Would You Marry Again?

Sorry to disappoint you. I look nothing like mine.

HAHAHA...damn! Too bad! Yours is sexy as hell, because it is powerful in a wonderful way..:)

Well, of course you would say that. After all, when Pegasus was born, he flew to where thunder and lightning is released, where he was tamed by Athena who then gave him to Perseus.

Oh! Bummer! I was hoping you wouldn't remember. Now I'm *outed!* :cool:

After 15 years, I'd never marry again, but that's just because I chose the person I was in love with and not the person I was most compatible with. I was never cut out to be a married man, but I continue to do it for my daughters sake.

After 15 years, I'd never marry again, but that's just because I chose the person I was in love with and not the person I was most compatible with. I was never cut out to be a married man, but I continue to do it for my daughters sake.

I hear that, R.C. I am not cut out for it either. I stand alone. It keeps me strong.

Thanks for your post and it is nice to meet you and "WELCOME!"

Kahlil Gibran is a fave poet and philospher of mine. He thought much as I think. I like what he says here:

"Give your hearts, but not into each other's keeping;
For only the hand of Life can contain your hearts.

"And stand together yet not too near together;
For the pillars of the temple stand apart,
And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other's shadow
."

Well, after the first one steppeds out on me, if I lose the second, I'll take it as a sign to stop. Probably just take gourmet cooking classes and invite people over for dinner a lot.

Probably not. No one could replace her.

That's my issue too. I just can't imagine I'd find anyone else like her.

Plus, if something happened to her, I'd be a complete wreck of a person. Who'd want to marry someone like that?

Plus, if something happened to her, I'd be a complete wreck of a person. Who'd want to marry someone like that?

daveman and Dr.Traveler, I understand exactly what you are saying. Time does matters for most (not all) people, however. It did for me, and I was certainly not asking for or expecting it.

Actually, I think ink can be very sexy on a man. Your's looks great but why did you lighten your chest hair???? lol

I'm Old....seems to be a prerequiste, or no one believes me....:eusa_whistle:

I like to think of the men here as looking like their av....:lol: Helps me to stay *excited!* :)

Shhh.... I've been using the human's computer to post as him for years. Don't give away my secret!

(EDIT: its a lame joke I know. The Cat in my AV is actually my cat, not some internet cat. He, my wife, and I went through Katrina together.)

Last edited:

daveman and Dr.Traveler, I understand exactly what you are saying. Time does matters for most (not all) people, however. It did for me, and I was certainly not asking for or expecting it.

This'll sound really pathetic, but if I have to leave for a weekend, my OCD comes back. We freely admit we're codependent. I blame it on Katrina occurring a few months into married life.

So yeah, I'd be a total mess of a person without her. I really doubt I'd marry again. Not to mention, I have a son. I think marrying when you have children can make for some very complicated issues I'd probably rather avoid for him if I could.

This'll sound really pathetic, but if I have to leave for a weekend, my OCD comes back. We freely admit we're codependent. I blame it on Katrina occurring a few months into married life.

So yeah, I'd be a total mess of a person without her. I really doubt I'd marry again. Not to mention, I have a son. I think marrying when you have children can make for some very complicated issues I'd probably rather avoid for him if I could.

Katrina, Rita, Charlie, Ike, you name it, yeah, had family spread from west of Houston all the way to Orlando trying to rebuild homes and lives. I think I understand. No, it does not sound pathetic. Losing my first wife almost tore me apart, much less the kids. Losing the second one, I don't think, would be any easier.

Typical macho man married typical good-looking lady, and after the wedding, he laid down the following rules:

'I'll be home when I want, if I want and at what time
I want -- and I don't expect any hassle from you.
I expect a great dinner to be on the table unless
I tell you that I won't be home for dinner.
I'll go hunting, fishing, boozing, and card-playing
when I want with my old buddies, and don't you
give me a hard time about it.
Those are my rules. Any comments?'

His new bride said:
'No, that's fine with me. Just understand that there will be sex here at seven o'clock every night...whether you're here or not. '

Katrina, Rita, Charlie, Ike, you name it, yeah, had family spread from west of Houston all the way to Orlando trying to rebuild homes and lives. I think I understand. No, it does not sound pathetic. Losing my first wife almost tore me apart, much less the kids. Losing the second one, I don't think, would be any easier.

Sounds like you walk around with a black cloud over your head.

Should something happen that would end your marriage, do you think you would want to marry again? For me, that kind of familiarity does breed contempt as the saying goes...lol. So "not again."

You DO ask some provocative questions that I have not seen on a discussion forum before. Truth is I lost my husband to cancer 23 years ago. I did NOT remarry. Now, I'm not saying there was no one after that, but there were some things about marriage that I didn't want to repeat, like inlaws. And that hasn't changed after all these years. I like doing what I want, when I want, making and spending my own money, etc. etc. etc. :clap2:

(At the funeral one woman said, "I"m so sorry your children will now have to be juvenile delinquents." Well they didn't.) :clap2::clap2:

Should something happen that would end your marriage, do you think you would want to marry again? For me, that kind of familiarity does breed contempt as the saying goes...lol. So "not again."

You DO ask some provocative questions that I have not seen on a discussion forum before. Truth is I lost my husband to cancer 23 years ago. I did NOT remarry. Now, I'm not saying there was no one after that, but there were some things about marriage that I didn't want to repeat, like inlaws. And that hasn't changed after all these years. I like doing what I want, when I want, making and spending my own money, etc. etc. etc. :clap2:

(At the funeral one woman said, "I"m so sorry your children will now have to be juvenile delinquents." Well they didn't.) :clap2::clap2:

"I"m so sorry your children will now have to be juvenile delinquents." :disbelief::disbelief:

At the funeral!!!:eek:

My Reply: "I'm so sorry your children have an insensitive moron for a mother."

Kahlil Gibran is a fave poet and philospher of mine. He thought much as I think. I like what he says here:

"Give your hearts, but not into each other's keeping;
For only the hand of Life can contain your hearts.

"And stand together yet not too near together;
For the pillars of the temple stand apart,
And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other's shadow."

I believe it boils down to this: Can you love someone enough to let them be and remain themselves, and let them grow into whatever they may become, but still be happy? Can you maintain your own identity and let them have theirs as well, without growing bitter? You never know until you try, and you never succeed until you persevere. The ability to be happy and satisfied in a solitary life is a nice state of mind to reach. The ability to be happy and satisfied in an intimate relationship is a nice state of mind to reach, and much more difficult to achieve. Either one is a satisfying life in its own right.

"I"m so sorry your children will now have to be juvenile delinquents." :disbelief::disbelief:

That's just the tip of the iceberg. My 11 year old son was told he was 'the man of the house now.' Someone said, 'Oh hunny don't worry, you are young you will find someone else.' I don't even remember it all. It was so long ago, and the children and I are all so different now.

That's just the tip of the iceberg. My 11 year old son was told he was 'the man of the house now.' Someone said, 'Oh hunny don't worry, you are young you will find someone else.' I don't even remember it all. It was so long ago, and the children and I are all so different now.

Ya know what....I'd like to have a fake funeral for myself, then I'd like to hear all these asshole's remarks so that I could "rise from the dead" and give them all a good butt kicking.:evil:

Ya know what....I'd like to have a fake funeral for myself, then I'd like to hear all these asshole's remarks so that I could "rise from the dead" and give them all a good butt kicking.:evil:

Now THAT would be cool! I just bundled up my kids and moved away! Kids stayed away and I came back a different person. I think they don't really know WHAT to say to me these days~

Based on now, I should say HELL NO!!!

But, I would still hold out hope. I want the familiarity of the scent of a woman beside me, the softness of a woman's skin against mine, the sweet breath of a woman gently on my chest, the experience of discovering new things together, no matter how familiar we may be.

Forum List

Back