Writing a Wrong

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
I am surprised at times just what poor writers so many people are. It is not at all unusual for high school seniors to show up in my class and claim that they had never been specifically taught proper grammar or how to structure an essay. Since most of my classes are for our most advanced English language learners, I have high expectations for my students. I want them to be equipped to demonstrate their true academic abilities in their other classes and beyond high school. That is why we are already working on essay writing this early in the year. For some of the students, it's a little tricky to build up grammar and vocabulary skills at the same time, but there is no time to lose.

I am surprised at times just what poor writers so many people are. It is not at all unusual for high school seniors to show up in my class and claim that they had never been specifically taught proper grammar or how to structure an essay. Since most of my classes are for our most advanced English language learners, I have high expectations for my students. I want them to be equipped to demonstrate their true academic abilities in their other classes and beyond high school. That is why we are already working on essay writing this early in the year. For some of the students, it's a little tricky to build up grammar and vocabulary skills at the same time, but there is no time to lose.
As bad as your 1st sentance

Take your username for example.

Forum List

Back