WOW! Talk about Government Intrusion!

All hail the power of the state... cradle to the grave and now even beyond.. unless you surrender all to the state, you get nothing.... :rolleyes:

Hence why I don't deal with the government... I deal with my wishes in my will and thru my agreement with a charity.... make sure you send me your legal name, so I can ensure that stated in my will that you in no chance in hell will receive one of my organs.. and if my organ is a match and you are tops on the list, that my lawyer is instructed to deliver the needed organ in front of you and burn it to ashes in front of your crying eyes

You're a classy dude, Mr. Diamond.

My body is mine.. and if I wish to have it dipped in solid gold and put on display, so be it.. if I wish to have it used in a science experiment, my choice... if I wish to make a statement with it, my choice... if I wish to have it become a mummy, my choice

Where has it ever been said you don't have a choice what gets done with your body?

You are not fear mongering again are you?

Right wing view of what happens with organ donations...

072108_sz_comapatients.jpg

You're a classy dude, Mr. Diamond.

My body is mine.. and if I wish to have it dipped in solid gold and put on display, so be it.. if I wish to have it used in a science experiment, my choice... if I wish to make a statement with it, my choice... if I wish to have it become a mummy, my choice

And who exactly is attempting to take these rights away from you?

Well... lets just say anyone supporting 'mandatory' organ donation or automatic organ donation into a governmental controlled pool unless I file governmental paperwork

Innocent until proven guilty.. kind of goes right in hand with mine unless I will it or give it to someone else

These governmental grabs and tactics are why I have a will and deal with a specific charity for what will specifically happen to me when I die.... and why I have a very specific living will for what can be done because of my wishes in the event of me being on life support

Government mandate of what care you should receive.... you know that is a cornerstone of the leftist way of health care control

Hmmm... if I am not set up to donate, I guess i cannot even get a donation of a kidney from my child... if the government mandates I cannot receive, I guess I cannot receive even if the donors wish or intent was to help anyone...

again... more and more tendrils supported by the loony left

as I suspected, thehack has to make a thread about organ donation all about politics and the big bad government. YOu people are nuts, everything to you is some partisan bullshit.

The thread was indeed over the premise of the government controlling such a thing... I did not make it about it... the people proposing the stipulation made it about it

Ignorant fucktard

Except its not about government controlling anything. Thanks for showing you are the ignorant fucktard

For organ donations that are not specifically the will of the person.. yep.. I am not your organ farm at the whim of the government... kind of goes against the concept of personal freedom

What else of yours do you want to make the property of the government by default without specific and noted intent??

as I suspected, thehack has to make a thread about organ donation all about politics and the big bad government. YOu people are nuts, everything to you is some partisan bullshit.

The thread was indeed over the premise of the government controlling such a thing... I did not make it about it... the people proposing the stipulation made it about it

Ignorant fucktard

Except its not about government controlling anything. Thanks for showing you are the ignorant fucktard

Yes it is... it is theirs, with what is proposed, by default unless you file with them... sorry.. in a free society, that is exactly the opposite of what it is supposed to be

For organ donations that are not specifically the will of the person.. yep.. I am not your organ farm at the whim of the government... kind of goes against the concept of personal freedom

What else of yours do you want to make the property of the government by default without specific and noted intent??

Damn EVIL Gubmint!!

Proposal: All New Yorkers Become Organ Donors

Is this a move by to make the final most personal of all intrusions, right into one's own body parts? Just because other countries do it.

Proposal: All New Yorkers Become Organ Donors - wcbstv.com

Even with the 'opt out' clause what do you all think? Are we next?

I have heard others say, if your in a serious accident and someone nearby needs a body part or two, could YOU be harvested for it? I have very mixed feelings with this issue.

Ahh... the Free-thinkin', Individual Liberty promoting mindset of Progressives...

Understand kids, "The People" are more entitled to the use of YOUR ORGANS, than YOU, THE INDIVIDUAL...

There's NOTHING American about these idiots.

enroll all New Yorkers as an organ donor, unless they actually opt out of organ donation. It would be the first law of its kind in the United States.

Nothing mandatory or controlling over that.

To a degree there is. Let's say, for instance, the government is allowed to sell your personal information unless you opt out (it's written in the small print which few people actually read). Hence most, unbeknown to them, have agreed without their explicit knowledge and consent.
Unless the government provides the upfront accept/decline option that is required by law for businesses (in the above example) to provide, then how many by default will unknowingly acquiesce. The Government is just as aware of the statistics as business is, why else would the government pass a law requiring upfront disclosure.
I only want to have the option to opt in, not be required to opt out. Big difference.

Isn't this against certain religions?

Good point DD about explicit consent. In NJ all new drivers are required to sign a consent form - yay OR nay. I thought that was intrusive enough.

Damn EVIL Gubmint!!

A government reaching and grabbing more and more power and freedoms away... yes.. that is a government doing evil things

Damn EVIL Gubmint!!

A government reaching and grabbing more and more power and freedoms away... yes.. that is a government doing evil things

This is Obama's doing I say!

First Death Panels and now Organ farming.....where will it end??

Ohhhh the humanity! It was all part of his evil plan as a young boy in Kenya

This is not right. It's outrageous. It's enough that there's already all kinds of black market organ"donation" is going on. Seems like this could open all kinds of loopholes for unscrupulous people to become even more so.

Not to mention that people should have control over their own bodies. Hell, women have had that right to choose for years with the abortion laws. If a woman has the right to choose what to do with her body then everybody else should have the right to choose whether to donate any of their body parts.

This Brodsky guy is a real piece of work. Glad I don't live in NY anymore.

They are dead, what rights does a dead person have?

So how do you feel about forcing muslims to piece out their bodies after death?

Is this a move by to make the final most personal of all intrusions, right into one's own body parts? Just because other countries do it.

New York State Assemblyman Richard Brodsky introduced a new bill in Albany that would enroll all New Yorkers as an organ donor, unless they actually opt out of organ donation. It would be the first law of its kind in the United States.

"Overseas, 24 nations have it. Israel has it. Others have it. And it works without a lot of controversy," Brodsky said.

I have heard others say, if your in a serious accident and someone nearby needs a body part or two, could YOU be harvested for it? I have very mixed feelings with this issue.

But everyone still can opt out? Am I reading this correctly?

This is not right. It's outrageous. It's enough that there's already all kinds of black market organ"donation" is going on. Seems like this could open all kinds of loopholes for unscrupulous people to become even more so.

Not to mention that people should have control over their own bodies. Hell, women have had that right to choose for years with the abortion laws. If a woman has the right to choose what to do with her body then everybody else should have the right to choose whether to donate any of their body parts.

This Brodsky guy is a real piece of work. Glad I don't live in NY anymore.

They are dead, what rights does a dead person have?

So how do you feel about forcing muslims to piece out their bodies after death?

GEEZ! Really?

New York State Assemblyman Richard Brodsky introduced a new bill in Albany that would enroll all New Yorkers as an organ donor, unless they actually opt out of organ donation. It would be the first law of its kind in the United States.

"Overseas, 24 nations have it. Israel has it. Others have it. And it works without a lot of controversy," Brodsky said.

Yes. But how difficult will it be? Contact the office of organ donors, fill out a 3 page release form, notarize...?

In order to get access to my son's grades at college I had to initiate contact with the registrar and truck on down to the surrogate's office to complete a release form. No one told us at freshman orientation that's what we had to do. The secretary said I was the only parent who asked for one. It's the same thing here. It is doubtful that anyone will be informing or assisting folks with the opt out. Which is particularly sad for immigrants and lesser educated people who may have religious objections.

Those sneaky libs...

I support this, you are dead, you have no rights to your organs, as they just decay and become worm food. Its completely stupid to let people die because of stupid superstition that some people have about needing their organs in the afterlife. I never get why people care so much about what happens to their body when they are dead.

Imagine how many people will get much needed organs if selfish relatives and loved ones allowed their dead relative's organs to go to someone to survive.

Although I don't think it could ever hold up. It's despicable if you ask me how many refuse organ donation that they would even want to suggest this./ Everybody should be an organ donor.

Religiously Christians should have no problem except those that oppose blood transfusions. Since God will be resurrecting everyone back to a health body. Even those that are long rotted away.

However, to the point. The family has EVERY right to determine how to prepare the body with in the sanitary concerns of the law. If a person did NOT volunteer their organs the State has no right to seize them. What next? Seizing property and wealth because the dead person doesn't need it anymore?

Each of us is FREE to make a decision about our organs with out the State opting one for us. What is despicable is you claiming otherwise.

but in a free society.. do things default to the government or the personal freedoms of the individual?? therein lies the problem with this statist approach

Forum List

Back