Yet Another Leftwing Celebration of Religious Freedom

I don't have the patience to read through four pages of bullshit.

Does anyone have any proof that this was politically motivated?

Sorry. If you don't have the time and patience to read the thread, I don't have the time and patience to write a Message Boards For Dummies Cliff Notes version for you.

In other words, you don't know who stole this cross and why they stole it.

Let me give you the Cliff Notes version of that:

You are talking out of your ass.

What a moron. I expressed my opinion as to who the likely perpetrators are.

My Freedom of Speech is not for sale for $5.45, so I will continue to exercise it.

Here's a very interesting bit from the article:

But the Supreme Court also referred the case back to a lower court for further review, forcing the caretakers to continue covering the cross with a pine box. Maintenance workers noticed on Saturday that the box had been removed, and were preparing to restore it Monday morning when they found that the entire cross was missing.

Park officials said the box has been removed "several times" in the past and covered with graffiti at least once -- but that no one had ever before attempted to physically remove the cross itself.

"Covered in Graffiti". I'd say that implicates teenage vandals.

What a moron. I expressed my opinion as to who the likely perpetrators are.

My Freedom of Speech is not for sale for $5.45, so I will continue to exercise it.

LMFAO.

Yeah, gussy it up however you want there, Einstein.

As I said, you are talking out of your ass. You don't know who stole this thread and why they did so.

The ACLU is a leftwing group. The motive lies with those who share their ideology to perform the vandalism. It certainly wasn't the group of senior citizens who wanted to say grace before their meals.

That's like saying Pat Robertson's church is a right-wing group, and therefore right-wingers will all support their ideology.

So, I guess you support Pat's urgings that the State Department be blown up with a nuclear device and that people should assassinate foreign heads of state that Pat disagrees with?

It's clear that GTH doesn't grok the subtlety of having a theory about who done it, and the integrity of putting one's money where one's mouth is.

Mine isn't firmly attached to Obama's sphincter, so perhaps I am more comfortable exercising my 1st Amendment Rights (not for sale for $5.45).

The ACLU is a leftwing group. The motive lies with those who share their ideology to perform the vandalism. It certainly wasn't the group of senior citizens who wanted to say grace before their meals.

That's like saying Pat Robertson's church is a right-wing group, and therefore right-wingers will all support their ideology.

So, I guess you support Pat's urgings that the State Department be blown up with a nuclear device and that people should assassinate foreign heads of state that Pat disagrees with?

I didn't say All Leftwingers stole the cross. I theorized that whoever committed the crime likely shares the same leftwing POV as the ACLU.

And I've wagered $100 on my theory. Do any of you have the guts to wager it was a bunch of drunk non-ideological teenagers instead?

It's clear that GTH doesn't grok the subtlety of having a theory about who done it, and the integrity of putting one's money where one's mouth is.

Mine isn't firmly attached to Obama's sphincter, so perhaps I am more comfortable exercising my 1st Amendment Rights (not for sale for $5.45).

Here is what is clear:

A.) Your dorkometer remains pegged for using Heinlein-speak in the ordinary world. Don't get me wrong, I like Heinlein. Just not enough to try and add to the English language.

B.) I suppose you are backing off of the more definitive statement behind your thread title and OP and now this is your "theory". Okay, whatever. You are still talking out of your ass.

I didn't say All Leftwingers stole the cross. I theorized that whoever committed the crime likely shares the same leftwing POV as the ACLU.

And I've wagered $100 on my theory. Do any of you have the guts to wager it was a bunch of drunk non-ideological teenagers instead?

It really doesn't matter in the end who stole the cross. You will pretend that they're "left-wingers even if they're just a bunch of teenage pranksters.

That's the way this game is played, after all.

Here is what is clear:

A.) Your dorkometer remains pegged for using Heinlein-speak in the ordinary world. Don't get me wrong, I like Heinlein. Just not enough to try and add to the English language.

B.) I suppose you are backing off of the more definitive statement behind your thread title and OP and now this is your "theory". Okay, whatever. You are still talking out of your ass.

You clearly do not GROK the art of crafting a thread title.

:)

But I will defer to your superior knowledge of talking out of one's ass. It's your standard mode of communication.

Here is what is clear:

Well damn, I guess I'm a bit of a dork too in that case. I've used "Grok".

Big Heinlein guy here. I do find it strange that a right-wing type would be a fan of "Stranger in a Strange Land" though...

Heinlein is one of my favorite SciFi writers. You are mistaken in categorizing me as right wing. I am fiscally conservative and socially liberal - which is very congruent with Heinlein's outlook.

Dime store detective here. Perp hates the cross. Radical atheists hate the cross. Radical atheists are almost exclusively left wing nut jobs. Ipso facto...

And for all you naysayers: Yes there are atheist R's and religious D's. But GOD HATERS are almost always far, far left.

Sorry B. Doesn't look like anyone wants to take up that wager.

Heinlein is one of my favorite SciFi writers. You are mistaken in categorizing me as right wing. I am fiscally conservative and socially liberal - which is very congruent with Heinlein's outlook.

Alright, that is a good point.

Well cheers to you then, Heinlein rocks! :clap2:

Dime store detective here. Perp hates the cross. Radical atheists hate the cross. Radical atheists are almost exclusively left wing nut jobs. Ipso facto...

And for all you naysayers: Yes there are atheist R's and religious D's. But GOD HATERS are almost always far, far left.

I'm in good company.

Nobody has been able to take up Breitbart on his offer of $100,000 for a video showing that the tea partiers hurled the N-word at Reps. Lewis and Cleaver either.

Last edited:

Radical Atheists? I haven't heard much about these "Radical Atheists".

Do they have some sort of activist organization that you think is specifically responsible for this action?

Here is what is clear:

Well damn, I guess I'm a bit of a dork too in that case. I've used "Grok".

Big Heinlein guy here. I do find it strange that a right-wing type would be a fan of "Stranger in a Strange Land" though...

I like him, just not enough to use the term "grok" in actual conversation.

I actually thought Stranger sucked. I thought Starship Troopers was brilliant. Though my favorite Sci Fi book is 2001.

It'd be difficult to pick a favorite, but I'd lean towards Vernor Vinge's "A Deepness in the Sky".

I'm in good company.

Nobody has been able to take up Breitbart on his offer of $100,000 for a video showing that the tea partiers hurled the N-word at Reps. Lewis and Cleaver either.

Oh, I forgot to address your silly bet.

I never take bets like these (and this is not the first time someone has proposed this) for reasons of precedent. If I lost, I'd have a hard time justifying why $100 of our money is going to some anonymous internet persona. If I win, I have to give you my address.

If I am going to bet, it's going to be over something good like sports or poker and among friends.

BTW, Bart offered a reward. That's different then a bet.

It'd be difficult to pick a favorite, but I'd lean towards Vernor Vinge's "A Deepness in the Sky".

As part of my education, I spent some time in a hospice and talked to this really interesting guy. He was a computer programmer and had been since the mid-60s. He saw computers explode. He never owned a T.V. (or a computer) and instead read incessantly. Literally, this guy spent his entire life reading. So, my friend and I were really interested in what his opinions were about books.

I told him I was trying to read H.P. Lovecraft and not really enjoying the experience. He recommended this book:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Little-Big-John-Crowley/dp/0061120057/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1273612728&sr=8-7]Amazon.com: Little, Big (9780061120053): John Crowley: Books[/ame]

I need to read it.

Forum List

Back