Yet another attempt at Islamic indoctrination

Coyote, the lessons where they were requested to wear thehijab, was on Islam, to find empathy for the religion. This was NOT about anything else. You and others are trying to obfuscate, rather than discuss the facts these girls were requested to wear the hijab.

Mason principal cancels Muslim event apologizes

The event was meant to combat stereotypes students may face when wearing head coverings, McCarty-Stewart wrote, but "as the event spread beyond our school community, however, we received many strong messages that made me reconsider the event's ability to meet its objectives.

"I now realize that as adults we should have given our students better guidance. After much consideration and after talking with the student event organizers, we have canceled the event."

The Covered Girl Challenge was initially scheduled for April 23. Female students who wanted to participate would wear a headscarf, or hijab, for the entire school day. Then, there would be a time for discussion and reflection.

I'm trying to figure out what the big deal is here. It's voluntary. It's not indoctrination. It's not teaching a religion. It's trying to combat stereotypes.

What a hideous over reaction.
The big deal really comes in the fact that this is not equal treatment. This voluntary event is fine and dandy but when a student asks to have a bible study group with fellow students they are rejected on the grounds that it is a religious act.
IOW, this is the type of faux outrage you get when you enforce concepts like separation of church and state to idiotic and stupid levels. None of this would not be an issue if there was not so much screaming centered around Christian events and practices.

Except that it is a religious act. It would be the same thing if a Muslim student group wanted to conduct a prayer session. Wearing a hajib is not for the purpose of trying to understand discrimmination is not a religious event.
There is no real difference – the hijab is a religious garment. It is no different than the yamaka. It is essentially worn exclusively by Islamic women.

Trying to label it differently really does nothing.

It's a religious garment but it's not being used in a religious context. It's being used to as part of an exercise in discrimmination. There's no prayers, etc etc. The same exercise could be done with a yamaka in fact.
It is a religious garment period. Attempting to dress the fact that you are asking children to participate in religious practice with a secular reason is not going to get any sympathy from me. That just looks dishonest.
Those that really do not mind this type of event (and I wouldn’t mind one bit) but there is no consistency. If a Christian wants to get together with other Christians then that is a travesty and has been for a while in the name of separation of church and state. Here you actually have the state through the school and its authority asking kids to wear religious garb and suddenly this should be accepted.

I will accept it when you DAMNED right handed people----are forced to write with
your left hand for at least two months----and to ENDURE the discrimination that left
handed people endure-----including pens chained in such a way that inhibits the
ability for a left handed person to have enough SLACK to sign his/her name
on a check. AND the ultimate insult-----those damned made for the right
handed little lecture hall chairs with the writing surface on the right side
DAMN YOU ALL

A school tried to get female students to weat a hijab for the day so they can empathize with Muslim women. First of all, it is Muslims who oppress their women, not the average American. Secondly, I wonder if they allowed those guys who identify as women to do this. I doubt it considering it would be an insult to Muslims since they do not approve of the gays.

There have been more Christians slaughtered in recent times, but no schools are reaching out to Muslim students to ask them to empathize with them. No one is asking any students to appreciate the Jews and their struggle with anti-Semitism.

Maybe because this administration takes CAIR and their demands seriously while ignoring other religions.

I actually think the female students would feel sorry for Muslim women, and not because of how others reacted to their head covering, but the way Muslim women are forced to wear those stupid things in the first place.

Muslim women were upset when people didn't want to do this. They are trained to do as they are told and that means attacking anyone who doesn't embrace Islam. Maybe they are jealous that other religions don't oppress women and misery does love company.

CAIR has way too much influence in this country. The things being taught to young people are all pro-islam, yet other religions are largely ignored.

It's Muslims across the globe who are showing complete hatred for non-Muslims and gays. Why no mention of that? Muslims will not tolerate any criticism, even of the terrorists. Recently, Muslims protested the showing of American Sniper. They found it offensive to see terrorists getting shot. Boo fucking hoo, Muslims. If you can't stand to fight the radicals who murder for no reason, then you are just as bad.

"Hate crimes against Muslims in the U.S. are practically non-existent. According to the FBI stats, of 5,928 incidents tabulated in 2013, only 135 were deemed anti-Islamic, while 625 of which were anti-Jewish. Yet the school didn’t ask any students to wear Jewish yarmulkes (head caps) for a day.

Muslim women are indeed being oppressed — in Muslim nations.

But oppression by Muslims against Christians happens in nearly every Muslim nation, every single day. But don’t expect Christophobic teachers to actually educate their students in an inconvenient fact."

http://toprightnews.com/high-school-tries-to-get-female-students-to-wear-islamic-head-covering-backfires-big-time/

Transgenders aren't necessarily homosexual. TS/TG doesn't imply a sexual orientation or preference.

Forum List

Back