WOW! Talk about Government Intrusion!

This is not right. It's outrageous. It's enough that there's already all kinds of black market organ"donation" is going on. Seems like this could open all kinds of loopholes for unscrupulous people to become even more so.

Not to mention that people should have control over their own bodies. Hell, women have had that right to choose for years with the abortion laws. If a woman has the right to choose what to do with her body then everybody else should have the right to choose whether to donate any of their body parts.

This Brodsky guy is a real piece of work. Glad I don't live in NY anymore.

Get your reading glasses granny and re-read the thread, nothing mandatory or controlling over other's organs.

In this instance there is only one proper response to a fanatic. :cuckoo:
Yup, you got nothing, that's why. What am I fanatical about? Having people have a chance at living? YOu really want to argue against that?

another dipshit with no argument just has to be a dick on the internet huh

Wow! Talk about projecting!

As for giving people a chance at life in context with what I posted? That's not what I'm saying nor was it ever what I said. You are fixating on those who disagree with you in this instance as assholes because they don't want to or don't think organ donation is for them. That is the one definition of fanaticism. Get real.

Gregg whines..... a LOT!

Yep.. .control freak.. statist control freak

If I wish to donate my organs with no stipulations in my legally binding will or living will... tough shit about some proposed governmental control you would want on whether you think that person is worthy or not

What if I use UNOS and not your governmental control system?? What if my wishes are only to donate my eyes?? What if my wishes are to stipulate anyone but a registered democrat or liberal? What if the very same charity I am set up to donate thru has no stipulation on whether someone has to be a donor?

If it is a valid organ donation pool it counts. If you choose to only donate your eyes ...you are shit out of luck if you need a kidney.

If you put conditions on who gets your donation....you are not a member of the pool

Easy isn't it??

Not if the organization I donate to does not have your uber governmental control outlook....

Stalin had nothing on the likes of you

Stalin now???

What is so hard to understand about a voluntary pool? You are not inclined to donate your organs when you die?? Then you are not part of the pool

Why should you get an organ transplant when you are not willing to give?

Back of the line buddy!

Yup, you got nothing, that's why. What am I fanatical about? Having people have a chance at living? YOu really want to argue against that?

another dipshit with no argument just has to be a dick on the internet huh

Wow! Talk about projecting!

As for giving people a chance at life in context with what I posted? That's not what I'm saying nor was it ever what I said. You are fixating on those who disagree with you in this instance as assholes because they don't want to or don't think organ donation is for them. That is the one definition of fanaticism. Get real.

I offer my opinions on the matter and discuss the issue, you just coming in making judgements and attacking me, stating nothing of what you think of the topic. Sounds pretty much dead on in my description

I asked you a question then gave my honest impression of your response, and yes my impression was negative. Considering your response there was no other conclusion. You didn't like that and started your attack on me, now you want to blame me. What ever.

Dr Gregg never met a fact he couldn't ignore. He proves on a daily basis why I'm better off with him on ignore.

Dr Gregg never met a fact he couldn't ignore. He proves on a daily basis why I'm better off with him on ignore.

WE should listen to saveliberty who thinks opinion= facts, so no wonder why he/she has them confused.

this from a person who thinks pissing on someone is a form of free speech. Yes, not going to even let you live that bit of idiocy you spewed. Probably why I'm on ignore, conveniently blow up your idiocy, don't want to see someone show how misinformed you are

bah, you're government property now. They'll decide who can make better use of your body parts. Remember the skit by Monty Python, "Live Organ Donors"?

There ya go.
Another person who either can't or refuses to actually read the facts.

There is nothing mandatory about organ donation in this bill. If you don't want to be one, you can register and opt out. If you don't do this, its assumed you are OK with it.

Tell us, how is having more potential organ donors a bad thing?

Lets just do this...

You are in the organ donor pool or you are not

If you are a member of the pool you can receive organ donations. If you are not, you are shit out of luck

Easy, isn't it? Now who doesn't want to belong to the pool?

Sounds VERY Progressive...

Proposal: All New Yorkers Become Organ Donors

Is this a move by to make the final most personal of all intrusions, right into one's own body parts? Just because other countries do it.

New York State Assemblyman Richard Brodsky introduced a new bill in Albany that would enroll all New Yorkers as an organ donor, unless they actually opt out of organ donation. It would be the first law of its kind in the United States.

"Overseas, 24 nations have it. Israel has it. Others have it. And it works without a lot of controversy," Brodsky said.

Proposal: All New Yorkers Become Organ Donors - wcbstv.com

Even with the 'opt out' clause what do you all think? Are we next?

I have heard others say, if your in a serious accident and someone nearby needs a body part or two, could YOU be harvested for it? I have very mixed feelings with this issue.

Ahh... the Free-thinkin', Individual Liberty promoting mindset of Progressives...

Understand kids, "The People" are more entitled to the use of YOUR ORGANS, than YOU, THE INDIVIDUAL...

There's NOTHING American about these idiots.

Is this a move by to make the final most personal of all intrusions, right into one's own body parts? Just because other countries do it.

New York State Assemblyman Richard Brodsky introduced a new bill in Albany that would enroll all New Yorkers as an organ donor, unless they actually opt out of organ donation. It would be the first law of its kind in the United States.

"Overseas, 24 nations have it. Israel has it. Others have it. And it works without a lot of controversy," Brodsky said.

I have heard others say, if your in a serious accident and someone nearby needs a body part or two, could YOU be harvested for it? I have very mixed feelings with this issue.

Ahh... the Free-thinkin', Individual Liberty promoting mindset of Progressives...

Understand kids, "The People" are more entitled to the use of YOUR ORGANS, than YOU, THE INDIVIDUAL...

What the fuck are you talking about?

This is the biggest nonsense issue of them all. I don't know if I support this, but Jesus Christ you guys are making a big deal out of nothing at all.

If you live in NY, and don't want to donate your organs - OPT OUT. No one is stopping you.
This is just plain retarded.

:eusa_eh: :cuckoo:

enroll all New Yorkers as an organ donor, unless they actually opt out of organ donation. It would be the first law of its kind in the United States.

Nothing mandatory or controlling over that.

enroll all New Yorkers as an organ donor, unless they actually opt out of organ donation. It would be the first law of its kind in the United States.

Nothing mandatory or controlling over that.

What it does is change the default assumption from "non-organ donor" to "organ donor" If you don't like it....opt out

Did not , read what I wrote, not what you want me to be saying. How many fucking times do I have to say I don't support mandatory,

as much as I would love for it to be mandatory

Yes, you did... disingenuous liar

So which is it??? Do you or don't you support mandatory donation??

And yes.. the opt-out version is the government taking control of your body/possession unless you tell them no.... what if we make that for all kinds of things? you get military enlisted unless you opt out.. you have your income taken and an allowance given unless you opt out...

Much like anything else that is your private property or part if you, nobody INCLUDING the government inherently gets possession of it unless you say no....

If it is a valid organ donation pool it counts. If you choose to only donate your eyes ...you are shit out of luck if you need a kidney.

If you put conditions on who gets your donation....you are not a member of the pool

Easy isn't it??

Not if the organization I donate to does not have your uber governmental control outlook....

Stalin now???

What is so hard to understand about a voluntary pool? You are not inclined to donate your organs when you die?? Then you are not part of the pool

Back of the line buddy!

All hail the power of the state... cradle to the grave and now even beyond.. unless you surrender all to the state, you get nothing.... :rolleyes:

Hence why I don't deal with the government... I deal with my wishes in my will and thru my agreement with a charity.... make sure you send me your legal name, so I can ensure that stated in my will that you in no chance in hell will receive one of my organs.. and if my organ is a match and you are tops on the list, that my lawyer is instructed to deliver the needed organ in front of you and burn it to ashes in front of your crying eyes

Stalin now???

Back of the line buddy!

All hail the power of the state... cradle to the grave and now even beyond.. unless you surrender all to the state, you get nothing.... :rolleyes:

Hence why I don't deal with the government... I deal with my wishes in my will and thru my agreement with a charity.... make sure you send me your legal name, so I can ensure that stated in my will that you in no chance in hell will receive one of my organs.. and if my organ is a match and you are tops on the list, that my lawyer is instructed to deliver the needed organ in front of you and burn it to ashes in front of your crying eyes

You're a classy dude, Mr. Diamond.

Stalin now???

Back of the line buddy!

My body is mine.. and if I wish to have it dipped in solid gold and put on display, so be it.. if I wish to have it used in a science experiment, my choice... if I wish to make a statement with it, my choice... if I wish to have it become a mummy, my choice

My body is mine.. and if I wish to have it dipped in solid gold and put on display, so be it.. if I wish to have it used in a science experiment, my choice... if I wish to make a statement with it, my choice... if I wish to have it become a mummy, my choice

And who exactly is attempting to take these rights away from you?

Forum List

Back