Would You Want To Be President?

giphy.gif

FUCK no. Not because it's a hard job. It's hard to be a fry cook at McDonalds when you're constantly under attack and watching your back. No thank you.

It honestly takes a true narcissist to actively pursue POTUS. They all are narcissists. All of them.
Don't talk about things you know nothing about. They aren't all narcissists. Trump sure is, though.

Yes, they are...

Ike said it best one time and he then ran for President...

well I am qualified, besides the fact that I don't play golf

Advantages:

You can invite the world's greatest scientists to dinner to talk about really cool stuff.

You can call random Americans out of the blue and freak them out and make their day.

Steaks at midnight.

You can boink just about any Hollywood actress you wish. (I never understood why Bill Clinton picked an ugly intern and not Kim Bassinger.)

Air Force One.

Marine One.

Camp David.

Your name ends up in history books.

All the free pens you want.

You get to meet any famous person you wish.

Someone else does all the paperwork.

You can storm out of the office and yell at a Secretary, "Get me the Queen of England on the phone!"

Disadvantages:

Someone is trying to kill you every day.

Someone is on TV every day with their eyes bleeding demanding you be impeached.

Three A.M. phone calls.

You have to submit a federal budget every year that will be ignored/laughed at/used as a doorstop.

You still have to make fundraising calls.

Some comedian on TV does a really bad impression of you every Saturday.

If you trip while boarding Air Force One, it becomes a gif which is retweeted a million times.

Pro tip for Presidents: Don't ever Google your name. It will just depress you.

Being able to go nowhere without a bunch of Secret Service agents on my tail would drive me nuts. And of course, it would be a lot of work.
So no.

You would be a multi-millionaire once done with your time in the Oval Office...
Ah! I forgot that is one of the advantages I should have listed.

You make millions on the mashed potato circuit after you retire.

Advantages
if I could be GUARANTEED to tour the whole facility at Area 51 and see the dead alien bodies; I might change my mind

but even POTUS does not get to see that shit, I understand that Clinton tried and was shut down...

Advantages
if I could be GUARANTEED to tour the whole facility at Area 51 and see the dead alien bodies; I might change my mind

but even POTUS does not get to see that shit, I understand that Clinton tried and was shut down...
Add that to the Disadvantages:

You will overnight become an alien lizard-being in cahoots with the Federal Reserve to enslave all of humanity.

Last edited:
Pretty much.

The same is true for CEOs.
Oh, GOD. They make me sick.

Complete lack of empathy. Check
Inflated sense of self worth. Check
Sense of entitlement requiring constant admiration. Check
Exaggerated achievements or talents. Check
Preoccupation with fantasies of power, success, brilliance, etc. Check
Belief in their superiority and that they cannot associate with anyone not their equal. CheckCheckCheck
(these are literally textbook characteristics, for anyone doubting)

I could go on and on.

FUCK no. Not because it's a hard job. It's hard to be a fry cook at McDonalds when you're constantly under attack and watching your back. No thank you.

It honestly takes a true narcissist to actively pursue POTUS. They all are narcissists. All of them.
It seems most politicians have a thick skin for all the abuse they take. Some to varying degrees but thicker then many in the general population. So it has to be the power, money and access to conveniences.

It seems most politicians have a thick skin for all the abuse they take. Some to varying degrees but thicker then many in the general population. So it has to be the power, money and access to conveniences.
add the need to be admired and the need to only associate with those believed to be on their same social level

a/k/a narcissistic personality disorder.

CHIEF JUSTICE: I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

NEW PREZ: I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. So help me God.

CROWD: IMPEACH! IMPEACH!

No and that's the danger here. Democats (in this particular case) are trying to criminalize opposing political views) They want the fucker impeached over EVERYTHING, and they are doing their best to investigate ANYONE who ever worked for or supported the guy, or even said "hey Trump was right" one time. Off to jail you go.

Now given THAT, what good people are going to want to work for the government? Let alone run for high office.

Even if you HATE Trump, which I know the OP does, you have to at least acknowledge that the way Trump haters have treated people who work for him is seriously making other people reconsider working for him.

CHIEF JUSTICE: I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

NEW PREZ: I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. So help me God.

No and that's the danger here. Democats (in this particular case) are trying to criminalize opposing political views) They want the fucker impeached over EVERYTHING, and they are doing their best to investigate ANYONE who ever worked for or supported the guy, or even said "hey Trump was right" one time. Off to jail you go.

Now given THAT, what good people are going to want to work for the government? Let alone run for high office.

Even if you HATE Trump, which I know the OP does, you have to at least acknowledge that the way Trump haters have treated people who work for him is seriously making other people reconsider working for him.
See posts 5 and 11.

Don't talk about things you know nothing about. They aren't all narcissists. Trump sure is, though.

Yes, they are...

There is a big difference between a person with a big ego and a narcissist. Narcissists are emotional cripples where egotistical folks are just....egotistical.

Great thread. NO!!!

I am curious who will want to run 15 years from now when all their past "mistakes" will be on social media forever. You said what about goats when you were 12?!?!?! LOL
I could just imagine how my posts on this forum would be taken out of context. *shudder*

Yes, they are...

There is a big difference between a person with a big ego and a narcissist. Narcissists are emotional cripples where egotistical folks are just....egotistical.

Most of our Presidents have or had a narcissistic side to them...

Forum List

Back