Would you agree to higher taxes in exchange for healthcare and college at no-cost?

Which purposes do our taxes go to?
Article 1, Section 8: The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States;
Keep in mind that "general Welfare" means, programs that will benefit all Americans equally. Not "programs that some politician might help somebody somewhere".

(plus a few other things listed elsewhere in the document)

As for anything else: Amendment 10: The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
Meaning, anything else must be handled by the State (NOT the Fed), and/or private people or groups.

Note that schools are not listed anywhere in the Constitution. Meaning, they are forbidden for the Feds to deal with. States or lower governments must do it; or private groups or persons. Doesn't matter what I might "agree to". That's the Law of the Land.

No, no need to thank me for answering the question correctly. Happy to help! :biggrin:

Which purposes do our taxes go to? This is kind of regarding the controversy in the US. For higher taxes (how high would you allow? 30% or more?) Instead of payment changes per school district, a fixed amount budget per school. College at no cost as in tuition is 0, still paid by taxes. No payment per semester/quarter. Don't need loans for education.
However I suppose too many people won't accept my idea just calling it stupid.

Suplex, I don't agree with your idea but I wouldnt call it stupid. I can see the upside for people who are willing to and want the Government to provide everythibg to them. For people like that it has,great upside.

However, for those of ys who do not want the Government making decisions for us it's not a great fit. It's also contrary to the US Constitution.

The left should lead by example, sell all your belongings, move into government housing, give the money and all excess earnings to a government college fund. No? I thought not.
Why would we want to do that?

Help the people who need helping which includes food, housing, education and healthcare

I'm pointing out your blatant hypocrisy. The left is all for raising other peoples taxes but the cheap bastards never want to give their own money. We know how you people are.

Which purposes do our taxes go to? This is kind of regarding the controversy in the US. For higher taxes (how high would you allow? 30% or more?) Instead of payment changes per school district, a fixed amount budget per school. College at no cost as in tuition is 0, still paid by taxes. No payment per semester/quarter. Don't need loans for education.

Short answer: no. The government fucks up everything it touches.

Suplex, I don't agree with your idea but I wouldnt call it stupid. I can see the upside for people who are willing to and want the Government to provide everythibg to them. For people like that it has,great upside.
Namely, people who (for whatever reason) want others to pay for their stuff.

The left should lead by example, sell all your belongings, move into government housing, give the money and all excess earnings to a government college fund. No? I thought not.

Help the people who need helping which includes food, housing, education and healthcare

I'm pointing out your blatant hypocrisy. The left is all for raising other peoples taxes but the cheap bastards never want to give their own money. We know how you people are.
Of course we give our own money moron

Wealthy Democrats vote to raise their own taxes
Wealthy Republucans vote to cut benefits for the poor

There's no need to raise taxes, just give the money to the government voluntarily. Is there a single liberal on the forum who's willing to give all their wealth to the government to lead by example? Isn't there one lib who will drink their own koolaid?

We are debt free and we started our children's college funds before they were even born. It's called planning, living within your means, working hard and tada!!!!! you get ahead. I owe you no anyone else NOTHING
College was affordable then because your government made it so. Jobs stayed in America cause your government made it so.

You saying you owe no one tells me you don't get it. Republicans believe they were born in the log cabin they built themselves. That's all I would say. You're a greedy iggnorant citizen. Archie bunker.

No, YOU don't get it. Nobody paid our college tuition, we paid for it. I don't owe you a damn thing and I don't owe anyone else a damn thing. We started off just like everyone else and worked our way up. Tell me, why should YOU or anyone else benefit from our hard work and dedication to getting ahead. We made a life plan and stuck to it. YOU and your fellow parasites are not part of our plan. Sorry, you better get off your asses and get it done, nobody owes you
You don't realize you could afford college because government kept it affordable. Thank a liberal. You're welcome.

You're too fucking stupid to live. College costs are going up BECAUSE of government. Get educated fool
Let them fix that.
Fix what?

Your claim that they made college affordable
or
Your claim that they made college unaffordable

?????????

You mean my taxes didn't increase when Congress passed those tax increases?

The reality is sad and the idea may be good. Americans are greedy. Plain and simple. That's why people say no. They don't want their money spent on anything they don't think is worth it. Unfortunately they don't know what actually worth it.
I don't want my money spent by my government that has no constitutional grounds.
If I want my money to go to a particular college I will make a donation to support a scholarship program

Given how the cost of healthcare and college is going up it may be the only option for many soon.

The reality is sad and the idea may be good. Americans are greedy. Plain and simple. That's why people say no. They don't want their money spent on anything they don't think is worth it. Unfortunately they don't know what actually worth it.
I don't want my money spent by my government that has no constitutional grounds.
If I want my money to go to a particular college I will make a donation to support a scholarship program

Liberals will be along shortly to inform you its not really 'your' money.

I didn't make that

I didn't make that

In the liberal world you have all the rights and privileges of a civil war era slave. You didn't make it, build it, or earn it you are their property.

Whatever happened to ASPIRING to go to college and working one's ass off particularly during middle/high school years to maintain high grades, being actively involved in school and community activities, taking extra credits, etc.? This business of "entitlement" to everything that comes down the pike is ruining us as individuals and as a country. When I read or hear of colleges having to teach remedial reading I think there's a problem.

ObamaCare or the Affordable Care Act needs to be fully repealed and it's roots torn out - it's UNaffordable!! To everybody - whether they are covered under it or have their own employer or private coverage!! Republicans need to NOT come up with their own national healthcare plan in the bargain. And to have the IRS as the enforcer agency to fine (translation: financially punish) the non-conformists is a nightmare in and of itself.

Taxes need to be cut, period. Look on the US Treasury as the Big Piggy Bank for Congressmen to use/misuse/borrow from/transfer from, etc. at will. And don't forget the unbalanced federal budget issues. There is so much incredible waste in government it's pathetic.
As if hard work and ambition has stopped, hater dupe. Along with a fair GOP.

ACA is fine, dingbat, and will only get better. No more freeloaders/morons.

Taxes have to be raised on the richest and giant corporations, ie pay their fair share, to help the nonrich and the country. see sig.

Last edited:

I didn't make that

In the liberal world you have all the rights and privileges of a civil war era slave. You didn't make it, build it, or earn it you are their property.
Way to get screwed by your party for 30 years and blame their opponents and victims, brainwashed functional moron.

Yes

Whatever happened to ASPIRING to go to college and working one's ass off particularly during middle/high school years to maintain high grades, being actively involved in school and community activities, taking extra credits, etc.? This business of "entitlement" to everything that comes down the pike is ruining us as individuals and as a country. When I read or hear of colleges having to teach remedial reading I think there's a problem.

ObamaCare or the Affordable Care Act needs to be fully repealed and it's roots torn out - it's UNaffordable!! To everybody - whether they are covered under it or have their own employer or private coverage!! Republicans need to NOT come up with their own national healthcare plan in the bargain. And to have the IRS as the enforcer agency to fine (translation: financially punish) the non-conformists is a nightmare in and of itself.

Taxes need to be cut, period. Look on the US Treasury as the Big Piggy Bank for Congressmen to use/misuse/borrow from/transfer from, etc. at will. And don't forget the unbalanced federal budget issues. There is so much incredible waste in government it's pathetic.

Bingo and bravo
not everyone is cut out to go to college. what are they going to do: FORCE them like they are Forcing people into purchasing OscamCare or private Insurance or be FINED?. Our youngsters in this day and age has become lazy and feel Entitled. But that's what the Democrat party feeds them, so here we are.

Forum List

Back