‘WTF?’ Guardian journo says Mont. House candidate Greg Gianforte ‘just body slammed’ him

Republican candidate 'body-slams' Guardian reporter in Montana

Audio obtained of Greg Gianforte attacking a reporter on the eve of a special election to fill a congressional seat vacated by a member of the Trump administration

The Republican candidate for Montana’s congressional seat slammed a Guardian reporter to the floor on the eve of the state’s special election, breaking his glasses and shouting, “Get the hell out of here.”

Ben Jacobs, a Guardian political reporter, was asking Greg Gianforte, a tech millionaire running for the seat vacated by Ryan Zinke, about the Republican healthcare plan when the candidate allegedly “body-slammed” the reporter.

“He took me to the ground,” Jacobs said by phone from the back of an ambulance. “This is the strangest thing that has ever happened to me in reporting on politics.”
<more>

Audio proves that all he had done was ask a pretty meek and simple question.

The right believes that transparency in politics AND press is a thing of the past.

How much of this are we going to put up with?

Wow, that's intense. The Republican was very pro this bill. But then he was questioned, in a polite manner, about the huge number of Americans Republicans are desperately trying to f*ck over and he snapped.
I wonder if Trump will pay for the candidate's legal fees. Remember, Trump promoted violence.

Adding that what upset the Repub candidate is that he did not want to admit that trumpcare screws over the needy, the elderly, children, women, the poor ...

Let this be a lesson to you all - if you're going to ask questions of your elected officials, have someone standing by taking a video.

I dont think this man has the temperament to be in the House.

But kudos to him for taking out the trash, lol.

Cool, I would love to do the same to hundreds of other members of the media who claim they are objective.
Hope he got his nose broken.

I dont think this man has the temperament to be in the House.

But kudos to him for taking out the trash, lol.

Do you seriously consider yourself a Christian?

Or an American?

This is common in places like Russia and N Korea but it has only been relatively recently that we've seen Repubs refuse to answer to their constituents and even go so far as to blame journalists for reporting what they actually say and do.

This was an all out assault against a journalist for asking a pretty straightforward and simple question about trumpcare.

This is flat out UN-American.

The right is taking our country down the road to fascism.

Forum List

Back