Would you favor Trump dismissing all Dept. of Education Employees, effectively shutting it down?

Should Trump dismiss all DoE personnel and shut it down?

• Yes.

Votes: 55 90.2%
  • No.

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • That is unconstitutional.

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
Would you miss it?

What is the constitutional basis for the DoE?

It needs to go. There is no value added by the money spent in its operation.

While it does not prove causation, there is a direct correlation between the creation of The ED and the drop in US student world rankings

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

To me the only thing it should do is set MINIMUM standards for education that all schools have to meet.

MINIMUM.

I shouldn't even be a cabinet level position, but should be something like the FDA or the USDA.

Would you miss it?

While it does not prove causation, there is a direct correlation between the creation of The ED and the drop in US student world rankings

To me the only thing it should do is set MINIMUM standards for education that all schools have to meet.

MINIMUM.

I shouldn't even be a cabinet level position, but should be something like the FDA or the USDA.

Wait, isn't that what they're doing now? Although they are trying to lower that minimum standard.

Would you miss it?

MINIMUM.

Don't you have any faith in your local or state government?

Education is not a federal issue.

There is no Department of Education in the Constitution. It never should have been created.

Let the States run education in their own States.

Shut down the unneeded DOE.

The Teachers Union owes reparations to the 2 of 3 kids who can't function at grade level

Shut it the fuck down
24vzjt.jpg

We need to find out the curriculum of the schools in China, then ramp it up to give our poor idiot snowflakes a fighting chance in this world...
if you're looking at the chinese, odds are you need to look elsewhere cause they likely stole whatever it is that has any value.

MINIMUM.

Isn't that a state issue though?

I see it more as the ability for bare minimums to be equivalent between the States, setting a floor as such.

It has to do with commerce between the States, and the ability of people to move freely between the States, so I see this limited scope as part of the federal mandate.

That being said, the current laws on the books for this could probably be reduced by a factor of 100 to meet the requirements I listed above.

I see it more as the ability for bare minimums to be equivalent between the States, setting a floor as such.

It has to do with commerce between the States, and the ability of people to move freely between the States, so I see this limited scope as part of the federal mandate.

That being said, the current laws on the books for this could probably be reduced by a factor of 100 to meet the requirements I listed above.
Yeah, but once you start loosely applying the commerce clause, ANYTHING can be deemed regulation of interstate commerce, thereby preempting all state authority.

Forum List

Back