Would You Marry Again?

Should something happen that would end your marriage, do you think you would want to marry again? For me, that kind of familiarity does breed contempt as the saying goes...lol. So "not again."

Time heals most wounds, AA. I did not think I would marry after the death of my first wife, yet I did, to a wonderful woman who has been my mainstay for almost two decades. Should she pass before me, I do not think I would marry again, but my history informs me that may not be true.

I am very happy for you Jake. There are just some of us, who place a higher value on living independently, than with another. It is for me, an emotionally stable existence that allows for total freedom. It has become a healthy habit. :)

Who is he kidding. He live alone in his parent's basement.

I spoke at length with my husband about this. His concern was, if anything should happen to him, he wanted me to be able to remarry and have more children.

:eusa_eh:

You'd think, being dead, he'd have better things to worry about.

You'd think so.:eek:

I figure that if any part of us remains "alive" after death, that it is somewhat more objective than our human hormonal drive allows for, and holds no particular wants or needs that seem so important while we are in physical form. Of course, there's no way to know definitively, but we seem to be hugely driven by hormonal urges until we begin to age significantly, not only concerning sexual and family relationships, but (I believe) even some of the higher cognitive functions that are ego-driven.

I spoke at length with my husband about this. His concern was, if anything should happen to him, he wanted me to be able to remarry and have more children.

:eusa_eh:

You'd think, being dead, he'd have better things to worry about.

You'd think so.:eek:

I'm very insightful

I figure that if any part of us remains "alive" after death, that it is somewhat more objective than our human hormonal drive allows for, and holds no particular wants or needs that seem so important while we are in physical form. Of course, there's no way to know definitively, but we seem to be hugely driven by hormonal urges until we begin to age significantly, not only concerning sexual and family relationships, but (I believe) even some of the higher cognitive functions that are ego-driven.

Either that, or

We're just worm-meat.

Time heals most wounds, AA. I did not think I would marry after the death of my first wife, yet I did, to a wonderful woman who has been my mainstay for almost two decades. Should she pass before me, I do not think I would marry again, but my history informs me that may not be true.

I am very happy for you Jake. There are just some of us, who place a higher value on living independently, than with another. It is for me, an emotionally stable existence that allows for total freedom. It has become a healthy habit. :)

Who is he kidding. He live alone in his parent's basement.

:lol:

I've created a moron and caused less than half a man to melt down. That was easy. Well not that starkey is done, what next?

Right now I would say ... I don't think so. But one never knows what the future will hold. I married my soulmate and have no intentions on ending our marraige. Nor does he. We are friends and lovers and enjoy spending time together. Honestly, I have yet to meet a man that could come close to taking his place. Now if death ( Heaven forbid ) were a factor, I would probably need a decade to grieve. After that ... if someone entered my life ... I may consider remarrying.

Your experience is what Jake and Dave and several of us are experiencing. If you find your absolute soul mate, you feel as free and comfortable as you do with the freedom that comes with being single. You don't feel obligated or 'trapped' in having to accommodate the other. You don't want to do anything else.

Admittedly there are times we are doing activities in different places and we get our own space and for awhile it is good. But then I find I miss having him to bounce thoughts, ideas, impressions off of, etc. And it is so good to see him.

Marriage to a non soul mate? Not something I would covet. But to your soul mate. Nothing beats it.

Three years ago this past March, I had a procedure called Novasure done. In short, it's the destruction of the uteran wall which in turn means no more monthly cycle :woohoo: and no more pregnancies. I have two heathy children and wasn't planning on getting pregnant again anyway.
I spoke at length with my husband about this. His concern was, if anything should happen to him, he wanted me to be able to remarry and have more children. I appreciated his input and told him that I had never thought about, nor did I have any desire to remarry if something did happen. And I sure as hell wasn't going to have anymore children. I had the procedure done and we've never looked back.

There are those who don't believe me, but shortly after my husband and I started dating, I knew I was going to marry him. I just knew it. :) Talk about a woman's intuition!

Hi Masquerade! Just came home and am reading some of these. I believe you, because when I met my soulmate, I knew it too, and so did he. My mom had flown out to visit me and after knowing my guy for just a couple of weeks, I pointed him out to her and said "mom, that is my next husband." She thought, "no way" [because of who he was] but I showed her, months later...lol. He was the one man who could handle me. :) I won't go in to why it didn't last longer than quite a few years, but it did not involve another woman or man...[something worse] :lol: Now I have a friend and the life I have designed for myself and as of this posting it is perfect. One day at a time. I wouldn't change a thing. I have been on all sides.

Last edited:
I doubt anyone would put up with me so probably not.

Immie

I feel the same way Immie. I'm too much for one man to have to deal with. High maintenance, high energy and high excitement. :rofl:

Uuuummmmm..................

transporter-2-7.jpg

Spoonie is good for grins and chuckles, ABS. He has provided the entire board a lot of amusement.

WIFE: "What would you do if I died? Would you get married again?"
HUSBAND: "Definitely not!"
WIFE: "Why not? Don't you like being married?"
HUSBAND: "Of course I do."
WIFE: "Then why wouldn't you remarry?"
HUSBAND: "Okay, okay, I'd get married again."
WIFE: "You would?" (with a hurt look)

HUSBAND: Audible groan
WIFE: "Would you live in our house?"
HUSBAND: "Sure, it's a great house."
WIFE: "Would you sleep with her in our bed?"
HUSBAND: "Where else would we sleep?"
WIFE: "Would you let her drive my car?"
HUSBAND: "Probably, it is almost new."
WIFE: "Would you replace my pictures with hers?"
HUSBAND: "That would seem like the proper thing to do."
WIFE: "Would you give her my jewelry?"
HUSBAND: "No, I'm sure she'd want her own."
WIFE: "Would she use my golf clubs?"
HUSBAND: "No, she's left-handed."
:eek:

WIFE: "What would you do if I died? Would you get married again?"
HUSBAND: "Definitely not!"
WIFE: "Why not? Don't you like being married?"
HUSBAND: "Of course I do."
WIFE: "Then why wouldn't you remarry?"
HUSBAND: "Okay, okay, I'd get married again."
WIFE: "You would?" (with a hurt look)

HUSBAND: Audible groan
WIFE: "Would you live in our house?"
HUSBAND: "Sure, it's a great house."
WIFE: "Would you sleep with her in our bed?"
HUSBAND: "Where else would we sleep?"
WIFE: "Would you let her drive my car?"
HUSBAND: "Probably, it is almost new."
WIFE: "Would you replace my pictures with hers?"
HUSBAND: "That would seem like the proper thing to do."
WIFE: "Would you give her my jewelry?"
HUSBAND: "No, I'm sure she'd want her own."
WIFE: "Would she use my golf clubs?"
HUSBAND: "No, she's left-handed."
:eek:

:rofl: Fantastic!!!! Thanks for the morning lol...

I really think love is an illusion. I'll take infatuation....:lol:

Nah- it's not an illusion, it's just not what we think it is. It's the will to love, not a feeling. It takes great dedication and sacrifice, and is the greatest thing a human can aspire to.

We'll whatever you wanna call it, fallin' into it is nice every 15 to 20 years.

More than that can kill ya.

You don't fall into love. That denotes a possible mistake or something over which one does not have control over. Love is not blind. One grows (at least should) in love. Love is a living entity that starts in the seed of our mind and one day blossoms in the depths of our soul.

Forum List

Back