and distribute leaflets on the sidewalks around a downtown bus station in Spokane, WA.
www.aclu-wa.org/detail.cfm?id=57

The Iowa Civil Liberties Union (2002) filed a friend-of-the court brief supporting a group of Christian students who sued Davenport Schools asserting their right to distribute religious literature during non-instructional time.
ACLU Supports Right of Iowa Students to Distribute Christian Literature at School | American Civil Liberties Union

The ACLU of Massachusetts (2002) filed a brief supporting the right of the Church of the Good News to run ads criticizing the secularization of Christmas and promoting Christianity as the “one true religion.” The Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority had refused to allow the paid advertisements to be posted and refused to sell additional advertising space to the church.

Does that answer your question, ignoramous?

ACLU Defense of Religious Practice and Expression | American Civil Liberties Union

It's fun to copy and paste!

By your link, the ACLU is cool with:

1. Christians feeding the homeless
2. Prisoners preaching in prison (pardon the alliteration)
3. Sending bibles to prisoners (Is there a theme developing here?)
4. Handing out tracts (or whatever they were) at crawfish festivals
5. Rehab
6. Beards (Ironic, considering the nature of your link)
7. Protest outside of free-speech zones
8. Avoiding torture
9. Pagans and Wiccans
10. See #2
11. Protesting Wal-Mart
12. See #1
13. Preaching on sidewalks
14. Wiccans (you didn't read before copying did you?)
15. see #13
16. passing out tracts after school
17. Ads on buses criticizing the secular nature of Christmas

It seems to be crosses they have a problem with. Like Dracula.

"Church and state" issues have been a recurring theme on the ACLU docket over the years. Each spring as high-school graduation approaches, the organization distributes a letter to public schools warning them that no one is permitted pray or make public remarks referring to their faith at graduation ceremonies. Moreover, it calls on public schools to censure any speech that might be viewed as having a religious tone.

In 2006 the ACLU demanded that the town of St. Bernard, Louisiana, adjacent to New Orleans, not be allowed to erect a gold and silver cross as part of its memorial to the victims of Hurricane Katrina — even though the memorial was financed by private funds and is located on private land. That same year, the ACLU sued the school board of Harrison County, West Virginia over a portrait of Jesus that had hung outside a principal's office for nearly 40 years.

In April 1997 the ACLU of Illinois filed a federal lawsuit challenging the City of Chicago's operation of scout troops affiliated with the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) -- on grounds that the BSA had traditionally required its members to profess their belief in God, and had barred homosexual men from being scout leaders."

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/groupProfile.asp?grpid=6145

Sure.

Or pissing on Christian images, or making them out of dung....

Sure.

It's my firm belief Christians who bitch the most about Crosses being removed usually have three common traits:

Deep ignorance about the history of the Cross.

Are scared if public Crosses are taken down they might have to actually do something that signifies to others they are Christians.

Very deep ignorance on why Jesus would be smacking your silly asses down for not understanding some of the most fundamental virtues of what it means to be a Christian.

I'm pretty sure Jesus wouldn't enjoy being pissed on by diseased Leftists.

Just sayin.

Sure.

It's my firm belief Christians who bitch the most about Crosses being removed usually have three common traits:

Deep ignorance about the history of the Cross.

Are scared if public Crosses are taken down they might have to actually do something that signifies to others they are Christians.

Very deep ignorance on why Jesus would be smacking your silly asses down for not understanding some of the most fundamental virtues of what it means to be a Christian.

I don't care what the hell you "believe" you do not have the right to remove the cross that was put up on private property in memory of my brother. No one else had that right either, but they did it anyway and yes, I will speak out against that injustice. There is nothing in this country that gives you the right not to be offended.

I'm just sorry I even read your post...back on ignore you go.

I'm pretty sure Jesus wouldn't enjoy being pissed on by diseased Leftists.

Just sayin.

I think he would enjoy it much more than self righteous pontificating arrogant hedonistic zealots using his name to justify their bullshit of ignoring his teachings.

Forum List

Back