Would You Marry Again?

Should something happen that would end your marriage, do you think you would want to marry again? For me, that kind of familiarity does breed contempt as the saying goes...lol. So "not again."

Based on now, I should say HELL NO!!!

But, I would still hold out hope. I want the familiarity of the scent of a woman beside me, the softness of a woman's skin against mine, the sweet breath of a woman gently on my chest, the experience of discovering new things together, no matter how familiar we may be.

Two Words:

Golden Retriever.

You know.......after I'd gotten divorced in 1993, I was kind of a mess for a little while, drank too much and didn't do myself much good.

A friend of mine named Ned told me that I should take a full year off from relationships so that I could find out who I am. During that time, I rode a bicycle from Jacksonville Fl to Newport RI (matter of fact, on Labor Day 16 years ago, I was pedaling through Ocean City MD and Cape May.

I learned a great deal about myself during that year, and from then on, I'd decided that I would remain single until I got out or retired.

Probably the best move I'd ever done by the way......I learned something about the difference of loneliness and being alone. If you're codependent and have your significant other as the central hub of your life, when they're gone, you get lonely.

If you've learned to live on your own, and be a self supporting unit? You may be alone, but interestingly enough, you never get lonely.

Forum List

Back