Would You Marry Again?

What Biker Sailor said.

I've been told there are three stages in marriage, the Honeymoon, the yours, mine and ours, and lets make a deal. A marriage can move from one stage to the other as necessary, time is not a requisite.

My wife and I have been married for 47 years, had five children and three grand kids.
Death claimed one in infancy. Our youngest, twenty eight, is still single and just now starting to look. Two are divorced and one married for ten years and looking solid.

My wife was a mail order bride. That is, we met and started a relationship via letters. She lived in Texas and I was stationed in Maine.

It's been a wonderful marriage and I would do it all over again with her. But at my age now, 71, I don't feel a another marriage is in the cards. Health issues, legal entanglements, set ways and so on.

But, having women friends could be possible, but it would be just a small part of my life.

The G-kids are what spins my wheels now.

Last edited:
What Biker Sailor said.

I've been told there are three stages in marriage, the Honeymoon, the yours, mine and ours, and lets make a deal. A marriage can move from one stage to the other as necessary, time is not a requisite.

My wife and I have been married for 47 years, had five children and three grand kids.
Death claimed one in infancy. Our youngest, twenty eight, is still single and just now starting to look. Two are divorced and one married for ten years and looking solid.

My wife was a mail order bride. That is, we met and started a relationship via letters.
It's been a wonderful marriage and I would do it all over again with her. But at my age now, 71, I don't feel a another marriage is in the cards. Health issues, legal entanglements, set ways and so on.

But, having women friends could be possible, but it would be just a small part of my life.

Cool story

What Biker Sailor said.

My wife was a mail order bride. That is, we met and started a relationship via letters. She lived in Texas and I was stationed in Maine.

Letters?? What are they???

great story, congrats on a happy marriage.

I believed that a woman could have any two of three: a great marriage, happy kids and a fulfilling career. I'm not sorry I chose the kid and the career; like others here, living alone suits me and I'm not sure I could give it up.

My dentist remarried and bought the house next door to his bride. That might have possibilities.

I lost my wife in 2001 to a car accident. I was beyond devastated. It was as if my world ended. A piece of me was gone forever. We had known each other since we were 16. We were high school sweethearts and married before I left for boot camp. We had a damn good relationship. We were beyond husband and wife. We were best friends. Soul mates. I didn't think I would ever marry again.

In 2005 I by chance met Rada. She's 20 years my junior (35). She's Russian but moved to the US in her early 20s. I was going in to a restaurant and saw her struggling to fix her flat tire. I went over and changed it for her. We ended up having dinner and hit it off instantly. We're definitely an odd couple seeing our age, nationalities and cultures are so different but we get along perfectly, love each other very much and are the best of friends. We do everything together.

I never thought I would marry again but last month I proposed to her. She said yes.

The moral of the story is don't ever say never. You never know what curve ball God will throw at you. Life is full of surprises. Some of them turn out to be damn fine ones.

Should something happen that would end your marriage, do you think you would want to marry again? For me, that kind of familiarity does breed contempt as the saying goes...lol. So "not again."

Something (or maybe it was nothing, hard to tell) DID happen to end my marrigage.

Yeah, I'd consider marrying again if I found somebody to love that I though could put up with my foibles.

I'd say the chances of that person finding me are fairly slim though, since I'm not actively seeking another significant other.

I lost my wife in 2001 to a car accident. I was beyond devastated. It was as if my world ended. A piece of me was gone forever. We had known each other since we were 16. We were high school sweethearts and married before I left for boot camp. We had a damn good relationship. We were beyond husband and wife. We were best friends. Soul mates. I didn't think I would ever marry again.

In 2005 I by chance met Rada. She's 20 years my junior (35). She's Russian but moved to the US in her early 20s. I was going in to a restaurant and saw her struggling to fix her flat tire. I went over and changed it for her. We ended up having dinner and hit it off instantly. We're definitely an odd couple seeing our age, nationalities and cultures are so different but we get along perfectly, love each other very much and are the best of friends. We do everything together.

I never thought I would marry again but last month I proposed to her. She said yes.

What a great story. Thanks for sharing.

The moral of the story is don't ever say never. You never know what curve ball God will throw at you. Life is full of surprises. Some of them turn out to be damn fine ones.

True dat!

Good for you.

What Biker Sailor said.

A B C E O U stuff like that.

What Biker Sailor said.

LOL. Would you believe there are people alive now who are fully literate but who have NEVER sat down and wrote a letter to somebody as friendly communications, folded it, put it in an envelope, put a stamp on it, and mailed it? But indeed in the past there have been remarkable relationships developed and continued for years in just that way.

LOL. Would you believe there are people alive now who are fully literate but who have NEVER sat down and wrote a letter to somebody as friendly communications, folded it, put it in an envelope, put a stamp on it, and mailed it? But indeed in the past there have been remarkable relationships developed and continued for years in just that way.

My son (the 35 year old) will move to Germany on the 15th of this month.....He will get married as soon as possible once he gets there. He has not seen his future wife since 1995. But they have communicated over the net. Times change......(and we will be empty nesters again):):):):)

What's a stamp?

What's a stamp?

A what? Is that like the thing they put on your hand at Disneyland?

What's a stamp?

A what? Is that like the thing they put on your hand at Disneyland?

I thought that was a wristband.

What's a stamp?

It's what is imprinted on a new husband's forehead to denote that he no longer has a mind of his own. :eusa_whistle:

What's a stamp?

It's what is imprinted on a new husband's forehead to denote that he no longer has a mind of his own. :eusa_whistle:

I thought it was something drawn in ink on the lower back of a beautiful woman....:lol:

I thought it was something drawn in ink on the lower back of a beautiful woman....:lol:

That would be a "Tramp Stamp."

And, take it from an expert, beauty has nothing to do with it.

Speaking for yourself....:lol: [but I am in agreement] So that is two of us and many more here..lol. We did this one not long ago. I decided I like the longest organ of the human body to be as unblemished as much as possible...smooth, silky long and lean....

Speaking for yourself....:lol: [but I am in agreement] So that is two of us and many more here..lol. We did this one not long ago. I decided I like the longest organ of the human body to be as unblemished as much as possible...smooth, silky long and lean....

Actually, I was only adressing "something drawn in ink on the lower back of a beautiful woman."

I myself, I confess, am "inked" on my chest.

DSCN0824.jpg

Actually, I was only adressing "something drawn in ink on the lower back of a beautiful woman."

I myself, I confess, am "inked" on my chest.

DSCN0824.jpg

Yes we've seen it, now get dressed.

Forum List

Back